Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 04:35 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Under the laws of Florida you don't have legal justification to attack someone just because they are following you. That's what you don't understand.
It wasn't just because Zimmerman was following him. There was also the initial verbal exchange, and since people said they heard an angry exchange, none of us know what was said during that part. For all we know at that point Zimmerman showed Trayvon he was armed. We just don't know.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:37 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I believe they went for Murder 2 because Zimmerman was following him. You may think it is legal but it may not be when the person is found dead.
It "may not" be legal if someone is found dead? Lol.

It's legal. About as unambiguously legal as it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Even if he did, I believe that Zimmerman instigated the situation. Trayvon would never have attacked Zimmerman if Zimmerman hadn't been following him. Like I've said before, if someone was following me like that, I would assume they were a mugger or a rapist.
We understand this. But what he and I are trying to explain to you is that it quite simply does not matter. Because following is perfectly legal.

Are you all really trying to justify an attack because he was being followed? Really? In what world is that a legitimate justification for a physical attack?

Quote:
It wasn't just because Zimmerman was following him. There was also the initial verbal exchange, and since people said they heard an angry exchange, none of us know what was said during that part. For all we know at that point Zimmerman showed Trayvon he was armed. We just don't know.
You're moving the goalposts.

No, we don't know, obviously.

What we do however know for a fact is that the entire rationale that GZ is at fault simply because he chose to go outside, chose not to stay in his truck, and chose to follow TM, is completely bogus.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:37 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
If Trayvon Martin had been white I don't think Zimmerman would have found him suspicious, and he wouldn't have followed him. None of this would have happened. Every complaint to the police Zimmerman made about suspicious people on the property was about black males.

Young black males are used to being objects of suspicion, people crossing to the other side of the sidewalk, stop-and-frisk etc.
What was the description of the suspects observed and reported to the police in the several burglaries in the area in the preceding months?

Old 06-30-2013, 04:38 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Even if he did, I believe that Zimmerman instigated the situation. Trayvon would never have attacked Zimmerman if Zimmerman hadn't been following him. Like I've said before, if someone was following me like that, I would assume they were a mugger or a rapist.
Finally! A TM supporter admitting TM attacked GZ, a man doing his job trying to protect his neighborhood from thugs...

Old 06-30-2013, 04:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
I had no difficulty understanding what she was saying unless she said it faintly under her breath.

A few times it seemed like West was putting words in her mouth, and I thought the prosecution should have objected.
I'm so totally unimpressed with Bernie-whatever. I think John Guy is much better. Too bad he wasn't the lead atty on this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What was the description of the suspects observed and reported to the police in the several burglaries in the area in the preceding months?
I don't know.

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
All Asian grandmothers obviously, you racist asshat.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:41 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Which grass sound?? Was it the same grass sound that Rachel heard? At the exact same time
Yes, it was the sound of wet grass. Wet was added by the neighbor...She was the one who knew the rain had persisted all day. Possibly more descriptive in her speaking manner than Janel.
I believe that is why the Cell Co CEO testimony about times of calls etc will be critical, to compare the times both heard this grass sound.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Finally! A TM supporter admitting TM attacked GZ, a man doing his job trying to protect his neighborhood from thugs...
I think there is a chance Trayvon punched Zimmerman in the nose, but again if someone was creeping up behind me on a dark night, if I was a man I might do the same thing. As a woman, I would probably pepper spray him. Trayvon had a right to defend himself against a guy who appeared to be a mugger or a rapist.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:43 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
In the dispatch tape, IIRC he said something to the effect that M approached his car and was walking around it. Not sure that he made a full circle or simply came up towards him and say did say a half circle around the car. Either would be a bit, well, odd, wouldn't you think? So after many posts by yourself and other posters...I would hope you have more than that to fall back on.
I really hesitate to go back to a question I asked over a year ago and have asked several times since, but here goes. If someone you thought was very suspicious looking and dangerous was circling your car and then began to run, why would you follow him? OTOH, if you felt comfortable enough to get out of your vehicle instead of driving away to wait for the police, why wouldn't you open the window and identify yourself?

Eariler this year, one of my neighbors was traveling down the road into the community and a neighborhood watch volunteer followed him because he thought he was driving too fast. I'm not sure if the rest is true, but the story I heard was the neighborhood watch volunteer told him to be more careful and to flash his lights when he enters (something we all do, a signal to say "hi, I live here" which is ridiculous) Supposedly, he said "You want me to flash you?" and then pulled down his pants and told the NW person to kiss his ass. Nobody got into a fight or got shot. He was reported to the HOA manager and got a letter. BFD.

People on this board and all over the web seem to think that GZ had some kind of authority. He had about as much reason to chase Trayvon Martin as the NW volunteer in my community had to stop someone because he thought his truck was going too fast. Yes, a private citizen has every right to protect his property or stop a crime in progress, but GZ wasn't doing either of these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies