Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 02:26 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,498,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Regarding the Zimmerman trial.. It seems at this point the prosecution is grasping at straws and trying to get something to stick. The media has whipped this unfortuate and tragic instance into a frenzy pitting black against brown which somehow has turned into a black vs white issue. Even president Obama got involved when he said that Trevon could have been his son. The powers that be fear that if Zimmerman gets off on all charges that there will be riots in the streets. There has already been cases of black on white violence as revenge for Trevon.
I believe that Zimmerman will be found guilty of something in hopes that his sacrifice will deter riots and more violence. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
In the words of a fallen "idol" to many, Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along"

No, Zimmerman is not being railroaded.

He is being prosecuted. And justly so. He's a racist rent a cop who shot a teenage boy.

I hope they throw the book at him.

If another effed up Florida jury ( think Casey Anthony) lets a killer go free I am seriously going to question the weather justice can ever be exacted in the Sunshine State.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:31 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
You're messing with us right? You quote an abused black man in the same post where you are dismissing an abused black man. And then you make vague assumptions about what the black community has done or will do. It's all an amusing game to you I guess.
He misquoted an abused black man.

Can We All Just Get Along? For The Kids & Old People? RODNEY KING SPEAKS! - YouTube

Old 07-11-2013, 03:45 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,252,603 times
I haven't raptly followed this case, but I don't think it is as clear cut as everyone makes it, on either side. It appears we know that Zimmerman made some bad choices along the way, and that Z shot Martin, but then it gets unclear, I think. It's not illegal to be dumb, and it appears what we do know is that Z was dumb that night...but to go to jail for 25 years for being dumb isn't right. I'm not sure one way or another though how the shooting actually occured. Was Z getting the %^&* kicked out of him? Was Z intent on shooting Martin? I have no idea.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:23 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,324,858 times
Personally, I think GZ was on top first and then TM ended up on top. I think this would explain the cuts on the back of his head. The reason why TM wouldn't have cuts on the back of his head from fighting is because TM has hair. GZ got scared because TM was on top and shot him. GZ looks like a "creepy as cracka" to me...

At the end of the day TM has parents and siblings that miss him. A parent should never have to bury a child. That is something that we're supposed to do in our 40s, 50s, and 60s (depending on your parent's age when you were born).

Old 07-11-2013, 04:29 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
I haven't raptly followed this case, but I don't think it is as clear cut as everyone makes it, on either side. It appears we know that Zimmerman made some bad choices along the way, and that Z shot Martin, but then it gets unclear, I think. It's not illegal to be dumb, and it appears what we do know is that Z was dumb that night...but to go to jail for 25 years for being dumb isn't right. I'm not sure one way or another though how the shooting actually occured. Was Z getting the %^&* kicked out of him? Was Z intent on shooting Martin? I have no idea.
If your "dumbness" evinced a reckless disregard for human life, then yes, you deserve to go to jail. Drunk drivers are dumb. And they kill lots of people every year. And they deserve to go to jail.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:38 PM

17,326 posts, read 22,073,418 times
I hate the fact the media has clung to the "age 13 Trayvon pics" and not something more current and maybe post his last few days facebook quotes to give people an idea of what he grew up to be.....fact is Trayvon was a thug, nothing like Obama's son would be.

Zimmerman was a wannabe cop, he tried to be the tough guy and Trayvon gave him a beating. He then shot/killed him. Trayvon brought his fists to a gun fight and lost.

If this was black on black crime it wouldn't have been reported out side the Orlando area. Hispanic on Hispanic it wouldn't have even been reported. Trayvon's parents collected a million dollars from the HOA's insurance and still lost their son. No winners here.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:18 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
1. Not listening to the dispatcher is not a crime.
2. Following a suspicious person in your neighborhood from your vehicle is not a crime
3. Getting out of your vehicle in your own neighborhood is not a crime
4. Carrying a gun with permit is not a crime
5. Getting your head beaten into the concrete by a 17 year old high school football player high on drugs is not a crime
6. Defending your life from such an attack is not a crime

He's being railroaded.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Zimmerman should have thought of all that before he provoked a confrontation with an unarmed teen and then killed him.
Zimmerman didn't provoke a confrontation. He was watching the kid to see where he was going and then lost sight of him, then Trayvon Martin jumped out and attacked him. Zimmerman defended himself. Trayvon Martin probably didn't think Zimmerman was armed. Guess he should have thought of that.

I am so sick of people who have not actually watched the trial get on this and other boards and spout what they have heard the media say, WHICH IS CONTRARY TO THE EVIDENCE.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:21 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Zimmy should have listened to the dispatcher on the phone when he was told "we dont need you to do that". He railroaded himself when he injected himself into a situation and fataly shot an unarmed person.
If you actually listened to the testimony, you would know he did listen to the dispatcher. He said "okay" when the dispatcher told him they didn't need him to follow and he went instead to see what the cross streets were. The dispatcher also asked him to let them know if TM did anything else, but GZ had lost visual contact at that point. Then TM jumped out of nowhere and attacked GZ. He shot TM in self defense. Perfectly reasonable.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:21 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,136,731 times
I can see it now~ GZ is aquitted. Every stalker in Florida goes after his victim ~ and as soon as the victim even looks at him BAM ~ " I feared for my life, so I shot him (her).

As far as I'm concerned GZ lost his "stand your ground when he stopped standing his ground and started stalking. TM was well within his rights to confront, fight, or shoot GZ. Reverse stopped when he started stalking TM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies