Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 11:17 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Obviously she didn't have control over her OWN body or she wouldn't have ended up pregnant in the first damn place.
yeah in your world, condoms don't break, birth control never fails, and rapes never happen.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:18 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
It isn't.
Father wants the baby
Mother wants to have an abortion.
Who decides?

she doesn't want that "child" (its a fetus, but you rely on rhetoric)

A married couple. Husband wants to keep the pregnancy
Wife wants the abortion, since she's not ready to be pregnant.

Who decides?
You are arguing for abortion on demand, with the only prerequisite being convenience.

Less than 10% of all pregnancies are a result of incest, rape, or will result in birth defects or risk the life to the mother. The data suggest that there have been about 60M abortions in the last 41 years. That means over 50M abortions of convenience. Any genocidal dictator would be proud.

We should be ashamed that RvW has turned into a tool for population control.

“Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of.” -Ruth Bader Ginsburg

That's the truth!

Old 07-01-2013, 11:19 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
yeah in your world, condoms don't break, birth control never fails, and rapes never happen.
And in your world that is the only way women ever get pregnant.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You are arguing for abortion on demand, with the only prerequisite being convenience.
I'm arguing that abortion be available when needed, and done safely. that there are no restrictions that put undue burdens on women with unnecessary wait times, and medical procedures that have no bearing on a woman's decision (aka ultrasounds).

Please tell us the medical benefits to having an ultrasound done prior to an abortion?

Quote:
Less than 10% of all pregnancies are a result of incest, rape, or will result in birth defects or risk
the life to the mother.
so what? just because its only 10% does that mean we limit access to safe and legal abortions?

Quote:
We should be ashamed that RvW has turned into a tool for population control.
Roe V Wad has done nothing of the sort. The ones for population control are republicans by wanting women to remain pregnant against their will.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
And in your world that is the only way women ever get pregnant.
Wow, your post absolutely makes no sense. Can't rebut the truth can you? of course you can't.

Most women who have abortions are married and have already had a child. The second or third pregnancy are usually unplanned, or happen at a stage in the woman's life that it may put her in danger.

Are you saying that a 47 year old woman, who got pregnant by accident should keep the pregnancy even it means the fetus has a higher chance of birth defects, higher chances of difficulties during pregnancy (including death), against her will?

Old 07-01-2013, 11:31 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Ohio's Gargantuan Anti-Abortion Bill Is Anti-Doctor, Anti-Patient, and Beyond - Alexander Abad-Santos - The Atlantic Wire

Republicans, the only way to enforce their pro-life (aka anti-women) agenda, is to LIE to them about what Abortion is, what it does, and spread misinformation and long debunked and unsupported (scientifically and medically) claims.
Being anti-abortion is not being anti-woman. That's just come into fashion recently with this inane "war on women" thing. Pop quiz: are there more men or more women going to prison because they can't pay child support? See, abortion affects everyone in society.

Quote:
The best: a victim of RAPE must still get an obtrusive ultrasound, if she wants to abort a pregnancy that resulted from that rape, and forces HER against her will, to listen to a doctor as he describes the procedure, INCLUDING what they may or may not see in the ultrasound.
So what? I don't see a point there. If you're pregnant, you're pregnant. It doesn't matter how you got pregnant. Abortion isn't about the woman, it's about the fetus. Whether there was rape, or incest, or no birth control used, or failed birth control, or whatever. It doesn't really matter. The fetus is there and that's the point.

Do we treat a gunshot wound differently depending on whether it was a hunting accident or a violent assault? No.

Quote:
And i thought the republicans were against "big brother" type legislation.
You thought wrong. Small government conservatives are against big brother type legislation. Mainstream Republicans are just as bad as liberals about big government. Some people seem to have trouble distinguishing between social conservatives and constitutional/fiscal conservatives.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:32 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
What truth? Who said anything against her will. Now you think by creating individual scenarios it makes your point more valid. Your blathering now. Who is forcing this woman to have a child? You have heard or RvW haven't you?

Old 07-01-2013, 11:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
This is not about the fate of the fetus. It is about the control of the woman by some of the males in the society. They must be in charge of the fecundity of ALL women lest one of them have the indecency of aborting one of their maybe children. They go crazy at the mere thought of being rejected so thoroughly.

I am also amused by these, mostly right wing Republican, war mongers that are so willing to kill all born and mostly grown up kids of foreign males that may someday be a threat to the RWNJ's so determined to control everything and everybody for their protection. If you are so protective of human life in the form of a fetus you must also be protective of human life even if it may be an active threat.

I am not protective of a fetus any more than I am protective of the poor bastd**rds that were trying to kill me. As far as I am concerned a woman that chooses to have an abortion is protecting herself from an unwanted and threatening intruder and has every right to do so.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:20 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This is not about the fate of the fetus. It is about the control of the woman by some of the males in the society. They must be in charge of the fecundity of ALL women lest one of them have the indecency of aborting one of their maybe children. They go crazy at the mere thought of being rejected so thoroughly.

I am also amused by these, mostly right wing Republican, war mongers that are so willing to kill all born and mostly grown up kids of foreign males that may someday be a threat to the RWNJ's so determined to control everything and everybody for their protection. If you are so protective of human life in the form of a fetus you must also be protective of human life even if it may be an active threat.

I am not protective of a fetus any more than I am protective of the poor bastd**rds that were trying to kill me. As far as I am concerned a woman that chooses to have an abortion is protecting herself from an unwanted and threatening intruder and has every right to do so.
This is absolutely false. I have never heard anyone say they support abortion as a means to control women. If this was the case, why would so many women identify as pro-life? This is and has always been about saving the lives of the unborn. Claiming otherwise is simply insane.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Being anti-abortion is not being anti-woman.
Yes it is. Its about removing control of a woman over her own body.

How is that not anti-woman?

Quote:
That's just come into fashion recently with this inane "war on women" thing.
legislating reproductive rights, by taking their right to choose, is a war on women.

Quote:
Pop quiz: are there more men or more women going to prison because they can't pay child support? See, abortion affects everyone in society.
If the woman chose abortion, she wouldn't have to worry about getting child support, or giving if the father gets custody.

See, abortion doesn't affect everyone in society.

Quote:
So what? I don't see a point there.
So you are for rape victims having to carry the child of their rapist against their will? force to go through unnecessary procedures for a fetus they don't want? Listening to a doctor describe to her what is found in an ultrasound for fetus she doesn't want?

so you don't mind forcing women against their will to carry through pregnancy they don't want?

and you are here feigning ignorance that anti-abortion laws aren't anti-women.

Quote:
If you're pregnant, you're pregnant. It doesn't matter how you got pregnant.
So you are for rape victims having to carry the child of their rapist against their will? force to go through unnecessary procedures for a fetus they don't want? Listening to a doctor describe to her what is found in an ultrasound for fetus she doesn't want?

so you don't mind forcing women against their will to carry through pregnancy they don't want?

and you are here feigning ignorance that anti-abortion laws aren't anti-women.

Quote:
Abortion isn't about the woman, it's about the fetus. Whether there was rape, or incest, or no birth control used, or failed birth control, or whatever. It doesn't really matter. The fetus is there and that's the point.
Abortion will be and ALWAYS will be about the woman.

Quote:
Do we treat a gunshot wound differently depending on whether it was a hunting accident or a violent assault? No.
actually we do. If its a hunting accident, the police aren't called. If it was a violent assault, the police are called. that's who its treated differently.

Quote:
You thought wrong. Small government conservatives are against big brother type legislation.
Yet they don't mind proposing big-brother type legislation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies