Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 03:31 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,038,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Over a year ago a distinguished law professor, a bona fide liberal who is most noted for his work with death row inmates wrote this article:

George Zimmerman Will Never Be Convicted of Murdering Trayvon Martin - The Daily Beast

Nothing has really changed in the last year.

From that link:
He was wrong about the case never going to the jury!

Old 07-06-2013, 03:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,997,531 times
He was perhaps prepared to defend himself in case but not necessary decided as happens in such cases. The jury will decide

Old 07-06-2013, 03:33 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,669,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
In this case, I do not find those "investigators" to be very credible. Again, that opinion is based on my belief that there's "institutional racism" in the law enforcement offices in Sanford. I believe Serino had to "change" his story if he wanted to keep his job after this case is over and the dust settled. In fact, he did get demoted even though he claims it was a lateral movement. And there's a reason lie detector tests are not admissible in court.
Also, I read that the Sanford Police Department handles only about 3 or 4 homicides a year.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times
I don't disagree with Savage, but the charges don't fit what Zimmerman did. 1 thing is for certain is that the prosecution has failed to make their case. Zimmerman is a liar and his word is deeply in doubt, that said there remains reasonable doubt. If I were on the jury at this point I would not convict.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:35 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'd only be repeating the answer given many times to why gz would stop screaming when the shot was fired.

otoh, I haven't yet heard a plausible scenario for how it could be tm yelling for that long.
If TM were on top of George trying to stop George from pulling his gun and shooting him, why would you think he wouldn't be screaming for help that entire time??? That seems absolutely elementary to me, you're trying to stop someone from shooting you, so you scream for HELP to get someone else to help you stop him too.

Try repeating your answer one more time about why GZ would stop screaming. I don't remember what you said.

1,111 posts, read 1,737,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
just because you see it that way doesn't mean the jury will. It hasn't been proven either way.
Well first off the state is all done, finished. 99% chance that MOM will not call anyone that could hurt his case. At this point he really doesn't even have to make a case. The state has proved absolutely nothing.

Something that caught my attention; When Nelson asked them if they wanted to go home just a little after 5PM EDT they all said no, we want to hear the defense. Not a good sign for the state if folks don't want to go home after a long day, and want to hear what Zim's mom and Uncle had to say before leaving for the weekend. Bernie and Nelson didn't looked very pleased. That said;

As I have said, probably hung jury. Which is the safest rout for the jury.(thinking personal safety, as there has been multiple death threats by some all over the net)

I really doubt that there are six idiots on the jury, and it only takes one.

9,827 posts, read 6,949,847 times
I have heard Mr. Savage on several occassions... I would like to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth... I could retire in luxury..

Old 07-06-2013, 03:36 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,220,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He was perhaps prepared to defend himself in case but not necessary decided as happens in such cases. The jury will decide
When you approach someone, it's not defense.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:44 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,271,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Well first off the state is all done, finished. 99% chance that MOM will not call anyone that could hurt his case. At this point he really doesn't even have to make a case. The state has proved absolutely nothing.

Something that caught my attention; When Nelson asked them if they wanted to go home just a little after 5PM EDT they all said no, we want to hear the defense. Not a good sign for the state if folks don't want to go home after a long day, and want to hear what Zim's mom and Uncle had to say before leaving for the weekend. Bernie and Nelson didn't looked very pleased. That said;

As I have said, probably hung jury. Which is the safest rout for the jury.(thinking personal safety, as there has been multiple death threats by some all over the net)

I really doubt that there are six idiots on the jury, and it only takes one.
They actually said they wanted to get more work done. I don't blame them...The defense supposedly has over 200 witnesses listed...Gonna be a long sequester.
Just like the defense turned some of the witnesses around during their cross, prosecution gets the same opportunity. The trial is not even close to over.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:48 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,346,052 times
I don't normally listen to Savage but, he does have a point. I have always believe that a gun makes some people brave and judging from the number of calls to the police that zimmerman made in the past without approaching those "suscipious individuals" I bet that he was not packing his cheap pistol either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies