Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 01:00 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
30 years ago. She wasn't famous nor 'powerful' 30 years ago. Your argument is specious.
Oh for fk's sake.

1) She's not being accused of something that happened 30 years ago or 20 years ago. She's being accused of something that happened far more recently.

2) As to her nasty-a** racist comments, these were allegedly made 20 years ago, not 30. I realize you're probably defending one of your favorite racist heroes, but adding 10 years to her cause isn't going to help her one iota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 01:48 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh for fk's sake.

1) She's not being accused of something that happened 30 years ago or 20 years ago. She's being accused of something that happened far more recently.

2) As to her nasty-a** racist comments, these were allegedly made 20 years ago, not 30. I realize you're probably defending one of your favorite racist heroes, but adding 10 years to her cause isn't going to help her one iota.
I don't think she really needs anyones defense..she's gotten more free publicity out of this thing than a billion dollars could buy and when all the BS dies down she'll still have more money than the average duck in the pond...its a non~issue brought up to get goofballs to watch junk TV like GMA etc etc..Kim Kardashian will fart in public or something very shortly and all of the idiots will turn from this and be on a rant about farts depleting the ozone layer or some other horsecrap.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:36 PM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
oh yes because a black president just magically stops racism! you deserve a scooby snack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Yes, ONLY white people can be racist.
That is not at all what L'Artiste said. Pointing out that having a black president does not equal the end of racism does not even remotely equate to saying that only white people can be racist. Talk about twisting someone's words and projecting your own issues onto someone else.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:46 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,125,448 times
http://www.atlawblog.com/wp-content/...-Complaint.pdf

Interesting read. I knew this had to be about more than just the n-word uttered decades ago for companies to drop PD like a hot potato. Paula Deen apparently did nothing to stop her brother's abusive behavior towards their employees. I would guess all these companies' legal departments were working OT to find out if there was any substance to Ms. Jackson's accusations. I would think yes based on how swiftly they severed ties with her.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
It's all kind of bizarre -- Deen gets more lambasting over using a word years ago than the hispanic football player gets for murdering a black man.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:29 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's all kind of bizarre -- Deen gets more lambasting over using a word years ago than the hispanic football player gets for murdering a black man.
The football player was arrested and charged with murder, yeah, that's worse than Paul Deen's treatment.

Talk about a bizarre and stupid thing to say.

In one single post, you managed to defend the use of the n word, slam a Hispanic, politicize and race bait a crime, and make the most moronic post of the day.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:34 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
So Paula Deen, a liberal, has managed to garner the hatred of her fellow liberals? I've heard far worse language that's been excused by people on the left used by their fellow liberals. Shoot, look at Senator Byrd - he was in the KKK - and the left defends him. So, this is curious. Why so little forgiveness? Is it her accent? Where she's from?

Old 06-29-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The football player was arrested and charged with murder, yeah, that's worse than Paul Deen's treatment.

Talk about a bizarre and stupid thing to say.

In one single post, you managed to defend the use of the n word, slam a Hispanic, politicize and race bait a crime, and make the most moronic post of the day.
You don't see the big piling on -- and he lost his endorsements more slowly. Obviously there's some political correctness at play in this.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:39 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You don't see the big piling on -- and he lost his endorsements more slowly. Obviously there's some political correctness at play in this.
he's in jail, yet you claim he got better treatment than Deen???

quit while you are ahead, in fact, if I made that post I'd delete it.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
he's in jail, yet you claim he got better treatment than Deen???

quit while you are ahead, in fact, if I made that post I'd delete it.
I'm not talking about jail, I'm talking about the rabid reporting and the pulling of endorsements.

Interesting that murder actually gets you less negative publicity than the use of a bad word years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies