Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 05:57 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'm still wondering whether or not there has been a hearing regarding the defense opening the door to allow evidence in of zimmerman's past with that witness yesterday. There was a proffer made to the Court, after the jury was sent out of the courtroom, and I don't remember hearing the Judge rule on that issue. Then the witness was excused, SUBJECT TO RECALL, which means she may come back and testify about Zimmerman's reputation. However, if the Court does rule that evidence of Zimmerman's reputation/character can come in, it's not doing the State much good RIGHT NOW as they question these witnesses. Maybe they just want to get the records of Zimmerman's past encounters with law enforcement and the domestic violence incident in evidence so those documents can go back into the jury room with the jury when they deliberate as well as use that information in closing arguments.
Irrespective it is still the job of the prosecution to prove a crime was committed.. To this point they haven't. Still plenty of testimony and evidence to go, but the prosecution better get their A game on cause right now Zimmerman isn't goint to have to prove very much...

Old 06-28-2013, 05:58 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Maybe. Doesn't change the facts of the case, however.
That is true, but I think that it should be taken into consideration

Old 06-28-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, you heard right. The PA testified to that.
You do realize that true martial arts takes years to master and not just 3 times a week but daily for hours..Zimmerman was getting a bit of a workout but that's about it..

Old 06-28-2013, 06:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Irrespective it is still the job of the prosecution to prove a crime was committed.. To this point they haven't. Still plenty of testimony and evidence to go, but the prosecution better get their A game on cause right now Zimmerman isn't goint to have to prove very much...
If the State is allowed to present evidence to the jury of Zimmerman's past bad behavior, all of which seemed related to a propensity to "fight," that will be a big win for the State. It could then be argued that Zimmerman did shoot Martin out of temper and anger rather than self defense.

However, I agree with you that at this point the State is not doing a good job!

Old 06-28-2013, 06:09 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
What trial are you watching?
That witness articulated "Pound and Ground" with Trayvon on top very well.

That was a deal changer and damaged the prosecutors case tremendously.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You do realize that true martial arts takes years to master and not just 3 times a week but daily for hours..Zimmerman was getting a bit of a workout but that's about it..
I would assume that it would take years to become accomplished in martial arts, yes. And maybe Zimmerman was really a bad student and failed miserably. I think if he had any success in those classes the State will call someone from the classes, maybe an instructor or somebody to testify as to his skill level? I noticed in the PA's testimony that she said he had started taking those classes because, for one reason, he was falling a lot and claimed the classes had not helped him. I noticed that information because I think when Martin punched him, he lost his balance and fell backwards, which may have been very humiliating for him.......and then lots of possibilities regarding what could have happened then and what motivated Zimmerman to shoot Trayvon.

And, of course, we can look at photos of Zimmerman at the time of the shooting and look at him now, and know that he was in at least somewhat better shape then. Maybe the classes helped him lose weight and build a little muscle.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:10 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Hey, we are watching the same trial after all.

The state is losing pretty badly.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
If the State is allowed to present evidence to the jury of Zimmerman's past bad behavior, all of which seemed related to a propensity to "fight," that will be a big win for the State. It could then be argued that Zimmerman did shoot Martin out of temper and anger rather than self defense.

The problem the prosecution has with this is that of recent history, Zimmerman has been a good boy and has actually helped youth in his community. They open the door and this comes out, it kinda negates the bad behavior of the past and turns him into saint George..... They sure don't want that.. I'm not convinced the state goes after that. Anything can happen in the days ahead and this could be the prosecutions "hail mary". Unless something dramatically changes at this juncture, Zimmerman is a free man at the end of this trial...

Old 06-28-2013, 06:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
this whole thing is bull shi^
the state's star wittiness has lied so many times it is laughable
how many times did she change her story??
and I love the term
"creepy assed cracker"
yea, what a swell guy
don't see anyone being outraged over that racist comment
it is okay for black folks to use that kind of foul talk
I am sick of the whole thing

I agree with you, if she is a star witness, they need to go back to school.

She is a freaking joke tell ya the truth.

You got it right, if is fine and dandy, when a black person makes a racial comment towards a white person and is accepting by many. Lo and behold, reverse this situation, and it is now a federal crime.
There is a double standard, refute it all you want, the way it is.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
That witness articulated "Pound and Ground" with Trayvon on top very well.

That was a deal changer and damaged the prosecutors case tremendously.
THAT witness is NOT THE ONLY WITNESS to testify in this case so far. Plus the State still has more witnesses to call. There have been some witnesses who have been helpful to the State's case. And if the jury has any difficulty remembering the testimony of any witnesses, they will have the court reporter read the testimony back to the jury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies