Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 01:08 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No it is you who can't fathom the fact that an evil man may want to have a part in their childs life for some reason and they have a right to do that. You just want men to go away, well until some women gets by you abortion loons and has the child then you want to track em down and make em pay for it even though they weren't a part of the decision making process to begin with. The world was a much better place when nature took its course.
Of course men have the right to have a part in their child's life......once there is a child.

Who said they didn't?

Mmmm, yeah....things were so much better when nature took its course.....when a lot of women died in childbirth and half the children didn't survive to adulthood. Yep.... those were good old days.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:20 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Not according to the links you gave earlier.

Your own links state that a very small percentage, 2 out of 10 oppose legalized abortions.

You will never live to see the day abortion is outlawed in this country. Try Saudia Arabia or some other Islamic country.

Thanks for half-***ing the truth for us.

Yes, you are correct that 20% of Americans support a complete ban on all abortions without exception.

52% support legal abortion under certain circumstances (rape, incest, life of the mother, etc.), and 25% support legal abortion for any reason.

It's also important to note that the numbers looked somewhat different twelve years ago when 58% supported abortion under certain circumstances and only 15% opposed all abortions.

"Pro-Choice" Americans at Record-Low 41%

Today, only 41% of Americans call themselves pro-choice and only 38% believe the practice is morally acceptable.

Of the 52% who believe abortion should be legal under certain circumstances, the number who said abortion should be illegal in most cases outnumbered the ones who said abortion should be legal in most cases by 3 to 1.

Abortion | Gallup Historical Trends

It's not even close.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:26 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No it is you who can't fathom the fact that an evil man may want to have a part in their childs life for some reason and they have a right to do that. You just want men to go away, well until some women gets by you abortion loons and has the child then you want to track em down and make em pay for it even though they weren't a part of the decision making process to begin with. The world was a much better place when nature took its course.
Only a person with a rapist mentality will say the stuff you do. Also someone that would lace a woman's drink and take advantage of her, oh wait that is rape.

Casual sex should not lead to unplanned pregnancies but sometimes it does. I dunno, if I promised to coitus interruptus and didn't, I think the woman has every right to abort w/o my consent. Making a baby should always be a mutual decision and not a lotto. If you got lucky with a drunk girl that forgot to take her BCP that morning/evening, that does not give you any say in her decision. In all likelihood, you probably would not even know she made that decision all by herself.

I do not think any pro choice folk are condoning abortion as a birth control method and would frown on any serial abortions; but then, these cases are the least of all abortions.

You prolifers are anyway still getting your panties in a wad over 9% of all pregnancies which do not go to term. You really should look at the CDC stats and educate yourselves before trying to argue your side.
Abortion Surveillance 2009In 2009, 784,507 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC from 48 reporting areas. The abortion rate for 2009 was 15.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years and the abortion ratio was 227 abortions per 1,000 live births.
Actually these are better numbers now than when I last looked it up meaning abortions are declining. The pro lifer crap is gonna reverse any progress made. CLosing down PP clinics means less access to BC for the poor which means more folk on welfare or more abortions off the grid.

Why not focus on education and petitioning govt to make BC methods free to all? They did it here in SA and the results are less teen pregnancies, declining STDs and a reduction in abortions all while elective abortion is legal up to 20 weeks gestation.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:03 AM

545 posts, read 400,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Of course men have the right to have a part in their child's life......once there is a child.

Who said they didn't?

Mmmm, yeah....things were so much better when nature took its course.....when a lot of women died in childbirth and half the children didn't survive to adulthood. Yep.... those were good old days.
Now, I am pro-choice....but this is what gets me.

You people seem to think that the woman should to have ultimate say in whether or not the child lives and that is fine, but don't want the sole responsibility in that. Somehow when women abort their babies or fetuses or whatever they are empowered. But when a man walks away he is a deadbeat (and rightfully so).

She gets to abort his kid whether or not he wants it but if she decides to have the baby she gets to claim 2 decades of child support and more whether or not he wants it.

She gets to have ultimate power over the life of the baby when it's convenient but then turns around and scream "child support" when that is convenient.

She acts like she it the sole authority of that child but as soon she or he is born, go whining to the state and court for welfare and child support.

My body, my choice...and your wallet.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
She acts like she it the sole authority of that child but as soon she or he is born, go whining to the state and court for welfare and child support.

My body, my choice...and your wallet.
This is part of the mating process. Women are generally gonna look for men who will help care for the young as she typically cannot do it alone. It is the way society has evolved. Older cultures, the care was tribal and whether or not the man contributed other than one lone sperm, was irrelevant.

A slip up due to casual sex should not put a woman in a position where she must consult her lover, that was for mutual pleasure.

Now if there is a relationship of sorts, I am sure a woman would have already determined you as a suitable mate and would allow input. OTOH, if she is abandoned and chooses not to abort, then the father would have to contribute like you say.

The reality is that women are the ones that control relationships and I believe it to be instinct.

One would need data to see if a one night stand + pregnancy leads to either scenario. I am guessing that a one night stand, the "father" would not even be consulted wrt abortion choice. The law is pretty much in favour of women and the focus is on the resulting child not the mother or father. I suppose, the only way one could get out of a situation may be determining she is loose but then with genetic testing, your crap shoot came up double sixes.

The solution, don't ride bare back on one night stands.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:20 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Let's not forget that many, many men are just fine with the decision to abort.....and avoiding 18 years of child support.

And, let's not forget, that once a child is born....the woman has the same legal obligations for that child as the man does.

Biology precludes reproductive rights from being 50/50....100% "even Steven".

For those of you who believe.....you should take that up with your god.

If life was fair.....men would have periods, hot flashes and the ability to birth offspring. Funny....don't hear any of you guys complaining about missing out on all of that. I just hear you complaining about not getting to call all the shots.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:28 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
If she don't want to risk getting pregnant, she should not be spreading her legs. It's simple really. But why is it the "choice" crowd doesn't want any responsibility for bad choices ?
The way you freedom-hating forced birth advocates think your approval matters is bizarre.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Let's not forget that many, many men are just fine with the decision to abort.....and avoiding 18 years of child support.

And, let's not forget, that once a child is born....the woman has the same legal obligations for that child as the man does.

Biology precludes reproductive rights from being 50/50....100% "even Steven".

For those of you who believe.....you should take that up with your god.

If life was fair.....men would have periods, hot flashes and the ability to birth offspring. Funny....don't hear any of you guys complaining about missing out on all of that. I just hear you complaining about not getting to call all the shots.
Its kinda scary this mentality still exists seeing women as mere breeders. I know back when I was a teen, many girls were taken out of school at age 16ish, sent to secretarial school and expected to marry and be pregnant before her 21st birthday. Thankfully some of that has changed but a lot of the misogyny still prevails.

In all my "exploits" I always determined if the lass was on the pill before doing the "dirty deed". Most of the time they were and others would not let you near them unless you had a condom.

How hard can be to ask a question like this even in the heat of the moment? Taking a chance is just not worth it unless you know her very well and can calculate for the rhythm method. But then again, women generally do not discuss their menses with their BFs unless it is a, "No, it is that time of the month".

Old 07-02-2013, 03:37 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
This bill will save lives. Hope it gets passed.
how does it change abortion other than attept to make women have an abortion earlier? Abortions will still be legally preformed?

Old 07-02-2013, 03:39 AM

545 posts, read 400,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
This is part of the mating process. Women are generally gonna look for men who will help care for the young as she typically cannot do it alone. It is the way society has evolved. Older cultures, the care was tribal and whether or not the man contributed other than one lone sperm, was irrelevant.

A slip up due to casual sex should not put a woman in a position where she must consult her lover, that was for mutual pleasure.

Now if there is a relationship of sorts, I am sure a woman would have already determined you as a suitable mate and would allow input. OTOH, if she is abandoned and chooses not to abort, then the father would have to contribute like you say.

The reality is that women are the ones that control relationships and I believe it to be instinct.

One would need data to see if a one night stand + pregnancy leads to either scenario. I am guessing that a one night stand, the "father" would not even be consulted wrt abortion choice. The law is pretty much in favour of women and the focus is on the resulting child not the mother or father. I suppose, the only way one could get out of a situation may be determining she is loose but then with genetic testing, your crap shoot came up double sixes.

The solution, don't ride bare back on one night stands.
I don't know what pseudo-intellectual crap you are babbling about but that didn't address a single thing I said.

Moving the goalpost and changing the subject isn't gonna fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies