Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 11:58 AM

310 posts, read 256,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Thats the point the GZ supporters refuse to acknowledge. They will say It isn't against the law to follow people.
I am not a Zimmerman "supporter", but didn't Martin have enough time to get home without Zimmerman knowing when he had lost him?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:59 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Zimmerman's mountain of lies and inconsistencies pretty much satisfy that burden on its own. He also did a great job of humanizing Trayvon, which was crucial. Guy essentially took the concept of self-defense from Zimmerman and applied it directly to the victim where it belonged.
I agree with you about the lies. GZ told a good many of them. That said I also believe 1 thing and pretty much only 1 thing that GZ has said. He was afraid for his life. I don't believe that he started the night out with the intent to shoot anyone. I believe he meant to show what a good watch captain he was and show the police he was one of them. It spiraled out of control the minute he came face to face with Martin. Who hit who first or touched who first we really don't know. Maybe GZ made a rude remark and TM punched him for it. WE don't know. Maybe TM made a creepy cracker remark and GZ used a racist rebuttal. We don't know.
I do believe that GZ was afraid for his life. Snitches tend to be very scared people at heart.
I don't believe he was badly beaten, he was barely roughed up. Some people scare easy. Never been in battle and never faced a beat down. They freeze. GZ appears to have frozen for the most part. At some point he remembered he had a gun and used it. I believe out of fear for his life.
Nothing noble or brave just scared.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:00 PM

17,373 posts, read 14,622,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker30 View Post
I am not a Zimmerman "supporter", but didn't Martin have enough time to get home without Zimmerman knowing when he had lost him?
Yes.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
Quote:
we dont know what TM was thinking. He might have thought GZ knew where he was at or would see where he was if he moved.
I think back to when I was a kid. My friends and I throwing snow balls at cars. We would get chased. Even if we lost the car owner we didn't go home in fear he would see us if we moved from our hide.
As some have pointed out GZ never should have left his vehicle. At one point he had 4 minutes to get back to his vehicle. Its a 2 way street here. Both had the same options and both declined those options.

3,216 posts, read 2,084,019 times
Quote:
Over 4 minutes to go less than 500 feet.

16,235 posts, read 25,207,078 times
Good tactic by defense leaving up those cut outs.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:03 PM

5,338 posts, read 4,425,953 times
Please move to new thread
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies