Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 12:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Has he been offered asylum there?

One minute, Obama's a fascist because he's convinced these countries to revoke their invitations to Snowden, then he's a clueless amateur.

I really wish you people could take a stand and stick with it.

I guess, like Hannity on immigration, your opinion on various and sundry is continually 'evolving'.
Fascism is out because we don't have a strong leader to show our devotion to.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:18 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Has he been offered asylum there?
They have held him despite administrative requests to turn a fugitive over. Oh, that's right, obama's president so they are not to be troubled, but but but if a republican president was similiarly snubbed - the leftist tools would be all over him...

Quote:
One minute, Obama's a fascist because he's convinced these countries to revoke their invitations to Snowden, then he's a clueless amateur.
Keep the infantile strawman BS going, show me where I've ever labelled obama anything like that.

There seems to be a prevalence amongst far left posters here with ad homs and other BS about anyone who disagrees with them. GROW UP, and stop making accusations you cannot defend.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:30 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
I wonder what the next 'scandal' will be. Even Obamas worst critics seem to be giving up on the old ones. I think they could have pushed the umbrellagate a little more. I think they gave up too soon on that one.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:10 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Any fair-minded and rational individual recognizes that obama is a terrible president. Zero leadership on any foreign policy issues (syria, iran, egypt, etc.) and is stumbling along from one scandal to the next.
I'm a fair-minded person and I don't come to your concusion.

As for "[z]ero leadership on any foreign policy issues," go ask Muammar Gaddafi and Osama bin Laden if they agree with your assessment.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I'm a fair-minded person and I don't come to your concusion.

As for "[z]ero leadership on any foreign policy issues," go ask Muammar Gaddafi and Osama bin Laden if they agree with your assessment.
Neither are credits to Obama.

Bin Laden's courier was found in 2002 and was tracked going back that far.
It wasn't until 2007 that they learned the courier's name.
It wasn't until 2010 that the courier went to bin Laden's compound with CIA tracking him.

It did take that long to hunt down bin Laden.
And without the work from 2002 until 2009 bin Laden would not have been found and shot in the eye.

Gaddafi was taken out for the same reason Saddam was..dropping the dollar for oil.
Only this time we learned our lesson. No more US boots on the ground because we now have a rag tag army of rebels we bankroll to do our dirty work for us along with drones.

What is going on in the ME is above and beyond a US President's "leadership".

Old 07-07-2013, 04:14 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Uh, how long was France, Italy and the UK in action before they finally dragged obama to do something? And how hard did they have to beg him to act? He led from behind, as the phrase goes - and just like with syria, has waited now two YEARS as 100,000 people have been massacred. I don't care if you voted for him or not, to claim he has shown any kind of leadership on syria is ****ing nonsense, he has sat on his hands and only after getting caught with the "chemical weapons redline" - where his very credibility was at stake - did he finally capitulate and say something.

Bin Laden was a continuation of a GWB program / effort, it was not a new spec ops team or program obama created to track him down - that operation in pakistan had been underway for years before obama even got into office. Unlike many on the right, I gave him kudos for pulling the trigger for seal team 6, but let's be realistic about who was responsible for what.

His inability to step up and drive the process on almost any foreign policy event is really, really frustrating, particularly at a time now when so many countries and issues have developed into problems, and even my more liberal friends are deeply frustrated with his lack of involvement in trying to address any of them.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:29 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
The American right wing does not realized how they have assured Obama's status in history. Not only is he the first black American president (which alone would have secured forever his reputation as a leader and groundbreaking politician), but the story if his administration will forever be portrayed in counterpoint; on one side his accomplishments, on the other the outrageous obstructionism of the Republican party. Had he accomplished nothing, history would still have forgiven him. But having accomplished as much as he has in the face of such desperate and often self destructive opposition... well he is likely to be portrayed as a miracle worker.

Understand this: Historians love good guys and bad guys. History will judge the behavior of the Republican Party during the Obama administration as reactionary, bitter, and driven fundamentally by resurgent racism.

Mark my words. This will be the verdict of history.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 07-07-2013 at 05:26 PM..

Old 07-07-2013, 04:35 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Perhaps this entire discussion would come to an end if both sides admitted that it is only a scandal when it involves a representative from the other party, certainly not when it is their guy.

This is obvious in the defense of Obama and attacks on conservatives by his followers

Some on this thread will never acknowledge it.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:44 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
The fact that Obama is being attacked by politicians from both parties as well as the liberal press for his unconscionable AP probe reduces your assertion to nonsense.

His assertion that he didn't know about the FBI's shennanigans until he read about it in the paper is yet another lie, right up there with 'if you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare' and 'my administration will be the most transparent in history', two more of a string of lies he's been coming up with week after week.

Small wonder his approval rating stands at 43% according to IBD, the lowest since he took office, and undoubtedly heading downward.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:45 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Excellent third-grade level personal attack to divert attention from the question.

You and the other obama lovers KNOW he has no foreign policy leadership abilities, and will do everything you can to deflect the spotlight away from that fact.

I know this and I'm glad to pass the knowledge on to you:

The GOP house leadership did its damnedest to try to implicate the president in all kinds of dirty dealings with accusations they cooked up and trumpeted to the public for months.

They failed. Their accusations were lies.

Maybe they'd like some salt and pepper to go with the egg on their faces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies