Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 01:45 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,289,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I have no problem with Asians and Hispanics. I have a lot of respect for them because of their work ethic. I see a bright future for them in America. The other minority groups better wake up and try to keep up with them.

I don't see them voting for idiotic liberal programs in the future that subsidize mediocrity and lazy do-nothing people who try to hide behind some victim status.
Asians, specifically educated Asians, overwhelmingly vote democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM

63,199 posts, read 29,336,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
What is your location?
Southern California.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:48 PM

445 posts, read 866,524 times
Quote:
In terms of absolute interracial marriage percentages in the USA the east coast , and eastern seaboard states have really very little interracial marriage based on census and other info.

In fact whites in the NorthEast had the lowest rates of interracial marriage. There are 15x more Interracial marriages involving white partners in the Southwest.

There are more interracial marriages in California involving white-hispanic than their are black-white throughout USA. In one state!

Also Lucario, if you take the sum of white/latino marriages out in these states of the southwest, remove the white/latino mixing. Latinos would still have higher rates of interracial marriages than Blacks....from marrying Asians and Blacks.

So heres what I am saying:

1. Latinos make up the bulk of interracial marriages in America. On average 61-67% of all interracial marriages has one hispanic partner.

2. Nearly all of those unions were in the Southwestern USA.

3. Whites only married out in significant portions in the Southwestern USA and Hawaii. Everywhere else there numbers were as low as 9 in ever 1000 (missippi).
What is the point of this thread? Is there something you want non-hispanic whites to admit to you?

Old 06-20-2013, 02:02 PM

366 posts, read 646,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
A union of a Latino and a non-Latino is not anymore "interracial" than many unions between Latinos themselves are interracial! (A Dominican and a Mexican, for example, would most likely be notably "interracial")

Around these parts there are tons of inter-ETHNIC (or, rather, inter-CULTURAL) marriages between "Hispanic" people and non-Hispanic people.

Re: White people "marrying out"... I know whites have the lowest rates of out-marriage, but I'm not sure the OP's stats are correct, since I've read in the past that white guys and Asian female rates are very high.
Asian female and White males are very high. The reason the stats dont show a larger share for Asian-White is because only 1 side of those cultures/races are mixing. White males were involved in IR with Asians at a ratio of 80%. Basically 8 out of 10 interracial marriages involving Asians had a female partner. This leaves out the entire male Asian population whom had the LOWEST rates of Interracial mixing. So the numbers are low because only Asian females are mixing.

That is not the case with Latinos/Whites which is nearly evenly split with white husband/latino wife, white wife/latino husband, which is why the stats show a large share of unions between the groups.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
What is the point of this thread? Is there something you want non-hispanic whites to admit to you?

The point was to break down the interracial marriage stats and show it for what it really is. A latino affair, with latinos doing the mixing. Which should not be the case at all with latinos making up only 17% of the population.

61-67% of all interracial marriages in America yearly involve hispanics. WHY? my question is a why as opposed to a point. I am looking for reasons. No way should latinos be making up the lions share of IR yearly. Its impossible, UNLESS, latinos are :

1. more likely to entertain IR.
2. Everyone else is more likely to entertain IR with a latino.

Again I come back to WHY that is.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,870,197 times
Hispanic women are the white man's kryptonite.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Hispanic women are the white man's kryptonite.
They are also Hispanic mens kryptonite. Especially during their formative years of 16-28 years.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:42 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,669,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Southern California.
If you're in southern California and you don't see that white non-Hispanic culture and Hispanic, specifically Mexican-American culture, are more alike than white non-Hispanic culture and black culture or white non-Hispanic culture and Asian culture, than you must be somewhere in southern California with only blacks and Asians. (Don't know where that would be...)

Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,459,421 times
Quote:
The point was to break down the interracial marriage stats and show it for what it really is. A latino affair, with latinos doing the mixing. Which should not be the case at all with latinos making up only 17% of the population.

61-67% of all interracial marriages in America yearly involve hispanics. WHY? my question is a why as opposed to a point. I am looking for reasons. No way should latinos be making up the lions share of IR yearly. Its impossible, UNLESS, latinos are :

1. more likely to entertain IR.
2. Everyone else is more likely to entertain IR with a latino.

Again I come back to WHY that is.

But again, a marriage between a Latino and a white, a Latino and a black, and a Latino and an Asian are not necessarily "interracial," but "cross cultural."

Sometimes they're interracial, sometimes they are not.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:56 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,953,066 times
Growing up on the border, I dated a lot of Latina young women growing up.. It kinda made the Latino young men kinda upset, but I have no issue here.... Most of them were great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies