Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 09:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,951,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
No I haven't, as I don't commit crimes, but what's that got to do with it? Zimmerman's either guilty or he's not. In reading your writings, it's not about justice, it's about winning even if lets a murderer back out on the streets. Personally, I feel Zimmerman's a pathological liar with no remorse. If that's the case, & Zimmerman walks, this isn't the last we'll be hearing from him.
Is he on trial for being a pathological liar or for having no remorse? I have been charged and tried of a crime... I was innocent. Trust me, you don't want to take the stand.. Lawyers will try their best to turn you into a liar by twisting what you say to mean something you don't mean.. The best lawyers are damn good at it..

Old 07-05-2013, 09:44 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,932,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Many of us who've been watching the trial disagree with you.

Have you watched the live stream or just caught the followup slanted news ?

Most likely he has been snorting crack and mellowing out.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:45 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,038,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I heard that Martin's girlfriend Jeandell apparently wrote a letter about what happened and then admitted that she didn't even know how to read it. I also heard the prosecution screwed up by allowing the ME to bring in his notes.

There was no point in having Martin's mother testify. We all know she will say it was Martin screaming for help. But the defense hurt itself by even questioning her. I also heard that the judge refused to let the defense even express concern for her loss. Even the liberal CNN defense expert said she had never seen a judge refuse to let the defense attorney treat the witness like a human being. The bias against the defense in this case is unprecedented.
Maybe it's a good thing O'Mara wasn't allowed to express his concern for their loss, he said "we APOLOGIZE for your loss" - why would he apologize if Zimmy is innocent?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:45 PM

957 posts, read 760,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I heard that Martin's girlfriend Jeandell apparently wrote a letter about what happened and then admitted that she didn't even know how to read it. I also heard the prosecution screwed up by allowing the ME to bring in his notes.

There was no point in having Martin's mother testify. We all know she will say it was Martin screaming for help. But the defense hurt itself by even questioning her. I also heard that the judge refused to let the defense even express concern for her loss. Even the liberal CNN defense expert said she had never seen a judge refuse to let the defense attorney treat the witness like a human being. The bias against the defense in this case is unprecedented.
We also know that Zimmerman's mother would say that it was Zimmerman screaming, your point? The prosecution objected to O'Mara expressing his condolences, the judge sustained the objection. George Zimmerman also expressed his condolences at an earlier court appearance & even told the Martins that he didn't realize Trayvon was a young as he was & thought he was closer to his (Zimmerman's) age. This after telling the 911 dispatcher that he thought Trayvon was in his late teens,,,whoooops, another lie by Zimmerman. He certainly has trouble keeping his stories straight. It's no wonder the defense doesn't want him to take the stand.
As for Trayvon's friend Jeandell, she's not able to read cursive. Somebody had written the letter for her.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,932,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Maybe it's a good thing O'Mara wasn't allowed to express his concern for their loss, he said "we APOLOGIZE for your loss" - why would he apologize if Zimmy is innocent?
Possibly because even if you are not guilty of a crime your actions helped lead up to the death of Martin? Now, will the state apologize for trying to railroad Z? Will they apologize to Florida taxpayers for this trial? Or is O'Mara, and his client, the better man.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:49 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,348,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yeah...okay...says you...
That was an interesting article. I really don't know if zimmerman had any racial intent, but I wonder about the police dept. If the Trayvon was white would they had put a little more effort in finding out the truth? We all know if zimmerman had been black he would have been in jail, regardless of anything that he would have said.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,628,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
We also know that Zimmerman's mother would say that it was Zimmerman screaming, your point? The prosecution objected to O'Mara expressing his condolences, the judge sustained the objection. George Zimmerman also expressed his condolences at an earlier court appearance & even told the Martins that he didn't realize Trayvon was a young as he was & thought he was closer to his (Zimmerman's) age. This after telling the 911 dispatcher that he thought Trayvon was in his late teens,,,whoooops, another lie by Zimmerman. He certainly has trouble keeping his stories straight. It's no wonder the defense doesn't want him to take the stand.
As for Trayvon's friend Jeandell, she's not able to read cursive. Somebody had written the letter for her.
Of course Zimmerman's parents will say the same thing, which is why both witnesses are pointless. And, as many experts have pointed out, judges and prosecutors never stop the opposing counsel from expressing condolences. This is trial is a state-biased circus.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,571,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
That is funny. I am thinking Z will retire from neighborhood watching.
I think if he isn't convicted no one would want him on their neighborhood watch.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:53 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,951,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That was an interesting article. I really don't know if zimmerman had any racial intent, but I wonder about the police dept. If the Trayvon was white would they had put a little more effort in finding out the truth? We all know if zimmerman had been black he would have been in jail, regardless of anything that he would have said.
But if Zimmerman were white would he have gone to jail at all??

Old 07-05-2013, 09:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,571,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually, I think the fact she prosecuted the case, even if she lost, might have helped her get votes if the state's case had not turned into a total embarrassment. The only question left is how long the jury will pretend to deliberate before the not guilty verdict.

Only a racist could support a guilty verdict now.
Don't forget that this is FL and any thing can happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies