Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 03:25 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
As you stated here, the Personal Responsibility Quotient.

I state again...

Man up.
That's MY term. The personal responsibility statistics in question comprise the above. Which one do you want me start with to show you that white people are not the demographic that needs to own up to things?

As I said, now would be a good time for you to digress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 03:26 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
That's certainly a widely-held perception, which is no doubt why this forum is the "White Men's Whining Club" in which, yes, it's everybody else's fault that they're not Bill Gates. Women, gays, minorities, unions, foreigners, atheists, you name it.

PS. AeroGuyDC, will you be including those people in your cute little Personal Responsibility Quotient? You whities regularly blame them for everything, so surely you're saying that women, gays, unions, minorities atheists and foreigners are all lacking in personal responsibility. Can't wait to see you prove it.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:27 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Yes, working class black and Hispanic people.

"As of 2010, white families, on average, earned about $2 for every $1 that black and Hispanic families earned, a ratio that has remained roughly constant for the last 30 years.

By the most recent data, the average white family had about $632,000 in wealth, versus $98,000 for black families and $110,000 for Hispanic families." The recession hit black and Hispanic families harder than whites.

So, there obviously is an advantage to being born white in this country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/29/bu...anted=all&_r=0

"average"

///snicker///

Old 06-19-2013, 03:28 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
White people are not a minority in this country; they represent 72 % of the population. It's hard to be a minority when you ARE the over-whelming majority and when in general you earn $2 for every $1 the real minorities earn.

White men as a group also earn about 77 % more than white women.

So white men are not a minority group by any stretch of the imagination.

Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
blurring more lines are we? I said white men, you said white people. guess we're all the same to you.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:31 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,232 times
Quote:

"As of 2010, white families, on average, earned about $2 for every $1 that black and Hispanic families earned, a ratio that has remained roughly constant for the last 30 years.

By the most recent data, the average white family had about $632,000 in wealth, versus $98,000 for black families and $110,000 for Hispanic families." The recession hit black and Hispanic families harder than whites.

Remember, the reason this data looks so messed up is that when you do the numbers for white families you include people like Bill Gates and the Walmart clan. I'm pretty certain if you remove the top 1% folks the white family average is going to look a whole lot like the black and hispanic family average.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:33 PM

122 posts, read 108,124 times
Yes its the worst for us. I know as I am a working class white person.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:34 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That's MY term. The personal responsibility statistics in question comprise the above. Which one do you want me start with to show you that white people are not the demographic that needs to own up to things?

As I said, now would be a good time for you to digress.
Hahahaha! So you challenge me to disprove a number that you just pulled out of your butt, comprised of numbers you just feel are right. I would love it one day to have a crank that when challenged on some number they pulled rectally, that I wouldn't get a bunch of gibberish and made up crap.

I should make up a personal integrity index. So far this hits about 0 on the scale.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Hahahaha! So you challenge me to disprove a number that you just pulled out of your butt, comprised of numbers you just feel are right. I would love it one day to have a crank that when challenged on some number they pulled rectally, that I wouldn't get a bunch of gibberish and made up crap.

I should make up a personal integrity index. So far this hits about 0 on the scale.
LOL, "rectal data." A P&OC special!

Old 06-19-2013, 03:41 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:

Huh?! Wow,...umm...what do you consider working class? Construction trades? Manufacturing? Agriculture? All DOMINATED by Mexicans. Obhhhh. Ok, "Hispanics". Wtfe. This is my work market. Mexicans have flooded construction and service trades. And a high percentage oc tbem are not skilled at all. Just willing to work cheap. Doesn't matter that your water heater levels your house after install. Got it put in for 25% less, or better. The contractor can bid his labor down. Cut my tbroat, as a one man show, "white boy"type, and laugh all the way to tbe bank. Quick and cheap are tbe two qualities in vouge. Keep them Mexicans coming, but don't ***** at me when it doesn't last ten years.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:42 PM

90 posts, read 72,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
That's certainly a widely-held perception, which is no doubt why this forum is the "White Men's Whining Club" in which, yes, it's everybody else's fault that they're not Bill Gates. Women, gays, minorities, unions, foreigners, atheists, you name it.

PS. AeroGuyDC, will you be including those people in your cute little Personal Responsibility Quotient? You whities regularly blame them for everything, so surely you're saying that women, gays, unions, minorities atheists and foreigners are all lacking in personal responsibility. Can't wait to see you prove it.
There is no reason to be hostile. I articulated exactly why I think working class white folks are at a disadvantage.

Do you refute any of those specific claims (affirmative action, etc?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies