Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 01:20 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Ha ha hahha ha ha, coming from a man obsessed with anal sex. Tolerance is being taught so that everyone knows that not everyone is the same. Intolerance is taught at home by parents who think that others being different is wrong. Public school and school in general is preparation for life and its realities, want your kid isolated and brainwashed, put them in a religious private school. Gay people have been around forever and we are not going away, we are normal, homosexuality is a normal expression of sexual identification.

If I were to have listened to my stepdad and my mom in the 60's, I would be treating blacks, Asians and jews as inferior, undue of equal respect, always to suspect them and distrust them. But I saw way beyond their ignorance and hate, I chose to go to a public school with a large black and Asian majority with latinos right behind them. I was often the minority in many situations and I am about as white as can be, red hair, blue eyes and freckles. Most of my best friends were Latinos and Blacks and the ones I saw with the most prejudice were the white kids that went to the only Catholic school in town. When they talked to me and did not know that I grew up in a Mexian family or lived in the same neighborhood as the black kids, and this still happens to me, they would make comments like, "cannot trust those blacks/pick your race/ people, they're all the same". I have even had it from straights that do not know I am gay and say " those gay people, cannot trust them perverts, they are all child molesters, that is why I voted yes on 8". I was shocked because one was a guy that I have known for a while, younger than me by 10 years living with a woman 20 years older than me, I am 53, do the math. I felt like saying that he was someone to talk, that everyone refers of him as the paid for gigolo who cannot read or hold a job. But I left it alone, why try to educate an idiot.

Calling opposing views "intolerance" and wrapping voluntary behavior and thoughts in the civil rights banner is just a way to avoid having to defend your beliefs with logic.

Taking the debate to those without the adult ability to detect bull **** just shows how correct I am and how full of **** you are.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:26 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Calling opposing views "intolerance" and wrapping voluntary behavior and thoughts in the civil rights banner is just a way to avoid having to defend your beliefs with logic.

Taking the debate to those without the adult ability to detect bull **** just shows how correct I am and how full of **** you are.

For you to still believe that a person's sexual orientation is "voluntary behavior" means you are literally unsuited to take part in any debate on civil rights for gay people. Period.

If you can't get the basics down, your time is best spent educating yourself, rather than wasting your energy spreading breathtaking ignorance and stupidity.

Come back when you've received a proper education on the subject. Blogs don't count. Neither does your Bible or your favorite talk radio host.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
Quote:
The gay agenda is to normalize homosexuality.
You mean gays want to normalize being gay?

Excellent.

They can be their normal.... which is gay.

And all the straights can be their normal.... which is straight.

Such exciting news. Many more will be coming out of the closet now since the agenda is to be normal. Look for them at the supermarket, at baseball games, restaurants, picking up the dry cleaning after work, back-to-school night with the kids.

Why they can be as normal as YOU are!! Aren't you happy to know that??

Old 06-28-2013, 01:35 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,952,073 times
Gay, gay gay...ga gay gay gay. America is going GAY. isn't it just so fabulous. Ive been whistling show tunes since the "supremies" ruled me gay.

xoxox y'all

CJ is single and ready to mingle...

Old 06-28-2013, 01:37 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,335,720 times
Quote:
The gay agenda is to normalize homosexuality.

It is normal. Has been since the dawn of time. Just because certain people don't want to accept it, doesn't make it less so.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:43 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,959,626 times
Quote:

FTR, my interest in exposing the lies of the left is that I am raising children.

The left is using the power of the state to target children for homosexual propaganda.
I pity your children, especially if any of them happens to be gay.

Imagine being indoctrinated in a household of ignorance, hatred, and bigotry.

Poor kids!

Old 06-28-2013, 01:54 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,952,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I pity your children, especially if any of them happens to be gay.

Imagine being indoctrinated in a household of ignorance, hatred, and bigotry.

Poor kids!

Those were the bad old days when parents threw their kids out so not to be shamed by the nieghbors, the Lodge, and the parishioners at church.

Kids have back-up, support...They no longer have to live on the streets because their parents are "embarrased" idots.

Times have changed. thank god.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:58 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I find it strange that some so called "heterosexual" individuals are preoccupied with gay issues.

As a straight man I don't spend too much time thinking about issues relating to the gay community.

I find interesting that some straight individuals spend so much time and effort focusing on gays, and I was wondering what is the psychology behind this?
I don't know, but some seem to be obsessed with anal sex.
The rest support equality for all American citizens.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:59 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,959,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
I'm straight, I try not to think about the homosexuals, but they wont let me. From the legal standpoint, let them marry each other. I dont believe in it, my religious beliefs say no to it, but I'm not out there telling them no, you can't be a homosexual.

Now, they are different, they want me to believe different. They want me to change what I believe in. That, I have a problem with. Same goes with abortion, guns, or anything. I like guns. Cool. You dont, cool. I wont bother your, but you want to bother me and try to convince me that I'm wrong and get laws passed to take away or limit them. Abortion. I think its wrong. Cool. That. But, who am I to tell you what others can believe. Its choice.

I don't care if people want to be gay. Go for it if it makes y'all happy, but leave it at that. I don't want to go to my chick fil a on your "kiss ins" for you to make out while eat yummy food.
Why are you so defensive?

What makes you think people are trying to change your point of view?

Gay people aren't out to force you to like them ... they just want equal rights as tax-paying citizens - is that so difficult for you to understand???

Jewish people know there will always be anti-semites in the world.

Blacks know there will always be racists in the world.

Environmentalists know not everyone agrees with their cause.

Conservatives know liberals don't like them and liberals know conservatives don't like them.

I appreciate and respect your opinions. I do not think you are out to disrespect or hurt anyone. Stop being so defensive.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:15 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
For you to still believe that a person's sexual orientation is "voluntary behavior" means you are literally unsuited to take part in any debate on civil rights for gay people. Period.

If you can't get the basics down, your time is best spent educating yourself, rather than wasting your energy spreading breathtaking ignorance and stupidity.

Come back when you've received a proper education on the subject. Blogs don't count. Neither does your Bible or your favorite talk radio host.

Hey, Evelin Woods!

When did I say sexual orientation is the same as voluntary behavior?

Behavior is behavior, and in this case, it is most certainly voluntary.

That's why it's not a civil rights issue.

The fact that this voluntary behavior is indefensible, means you need to associate your cause with one that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies