Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 05:19 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you know whether or not Serino is still working for the Sanford Police Department? If so, that may influence his testimony. I too have been wondering about Serino and the female officer who interviewed Zimmerman.

As I've said, I think Zimmerman reacted in anger to being knocked down by Martin by shooting him as quickly as he could get his gun out. I think that's why people did not see Zimmerman hitting back and there were no injuries to Zimmerman's hands. He was too busying getting that gun. He didn't have time nor any interest, IMO, in trying to settle the issue; he just wanted to "win".....temper, temper. And that's my 2 cents worth. Purely speculation and purely my opinion.
George Zimmerman defense witnesses: Zimmerman's lawyers: Cops will testify for us - Orlando Sentinel

George Zimmerman Chris Serino: Attorneys for George Zimmerman depose Serino, lead SPD investigator in Trayvon Martin case - Orlando Sentinel

And your opinion is more valid than that of people who have decided to believe one of George's versions of the shooting; it isn't speculation based on lies. As others have suggested, we'll never know what was in Zimmerman's system when he shot Trayvon Martin, beyond the Adderall and temazepam, both of which have serious side effects. Somehow things that would be routine procedure, like blood work on an admitted killer, just fell by the wayside. Shoddy police work may save Zimmerman yet.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:20 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
No. If you think you are in danger you will fight. GZs hands later showed absolutely no damage. None.

The other thing is GZ is 5'8" tall, weighed 204lbs. (at that time, probably 325 today) and looking at the video reenactment he appeared to be in good physical shape. TM was 5'11' and weighed 158lbs. (some say 156). GZ was really into MMA, practiced 3 times a week. He could have handled a 17 year old kid with ease. But he didn't do anything in the way of defending himself except kill.

I dont care how big he was. He was on the ground, on his back. Martin clearly was taking advantage of the offensive position.

And if that is your case you have none. The evidence to this point, supports Zimmerman. Im sorry if that upsets you but its the truth.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:20 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Do you really think:

1) That he was smart enough to plan this all out as a way of murdering someone and getting away with it? If so, he's pretty brilliant. I mean, setting the state with the dispatch call. Then finding just the right "victim" that would both run away...but not so fast an overweight middle aged guy could still catch up with. Getting his "victim" to leave the safety of his house and come towads him on the dark path. I mean...he's really good at this stuff! Then getting the victim to cooperate by hitting him, while witnesses catch it. But not so hard that he is actually severely injured. The CIA really should get hold of him, he could teach them a thing or two about spy stuff!

2) That he had the stones to lay down on his back and let someone wail away on his face for a while before drawing a weapon?

You must see him as a whole lot smarter than many of us do.
He has not been charged with premeditated murder.

Could it be that he's just telling "half" the story? Could he be leaving out the part about getting angry and going for his gun without even attempting to strike a blow or get away? It wouldn't be so hard to tell "sort of" the story, just leaving out a few details here and there and adding just a tiny change her and there?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
George Zimmerman defense witnesses: Zimmerman's lawyers: Cops will testify for us - Orlando Sentinel

George Zimmerman Chris Serino: Attorneys for George Zimmerman depose Serino, lead SPD investigator in Trayvon Martin case - Orlando Sentinel

And your opinion is more valid than that of people who have decided to believe one of George's versions of the shooting; it isn't speculation based on lies. As others have suggested, we'll never know what was in Zimmerman's system when he shot Trayvon Martin, beyond the Adderall and temazepam, both of which have serious side effects. Somehow things that would be routine procedure, like blood work on an admitted killer, just fell by the wayside. Shoddy police work may save Zimmerman yet.
When you have no case, just blame the cops.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
He has not been charged with premeditated murder.

Could it be that he's just telling "half" the story? Could he be leaving out the part about getting angry and going for his gun without even attempting to strike a blow or get away? It wouldn't be so hard to tell "sort of" the story, just leaving out a few details here and there and adding just a tiny change her and there?
And again, that is more speculation.. No basis in fact

Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Do you really think:

1) That he was smart enough to plan this all out as a way of murdering someone and getting away with it? If so, he's pretty brilliant. I mean, setting the state with the dispatch call. Then finding just the right "victim" that would both run away...but not so fast an overweight middle aged guy could still catch up with. Getting his "victim" to leave the safety of his house and come towads him on the dark path. I mean...he's really good at this stuff! Then getting the victim to cooperate by hitting him, while witnesses catch it. But not so hard that he is actually severely injured. The CIA really should get hold of him, he could teach them a thing or two about spy stuff!

Actually I think that he was high on something and wanted to prove something that got out of hand. It really would not take much to get a scared 17 year old to swing at you in the dark/rain after you have been following him. All that you would have to do is question him with a few racial slurs and "boom" you are asking to be punched in the face. Anyone can really picture that scenario anywhere but is really easy in the deep south.

2) That he had the stones to lay down on his back and let someone wail away on his face for a while before drawing a weapon?

That is were we disagree, because looking at his injuries verses what he said happened does not add up. His face looks like it took one or two blows at most but not 25-30, hell even a small woman smacking you 25-30 times would leave more damage than that. To top that off how is it that he did not get a blow in during that whole time?

You must see him as a whole lot smarter than many of us do.
No he is not that bright, I will agree with you there.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
OMG! Not THIS again.
Yes THAT AGAIN! Z is on trial. The State has to prove ITS CASE. So far, it hasnt. It has proven more for Zimmerman than themselves.

And I believe so far, theres enough proof he was in fear for his life. Prove he wasnt. Good luck with that by the way.

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Going to the gym once in a while and playing MMA doesn't make you a fighter. Especially if the opponent is in better shape, and faster.
Even if that is the case you are still going to get at ONE blow in, and according to the autopsy there was not a mark on Trayvon stating that he was hit.

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
And what proof is there that Zimmerman was in fear for his life rather than just being really angry that someone knocked him down, or punched him and he fell down, and he REACTED out of anger, not fear?
Since it's impossible to prove an emotional state, you will never see that "proof." Just like your significant other will never have "proof" that you love him/her. Does that mean that you don't?

Quote:
So far, I haven't been convinced by the evidence that he "had reason" to be in fear for his life.
You haven't been interested in the facts of this case since the story broke oh so many months ago. You've had Zimmerman convicted in the court of your own mind since day zero. You will NEVER be convinced that it was a good shoot.

Thankfully, they don't let people like you onto juries.

Quote:
Do you think Zimmerman will have to take the witness stand and testify that he was, in fact, in fear of losing his life or of great bodily harm???
I have no idea. I'm not following the case very closely. I'm only browsing this thread because I have a little time to kill before going home for the day. What I can say with certainty is that he will not "have to" take the stand at all, if he doesn't want to.

Like I said, I'm not following the case like some of the crazy zealots posting in this thread are, but what I know about the case and the law leads me to believe that Zimmerman will be acquitted. Maybe I'm right; maybe I'm wrong. I don't know, and I really don't care. Not to the degree that so many others do.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
And again, that is more speculation.. No basis in fact
Thats the thing. These Martin supporters have nothing but speculation to go on. Are there ANY real facts that support their case? I havent heard any yet. The real shame is, they are willing to send this guy to prison for years and years off speculations and emotions, and of course their politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies