Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 11:23 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
What is up with the mentality? People go crazy when a 20 something guy like me doesn't support the gay movement as if it is absolutely required for anyone under 30 to succumb to the gay influence. Like people in their 20's and under don't have a choice to make up their mind. It's like everytime the gays are handing out fliers around town, they make sure to give one to people in their 20's and below like, "you're young you MUST support us", dude get the *** out of my face. My college campus is also flooded with this too. It's like the gay movement is trying to monopolize the views of my generation by trying to create the image that resistance to the gay agenda is an "old person" thing. 20's something men and women have to be down with this, really? Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.
You most likely are heartless or a bible thumper or both.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:25 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,071,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Good luck with that. They'll find something else to march about now. Not enough gays in the officer ranks of the Army...you name it.
Or, y'know, the fact that they still can't get married in what, 35 states?

They don't really have to worry about other stuffs, homosexuals are more educated and affluent than the general population.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:25 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,849,767 times
Quote:
Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through.
Seriously? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! You make me laugh! Poor baby!

Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,205 times
Im starting to think the OP is bitter because people are happy and in love. Nobody wants to be with a bitter social conservative who blames all his failures in life on some minority group.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:30 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
Trust me, Older people like me...I am 65...know exactly what you are going through only we don't get approached anymore because we have chosen to walk away from all this CRAP. My deal with these Gay folks passing stuff out is that my whole life I have been hetrosexual..like men..always have, always will. Never in my lifetime have I passed out a flier that "touts" my preference for men or the fact that I am hetrosexual. Why do these Gay people have to blast their sexual preference all over the media, in the fliers they pass out and in the demonstrations they pull on the streets of our cities?? Ridiculous.
I don't give a RATS BEHIND who people sleep with just don't push your propaganda in anyones face.
Now, if as a young person this "agenda" bothers you..tell the gay person pushing that flier in your face to keep his "paperwork"; you are not interested in who he sleeps with and walk away. The more fuss you make the bigger the reason for them to push their agenda!!
Often times turning your back on unwanted pressure and walking away from an unwanted situation is enough to stop that particular AGENDA from being pushed. Good Luck with this. It goes on everywhere now and it just isn't right. My opinion only.
You should educate yourself.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:35 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,878,205 times
Some of you must live perfect lives if what "the gays" are doing is your biggest issue.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:37 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
[b][i][color=indigo] Never in my lifetime have I passed out a flier that "touts" my preference for men or the fact that I am hetrosexual. Why do these Gay people have to blast their sexual preference all over the media, in the fliers they pass out and in the demonstrations they pull on the streets of our cities??
My best guess is that you don't feel the need to call attention to your sexual orientation because nobody is discriminating against you based on it...

Is it really that difficult to understand that calling attention to an injustice requires bringing the basis for this injustice to light?

Old 06-27-2013, 12:22 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
If you are young - eventually you have to think for yourself...but it seems that there is a trend against individualism these days...I can't describe how the SAME the Hipsters and their progressive allies are. They look the same- they act the same- they think the same...they don't want to know- They do not want real knowledge or wisdom. These Hipster Liberal Progressives...want to avoid THINKING....as some of them said...We just want to have fun.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:33 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Quote:
Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming.
For some reason, I envisioned this in a campy musical, being sung by a flamboyant guy playing the character of a closeted gay man.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:49 PM

893 posts, read 1,207,145 times
Quote:
What is up with the mentality? People go crazy when a 20 something guy like me doesn't support the gay movement as if it is absolutely required for anyone under 30 to succumb to the gay influence. Like people in their 20's and under don't have a choice to make up their mind. It's like everytime the gays are handing out fliers around town, they make sure to give one to people in their 20's and below like, "you're young you MUST support us", dude get the *** out of my face. My college campus is also flooded with this too. It's like the gay movement is trying to monopolize the views of my generation by trying to create the image that resistance to the gay agenda is an "old person" thing. 20's something men and women have to be down with this, really? Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.

Because our generation grew up with the internet. We have always had exposure to unlimited information and knowledge, as well as a way to talk with and better understand many other cultures. Therefore, we are expected (by our peers at least) to not be ignorant bigoted racists like the majority of our parents and their generation.

And let's be honest: The only people who oppose gay marriage are ignorant bigots. Since you are expected to not be an ignorant bigot (because you grew up with the internet), you are expected to not have the same opinion as them.

Last edited by JoulesMSU; 06-27-2013 at 12:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies