Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 03:44 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
...until he attacked GZ and attempted to kill him...
Quite the presumption. If someone is perplexed as to why someone is following them because they have not identified themselves, the instinct is to protect and defend yourself and it does not necessarily take killing them to put a stop to it. We will never know if TM was aware that GZ had a gun until GZ used it, but if he did, it would make the threat of someone who was following him, for no apparent reason AND carrying a gun that much more of a threat.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:45 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Exactly, I never claimed otherwise.
If that cant be established, and does anyone at all think it can, how can a responsible jury come up with a guilty verdict? If there is no way at all to know who started the physical altercation, how do we even have a trial? We have the fact that Zimmerman has injuries, Martin did not except a gun shot. Martin didnt get show and then inflict the injuries. Zimmerman did not injure himself. Nothing Zimmerman did up until whoever punched who was illegal. So at the point that we arent ever going to know who started what physically, he did nothing illegal. Again, it is appalling that this even went to trial, let alone is a murder trial.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
People who are consistent in their positions would have to admit that Team Trayvon has spent the last year lying. So true believers can't afford to be consistent. The bar has to keep changing.
Up to and including I'm sure I read in a quote somewhere within the last few pages that Trayvon had no injuries to his hands. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Looks like someone either can't read at all or maybe just doesn't understand how to read an autopsy report.

Or is just plain lying.

You decide. I already have.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:47 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Logic says a man with a gun does not "jump" somebody...or even get to that close quarters.

Why?

Because logic says...

1 - the gun can fall on the ground

and

2 - the gun can change possession in that close quarters.

So being that a HAND TO HAND altercation DID occur...LOGIC says that Martin initiated physical aggression. Gun owners respect distance, period.

And I am sure the evidence will prove this logic correct in the end.
Too bad for you the case won't be judged on your logic, it will be judged on the evidence.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:48 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
And you have no facts to say Martin was jumped. What we do have is Zimmerman with injuries. Again, this shouldve never went to trial. Zimmerman was injured, on his back, he defended himself. That is not murder.
It's homicide no matter how you slice it and I do see how it was instigated as GZ was irresponsible and negligent in how he utilized and abused his neighborhood watch status.

Why do you and others keep repeating this utter nonsense about there should not be a trial? Do you advocate for Talban type laws in the USA? The investigation, curcumstances and testimony left enough doubt to warrant a trial...period!

Old 06-30-2013, 03:50 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
If that cant be established, and does anyone at all think it can, how can a responsible jury come up with a guilty verdict? If there is no way at all to know who started the physical altercation, how do we even have a trial? We have the fact that Zimmerman has injuries, Martin did not except a gun shot. Martin didnt get show and then inflict the injuries. Zimmerman did not injure himself. Nothing Zimmerman did up until whoever punched who was illegal. So at the point that we arent ever going to know who started what physically, he did nothing illegal. Again, it is appalling that this even went to trial, let alone is a murder trial.
The trial isn't over, are you aware of that FACT?

Old 06-30-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's homicide no matter how you slice it and I do see how it was instigated as GZ was irresponsible and negligent in how he utilized and abused his neighborhood watch status.
Its not against the law to follow someone. I, not being on a watch, can follow someone if I chose. It breaks no laws, no matter how you feel about it. Unless the State has evidence that Zimmerman was not getting beaten when he fired the shot, there is no murder case. At that point, he would be defending himself, which he has a right to. And I think its clear at this point, neither side can prove without a doubt who started the physical altercation.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
The trial isn't over, are you aware of that FACT?
Well you better hope that the State has some concrete evidence that they managed to keep secret because from everything we know, trial and otherwise, there is no concrete evidence to prove murder.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:54 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Just do like Zimmerman was advised to do - Go back to your truck.
Both witnesses, on the stand, testified that GZ could follow.

The Sanford police liaison gave training that stated it was proper and ok to follow from a safe distance.

The new HOA President was in the training class and admitted to the defense that they were in fact told it was okay to follow someone who appeared to be suspicious.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
My experience, from many hours of watching The Cold Case Files, is that before an arrest is made the state likes to have enough evidence to believe they can obtain a conviction.
Did Chief Investigator Chris Serino testify yet? Last year I read several sources that reported he said Zimmerman's statements were questionable and asked the State Attorney to charge him with manslaughter. I'm not going to look through 10 million posts (give or take a million) but I'm quite sure his testimony will be very important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies