Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
A Cleveland suburb set up fake drug checkpoints to see how drivers would react, and if they reacted suspiciously then they would pull them over, and demand that they be allowed to search the car.

Fake Drug Checkpoint Causes Controversy | FOX8.com

Now I know some of course will toe the line and say "well if you haven't done anything wrong" and blah blah blah... but seriously this is some Gestapo type BS!!! Well, the only thing is that they cannot legally have "drug checkpoints" but apparently it is legal to fool the public into thinking they're real.

What say you?
I suggest that 100 people get in their cars and drive through the checkpoint then circle around and do it again over and over all day long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
They werent simply going door to door, they were removing citizens from their house at gunpoint so they could search the house without a warrant.
I see your point, but do we know all the facts here?

Is it possible a judge did issue some type of blanket warrant due to the circumstances?

We don't know if the cops came to people's doors and got the owner's permission to search their home.

Plus, they weren't randomly looking for unknown suspects....they had particular individuals they were searching for (making it completely different than stopping every car on sun interstate with no idea who might be breaking a law).

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I say, The USA is becoming a police state. It can no longer call it's self "The land of the free".
I agree.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I suggest that 100 people get in their cars and drive through the checkpoint then circle around and do it again over and over all day long.
Well that would be just wasting the time of the drivers now wouldn't it? The very same thing everyone appears to be up in arms about.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let me guess, you saw one, panicked, got pulled over, and they found something. Am I right, or am I right?

Nope! But thanks for playing.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Well that would be just wasting the time of the drivers now wouldn't it? The very same thing everyone appears to be up in arms about.
No, it would show LE that people care about their rights.

And it's not wasting time that makes this roadblock illegal.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
You cannot see the inconvenience? seriously?

As for the harassment...I have done nothing wrong, I have done nothing to even raise suspicion, yet I am forced to stop and prove my innocence to a government agent. It is unnecessary government involvement in our lives, that is the harassment aspect of it.
That is the way I see it!

Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Why exactly do you have a problem with DUI checkpoints?
It's not just DUI though. I got stopped for border patrol checks.

"Show me your papers" comes to mind.
It will get worse as the government gets more fearful of it's citizens.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
I do not drink alcohol at all, and I have huge problems with the unconstitutionality of those checkpoints.

You do not stop and inconvenience everyone while violating the 4th amendment just on the hope of catching someone driving under the influence.
It's turning into proactive law enforcement.
Everyone is guilty and you now have to prove your innocence.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not just DUI though. I got stopped for border patrol checks.

"Show me your papers" comes to mind.
It will get worse as the government gets more fearful of it's citizens.
What? You have a problem with border patrol now? Come on, you guys are all about border patrol. Now you're crying about it? I have to throw my hands up because you guys simply change your mind from situation to situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies