Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 05:50 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times

Advertisements

This Obamacare appears to be a nightmare for all. Cut out all the CEO's and private jets and just create a national healthcare insurance plan.

All you have to do is present your ID card with your SS to get treatment.

Taxes pay the way. Keep all hospitals and clinics private, competing enterprises but payment comes from national healthcare.

Fines for being overweight and smoking.

Illegals/non-citizens get treatment but the US sends a bill to whatever country they came from. If they don't pay it, the US deducts that amount from any financial aid they send them.

Seems much more simple than Obamacare and I promise you it would cost all of us half of what this nightmare HC system/non system we have going now.

Let's give people free healthcare so they can stay healthy and get to work and make America a better country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 05:51 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This Obamacare appears to be a nightmare for all. Cut out all the CEO's and private jets and just create a national healthcare insurance plan.

All you have to do is present your ID card with your SS to get treatment.

Taxes pay the way. Keep all hospitals and clinics private, competing enterprises but payment comes from national healthcare.

Fines for being overweight and smoking.

Illegals get treatment but the US sends a bill to whatever country they came from. If they don't pay it, the US deducts that amount from any financial aid they send them.

Seems much more simple than Obamacare and I promise you it would cost all of us half of what this nightmare HC system/non system we have going now.

Let's give people free healthcare so they can stay healthy and get to work and make America a better country.
Why don't we? I'll tell you why not. Because Republicans and their corporate masters spent mega-millions fighting any form of plan to help the uninsured, and they would NEVER EVER EVER have allowed a plan to come even close to being non-profit.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:52 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times
Why not a public option, like they do with schools.

You want private insurance, buy it, you want public insurance, buy it.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:53 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
I agree. I would have just expanded all US citizens to have a Medicare card, regardless of income or wealth. Every country that has some form of government provided universal healthcare sees super huge drops in private insurance premiums. Contrary to what the peanut gallery is going to come up with in the next couple minutes, government can and DOES create competition

Old 07-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post

You'll have someone come along any minute now with the predictable "Mah! How are we gonna pay for it? Mah!" Easy, TAX WALL STREET.Make them pay through the nose for their destructive derivatives and robotrading garbage

Old 07-03-2013, 05:57 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,764,557 times
Would we not then have to make med school free? Those bills are pretty high and I don't think docs on gov payroll could meet the costs.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post

I believe it was Biden's idea to give each citizen a health plan with a $15,000 annual deductible so we could buy private plans to cover that first 15K and the rest would be picked up by the US Gov (tragic disease, accident ect).

But that alone would slash the cost of healthcare I would think.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Make all citizens eligible for Medicare upon birth and divert some of the bloated defense budget to cover the cost. It is long past time that our taxes were used to help American citizens instead of wasting it killing people in foreign countries and padding the pockets of defense contractors.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Would we not then have to make med school free? Those bills are pretty high and I don't think docs on gov payroll could meet the costs.
I don't see why? Docs would still be employees of private clinics and hospitals.

The would be like road construction companies. They work for ABC Paving, but the money comes from the DOT.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Make all citizens eligible for Medicare upon birth and divert some of the bloated defense budget to cover the cost. It is long past time that our taxes were used to help American citizens instead of wasting it killing people in foreign countries and padding the pockets of defense contractors.
So much of the people's money would be freed up because they wouldn't have to pay outrageous amounts for treatment and premiums that it would boost the economy. Just like with businesses, you need to spend some money in order to make money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies