Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 01:29 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,112,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Cubans are of mixed race the way Americans are of mixed race.

Some are mixed. Some are black, some are white.

In the United States, you'll find more white Cubans.

On the Island, you'll find more mixed and black.

A source of pride for many Cubans is if they can trace back directly to Spain, and get Spanish citizenship/passports.
Most Cubans are pure white. like my grandfather on my mother's side, He can trance his lineage all the way back to galacia,Spain.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
Many blacks would like Caribbeans and Puerto Ricans to adopt their blackness, since they are mixed. But at the same time they try denying that many Mexicans,Cubans, and other latinos are white, claiming them not to be.

If Puerto Ricans should acknowledge their blackness, shouldnt Mexicans and other latinos acknowledge their European heritage?
Not all Cubans and Puerto Ricans are mixed or completely white or completely black. every person is different as as races are represented there.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:38 PM

366 posts, read 645,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
Most Cubans are pure white. like my grandfather on my mother's side, He can trance his lineage all the way back to galacia,Spain.
Out of the hundred Cubans Ive met , most were black. A few were 100% black. Some were blacker than most American blacks, with the phenotypes of African Congolese.

Ive met a few whites, but never someone mestizo. Therefore Cuba is a black, mulatto and mixed white country.

I would take the Cuban army as a good example of what Cubans are. In the pics below nearly all of them are either black or mulatto
Attached Thumbnails
Interracial unions Latinos make up the Bulk of them in the USA-cuban-army.jpg   Interracial unions Latinos make up the Bulk of them in the USA-cuban-army-2.jpg  

Old 06-21-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It's pretty simple for me. If you're white, you're white. I have never denied the Europeaness or whiteness of some Latins. If you look like Vicente Fox or Nestor Kirchner, you're white. If you look like Hugo Chavez or Ollanta Humala or Evo Morales or Alberto Fujimori or Leonel Fernandez, you're not.

I don't think anyone denies their European heritage. I have even had long conversations with black Cuban and Brazilian musicians about their respective countries' European cultural heritage. We all appreciate Europe.

I just don't like to see Latinos deny their indigenous or African roots.
Vicente fox looks light mestizo shakiria is whiter than he is.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:44 PM

63,006 posts, read 29,216,871 times
Quote:
Not on are cuensus the census that the government of Cuba does.
I thought we were talking about the U.S. census.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
From what I understand Fox is only Spanish. He has no native indian blood. Therefore he is strictly white racially.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:49 PM

366 posts, read 645,794 times
Quote:
But despite looking mestizo he is only Mexican by birth. He is full blooded Caucasian.

Vicente Fox was born in Guanajuato on July 2, 1942, the second of nine children. His father was José Luis Fox Pont, a Mexican citizen,[5] and his mother Mercedes Quesada Etxaide, was Basque from San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain. Fox's paternal grandfather was born Joseph Louis Fuchs in Cincinnati, Ohio, the son of German Catholic immigrants, Louis Fuchs and Catherina Elisabetha Flach, of Strasbourg, now in France. The "Fox" surname was changed from the German "Fuchs" during the 1870s.[6]

Old 06-21-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
I would like you to get off my thread is what I am really concerned about. You hijacked the thread and if someone brought up illegal immigration , they hijacked the thread. But your the worst offender and you do nothing besides bring up irrelevant to the conversation issues of immigration, whether whites should learn spanish in miami, which has zero to do with this topic. Just go. Start your own thread about immigration and whether you should be bilingual to get a job. Dont do it here. I dont get why the mods allow this? can we get a bounce?
You have no right to tell someone they can't post under a thread you or anyone else started. I gave you the scenario that played out and that I wasn't the one who hijacked it. I merely commented on someone else's off topic remarks. I am thinking that you just couldn't handle the truth of the off topic remarks so now you are getting irate and crying "hijack". There have been plenty of off topic remarks made under this thread besides immigration. Why aren't you bent out of shape over those also?

Old 06-21-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Isn't this off topic? Oh, it's not me doing it so I guess it's alright.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Since we are an English speaking nation and most Hispanics know how to speak English why is it required to know Spanish to get a job in Miami?
many reasons, first because the rate of immigration to Miami is so fast there is still about 45% of the population that doesn't speak English well, so if you want to do business with them you need to know Spanish. 2nd reason, Miami is where 40% of all business transactions between the USA and Latin america occurs. so anyone doing import-export or any kind of international business needs to know Spanish. 3rd, Miami is the HQ for Latin american and spanird companies doing business in the USA so once again knowing Spanish is important. 4th tourism, tourism as you know is big in S.FL and sense a large number of Miami's tourist come from Spanish speaking countries once again Spanish is important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies