Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 01:48 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
or self defense? if u feel threatened and cornered in the dark by a random guy stalking you

It's amazing how people justify a man stalking and shooting an unarmed innocent teenager to death, and refuse to acknowledge that at any point in the incident Trayvon too had a right to self-defense.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:49 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
or self defense? if u feel threatened and cornered in the dark by a random guy stalking you
I can stand if front of you all day long and scream at you at the top of my lungs, but if you put your hands on me then you are the one going to jail. Putting you hands on someone is never justified.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:49 PM

690 posts, read 964,323 times
if this was in reverse and a black man did this and tried to say he a nhood watch captain who was jus protecting himself and his nhood, all he would get is laughs and would never see the light of the day again after a speedy trial

Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Oh, so now Trayvon is obligated to run away, since when? He had a right to stand his ground even if some creep was stalking him.
Some guy walking around the neighborhood and observing is not "deadly force" or "assault" which would evoke SYG type actions.

LOL, how many times are you going to regurgitate this talking point?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The ME that examined Martin's body, has not yet testified. I assume you mean the knuckles of Zimmerman had abrasions?
He had no abrasions or injuries to his hands or knuckles except for a 3/4 inch scar near the bottom of his left ring finger.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I can stand if front of you all day long and scream at you at the top of my lungs, but if you put your hands on me then you are the one going to jail. Putting you hands on someone is never justified.
but what if u walk up on me like this after stalking me and i thought ur a threat and tryin to rob me or else? i should wait till u do it?
also, im pretty sure u cant stand in front of a random person and scream all day, the police will arrest you for harassment

Old 07-02-2013, 01:52 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
I can't say I have ever seen that happen. If you punch someone you go to jail for assault. If you are cornered in a dark alley or a closet then I could probably see that working, but that isn't remotely close to what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Oh, so now Trayvon is obligated to run away, since when? He had a right to stand his ground even if some creep was stalking him.
They both had a right to be there, public property and all.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:52 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
If for no other reason, Zimmerman needs to go to prison for interfering with police business. Private citizens should not feel they have the authority to play cop just because they have a weapon. What he seems to fail to realize is that while Trayvon's behavior seemed weird to him, HIS behavior seemed equally as weird to Trayvon. Life is not a Steven Seagal movie.
I guess you missed the little bit about the fact that the police weren't there.

It's so ludicrous to suggesting nobody should do nuttin' 'til the cops arrive is so silly it's not even laughable.

I guess nobody should do nuttin' to save a life, either, since that's the EMT's job.

Where does it end?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:53 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
I'm sure I'm behind because I'm watching TV, but O'Mara seems to have list it on the ME, asking about the next injury and saying the extent if injuries basically have nothing to do with the case. He seemed very hostile to her, he also implied that she is biased because of her history with the DA. His injuries were minor, period.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I guess you missed the little bit about the fact that the police weren't there.

It's so ludicrous to suggesting nobody should do nuttin' 'til the cops arrive is so silly it's not even laughable.

I guess nobody should do nuttin' to save a life, either, since that's the EMT's job.

Where does it end?
if everyone played police on the streers, itd be anarchy
its ludicrous to suggest that somebody should be the police when they are not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies