Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 02:21 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
According to the photos I've seen the body was found very close to the "Tee", maybe 20-30 feet, or the width of a good sized living room.
A good sized couch is about 6 feet wide - so at 30' your living room is about the length of 5 couches.

Martin's body was found in the backyard of the second house from the corner.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:25 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Martin's body was found in the backyard of the second house from the corner.
Thank you Katzpaw! One thing that has been sorely missing in the trial is much clarification of actual distances.

If the Honda key chain was found right at the T, which I think that diagram is indicating, that would support Zimmerman's testimony that the altercation started at the T. That's if the Honda key chain is Zimmerman's.

I'm wondering if the black rectangles are the patios or are they under what looks like small roofs jutting out.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:27 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
One witness who lived between Brandy's condo and the T, on the same side of the path said she heard someone running left to right before she heard the altercation. That could mean one of three things. George was chasing Trayvon away from "home", Trayvon was chasing George away from his "home", or Trayvon was running toward the T to "meet up" with George.

If Trayvon were running away from George, he could easily out run him. Trayvon was younger and in much better shape. If George was intending to shoot Trayvon, in this scenario the bullet would have gone in the back. I think we can eliminate that possibility.

That only leaves two possibilities, both of which point to Trayvon as the aggressor. The altercation, for those of you that don't seem to follow the testimony, started at the T and progress southward and slightly westward, until John Good saw them in his backyard, after which they moved slightly away to the sidewalk, where he saw TM straddling GZ, moving his arms downward in MMA style.
You only have George's statement about where he was while on the phone w/ the dispatcher. You do remember hearing the car chimes, door opening....George complaining about this "thug..ass H--.... a breathless George...being asked if he was following? His confirmation that he was following, on foot....
Trayvon was walking from mailboxes....to the backside of townhomes, trying to avoid George....George could have intercepted him at the T.....easily since George would have come back to his truck that same way...or not.
We do not know the truth.....We may never know the real truth.

Last edited by JanND; 06-30-2013 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: edit text

Old 06-30-2013, 02:29 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Ryan Julison, who had previously worked as the PR guy for John Travolta. He put together a campaign of misinformation and the media bought it hook, line, and sinker. And many people on this thread still believe that PR campaign despite tons of evidence to dispute it. It's why people are shocked and frustrated at how bad the prosecution's case is.
I went to the Mother Jones link shown earlier and here are the 2 pics and the headline from that site.
No one can say there wasn't misinformation put out by the press.
Shows TM to be such an young angel.

Quote:
The latest on how a teenager armed with Skittles and iced tea got gunned down by an overeager neighborhood watch captain.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
How would she know? She was on the other end of the phone. And really, this is the same woman who says she can hear wet grass through the phone? I have to question someones level of intellect and common sense if they can believe anything she has said.
John Good also said he could hear the sound of a scuffle in the grass. I think that's what she was referring to. You would hear little brushing sounds. I think we would all recognize that sound, but it IS hard to explain.

For example, we all know the sound of a branch of leaves brushing up against a window pane in a rainstorm, but try to describe it more than that. That's what it sounds like---leaves against glass!

Old 06-30-2013, 02:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Correct,, It would be stupid for George to go against his lawyers advice or even to put himself under additional scrutiny even regardless of his guilt. Those who feel he is guilty will only continue to feel he is guilty and look for the smallest of cracks in his testimony to re-enforce their beliefs.
personally I don't know that he is guilty. I honestly believe he was afraid for his life.
All I question is his version of events.
Isn't this why we have a judicial system? Although I agree the publicity for this case has been way over-the-top, the ONLY reason it got so much attention was that a teenager was shot and his killer was set free with little or no investigation. The time spent in getting to the truth was negligible and his parents wanted an answer. When they didn't get one, they looked for an advocate to help them in their search for the truth. They didn't ask for blood, only an arrest.

Even when someone looks 100% guilty, he still deserves a trial. Another poster mentioned Michael Dunn. He left the scene and didn't even bother to call the police when he got back to his hotel after shooting several bullets into a car full of teenagers. Even he deserves a fair trial with all the evidence presented, including surveillance tapes, statements from witnesses, etc. IMO if there was any doubt that Zimmerman was truthful in his statements to the police (and there seems to be plenty) more should have been done to get statements from every witness.

So many posters say there should never have been a trial. Why not? Isn't a dead body with only the shooter's statement "probable cause?" I just wasn't sure about the 2nd degree murder charge and I always thought the media played a big role in turning this into a racial issue. I do believe, however, that had Martin been White, he would be alive today.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I went to the Mother Jones link shown earlier and here are the 2 pics and the headline from that site.

I think that is a recent picture of Trayvon. Trayvon may not have been an angel, and what teenage boy is, but that night he was not engaged in any criminal activity. He was on his way home from the store and talking on the phone to a friend.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:36 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Thank youIf the Honda key chain was found right at the T, which I think that diagram is indicating, that would support Zimmerman's testimony that the altercation started at the T. That's if the Honda key chain is Zimmerman's.
It may show the start of the encounter but it's also possible GZ dropped the keys after the altercation as he was pacing. We do know that GZ dropped his phone and asked a witness to pick it up and call his wife. Did GZ have 2 sets of car keys? His car door chimed when he got out.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Isn't this why we have a judicial system? Although I agree the publicity for this case has been way over-the-top, the ONLY reason it got so much attention was that a teenager was shot and his killer was set free with little or no investigation. The time spent in getting to the truth was negligible and his parents wanted an answer. When they didn't get one, they looked for an advocate.

Even when someone looks 100% guilty, he still deserves a trial. Another poster mentioned Michael Dunn. He left the scene and didn't even bother to call the police when he got back to his hotel after shooting several bullets into a car full of teenagers. Even he deserves a fair trial with all the evidence presented, included surveillance tapes, statements from witnesses, etc. So if there was any doubt that Zimmerman was truthful in his statements to the police (and there seems to be plenty) more should have been done to get statements from every witness.

So many posters say there should never have been a trial. I always thought there should have been a trial. I just wasn't sure about the 2nd degree murder charge and I always thought the media played a big role in turning this into a racial issue. I do believe, however, that had Martin been White, he would be alive today.

Also the town of Sanford, and the Sanford police department have a bad history of racism. I would have to look it up, but I think in 2006 a young black male was shot in the back by two guys and no one was charged.

"Sanford PD's officers have suffered a series of public missteps in recent years, according to local reporters. In 2006 two private security guards—the son of a Sanford police officer, and a volunteer for the department—killed a black teen with a single gunshot in his back. Even though they admitted to never identifying themselves, the guards were released without charges. In 2009, after an assailant allegedly attempted to rape a child in her home, the department was called to task for sitting on the suspect's fingerprints, delaying identification and pursuit of the attacker.

Perhaps the most significant incident occurred in late 2010: Justin Collison, the son of a Sanford PD lieutenant, sucker-punched a homeless black man outside a bar, and officers on the scene released Collison without charges. He eventually surrendered after video of the incident materialized online. The police chief at the time was ultimately forced into retirement. "Bottom line, we didn't do our job that night," a Police Department representative told WFTV of the incident. The TV station later learned that the Sanford patrol sergeant in charge on the night of Collison's assault, Anthony Raimondo, was also the first supervisor on the scene of Trayvon Martin's shooting death."

I think we all know that if Trayvon had shot Zimmerman to death he would have been arrested on the spot.

And Sanford is the town where Jackie Robinson was run out of town.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...rtin-explained

Old 06-30-2013, 02:37 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

How old was he in that picture? He looks to be a teen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies