Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 06:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You would think the prosecution could have had their pick of law students to assist them, but maybe the government is not allowed to use interns, whereas I think defense is.
Don't think interns could have done much significant work for the State. There is attorney-client-privilege to think about. Don't know if the Jacksonville State Attorneys uses interns. However, I think there were plenty of employees of the State Attys Office who could have helped them. Some attorneys do not want to delegate certain tasks because they think only they can do that. In my work, attorneys have no problems at all with my going out to interview witnesses and help prep witnesses for trials and hearings. I don't think that is the way they use investigators in the State Attorney's Offices.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:38 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Agreed! The above is evidence itself of a "depraved mind" if you ask me.

Me, too! Despite what others have posted about wanting someone like GZ in their neighborhood, I don't want someone running around my space shooting people, even if they do think the shootee is up to no good. In one of the other threads last year, I noted that my daughter used to live with us and would use her cell phone to illuminate the garage door opener keypad in the dark. Does that not look suspicious to someone who is paranoid and a wannabee cop? She'd be dead if GZ lived here!

I don't believe what someone posted a little earlier this afternoon, either, that in the next neighborhood over, "everyone knows everyone" and they can recognize strangers. Many of these units are rentals, in fact, GZ was renting. Rentals usually have higher turnover than owner-occupied homes.

But, but, but. . . Zimmerman claims he didn't know Trayvon was even dead! Wouldn't he continue to ask for help in that case?
Unless your daughter decided to sucker-punch GZ, she should be fine. TM would have been fine as well.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:38 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Frank Taaffe has said a lot of things. Just by looking through his tweets and other statements, like "“I think he had fed-up issues. He was mad as hell and wasn't going to take it anymore,” Taaffe said of Zimmerman.

Trayvon Martin's Shooter Defended By Fellow Neighborhood Watch Captain | NBC 6 South Florida

Now I cannot and will not judge George Zimmerman according to what I think of Frank Taaffe. He's a very mean and angry person, one that seems to have some of the violent problems that George did in the past. But anyone that has seen or heard Frank's statements knows he goes far above and beyond simple common sense of profiling. He's plain and simply a racist. The fact that it was his house this crime scene occurred so near. I would have called him as a witness myself, probably a hostile one.

It's not hard to judge Frank Taaffe, he's been all over TV and talk shows since shortly after this happened.

Just so I know: I have never heard where Frank was that night, no who was in charge of the Neighborhood watch that night. I hate missing information, and it does stick out as a loose end or two.
Being that I live in a mud hut in the Everglades without a TV I have never heard about this guy till you posted that link. I'm kinda sitting here mouth open. Am I wrong that he contradict himself, or was it a poor job of content editing. Anyway it's no wonder no one called him "yet". He's a loon.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:40 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Being that I live in a mud hut in the Everglades without a TV I have never heard about this guy till you posted that link. I'm kinda sitting here mouth open. Am I wrong that he contradict himself, or was it a poor job of content editing. Anyway it's no wonder no one called him "yet". He's a loon.

He's a complete moron who's trying to wring every nanosecond out of his 15 minutes.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Unless your daughter decided to sucker-punch GZ, she should be fine. TM would have been fine as well.

Probably the best evidence of all that Martin started the physical fight is the injury to Zimmerman's face. That has all the markings of a man who got sucker punched.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:45 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The jury will decide who punched who first, all we have so far is Zimmies word which ain't worth crap.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:45 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Don't feel bad. I still don't know who he is. Was he a witness?

Old 07-06-2013, 06:47 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
The jury will decide who punched who first, all we have so far is Zimmies word which ain't worth crap.
No, we have clear photographic evidence of the end result of a sucker punch. The fat lady is singing.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:52 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
The prosecution has presented no EVIDENCE that Martin was ever punched. So...as to who punched first, seems pretty obvious to a thinking person.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:53 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
This is a Murder 2 case. Do you really think the case presented so far meets that high bar? If so, why.

And yes, I firmly believe Zimmerman is a liar.
Don't know if they have proven 2nd degree. We'll see.

If you firmly believe Zimmerman is a liar, why do you believe him when he said he shot Martin because he was in fear for his life, when he clearly has a good motive for lying and there was no one around to actually hear anything Martin may have said? Why do you think he added that little part about Martin said "You're going to die tonight"??? IMO, he knew that the injuries were not quite enough. He needed that unprovable statement he claims Martin made about "You're going to die tonight," which I would have thought was the stupidest lie he told, but some seem to believe that too. It's so "bad-movie"...TV "bad movie" dialogue. Those are little things he thought he needed to claim self defense, and we now know, based on the testimony of the guy who taught Zimmerman at Seminole State College that Zimmerman had been well instructed regarding "self defense" and was an A student in that class.

And as many have said, manslaughter is an option in terms of conviction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies