Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 05:34 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,308,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal198 View Post
I really question why you would refer to TM as a thug? By definition a thug is a criminal. TM did not have any record to support your claim, however, GZ does...
To a couple of things you said,

1)A head injury doesn't necessarily mean you have a concussion

2)If Trayvon was as scared as defenders make him out to be, why didn't he book it home, it was an 80 yard run. Also could have called 911 on his cell

3)I think the other poster called him a thug based on getting suspended 3 times from school, and 1 of those times included Martin getting caught with a bag of women's Jewelry and a screwdriver. I believe he also was marked absent 53 times from Sept. to his death.That's why the family attorneys moved quick to close his school records after these things came out

Also, his text messages talked about him getting into fights, trying to "share a 380" gun, having a screenname called "no limit n***a, and according to either his twitter or text, one of his friends mentioned how Trayvon had recently swing on a busdriver.

No I dont know about you, but to me, a lot of that easily spells out "THUG". He wasn't headed to the Vatican.

Morally, ZImmerman should've stayed in his truck, but by law. Getting out of your truck and keeping an eye on somebody is not a crime. The crime technically started after Trayvon attacked and broke Zimmermans nose

Old 07-12-2013, 05:40 PM

267 posts, read 579,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post

2)If Trayvon was as scared as defenders make him out to be, why didn't he book it home, it was an 80 yard run. Also could have called 911 on his cell

Didn't Zimmerman say he was running? Even Rachel said that when she testified and said he claimed "He thought he had lost him"

3)I think the other poster called him a thug based on getting suspended 3 times from school, and 1 of those times included Martin getting caught with a bag of women's Jewelry and a screwdriver. I believe he also was marked absent 53 times from Sept. to his death.That's why the family attorneys moved quick to close his school records after these things came out
How do you know who the jewelry belonged to? He wasn't arrested for it.

Also, his text messages talked about him getting into fights, trying to "share a 380" gun, having a screenname called "no limit n***a, and according to either his twitter or text, one of his friends mentioned how Trayvon had recently swing on a busdriver.

No I dont know about you, but to me, a lot of that easily spells out "THUG". He wasn't headed to the Vatican.

Morally, ZImmerman should've stayed in his truck, but by law. Getting out of your truck and keeping an eye on somebody is not a crime. The crime technically started after Trayvon attacked and broke Zimmermans nose
SO TM can't have a gun but GZ can?
GZ actually was arrested for beating a woman...his wife, but she dropped charges
I just posted that GZ was arrested for assault and battery

Having a screen name, skipping school, and smoking weed does not make you violent...first of all he is a kid, they do stupid things all the time

TM does not have any sort of record for theft or burglary

...Having a documented history of beating someone does. Where's GZ's thug title?

Old 07-12-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post

I said his injuries would have been worse if it was TRULY POUNDED into the ground as he described. Even the forensic doctor they testified stated that.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:45 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,786 times
This whole case is just irritating. Those wanting to make this a racial issue blame Zimmerman. Those that are unbiased and logical see there is no right answer but due to lack of evidence Zimmerman will be acquited. And the other side that is heartless say Zimmerman was right, even though the severity of the beating can be questionable and is interpretive to the victim at the time (Zimmerman).

I'm in the middle. This has nothing to do with race. Zimmermans statement of "these *******s aways get away" can simply be these kids walking around, he says nothing about race. Martin is the only one that used a racial slur calling Zimmerman a cracker. If actual events are as Zimmerman says, and Martin attacked him, Zim was right to use his gun if he was getting beat.

Getting out to be vigilant and seeing what someone is doing is legal, and just being a good neighbor. Face it, more people should be pro-active against crime.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:47 PM

71 posts, read 145,908 times
"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." Starting from that comment by POTUS, the justice system was turned inside out for this trial on many, many different levels.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:54 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Personally, I think GZ was on top first and then TM ended up on top. I think this would explain the cuts on the back of his head. The reason why TM wouldn't have cuts on the back of his head from fighting is because TM has hair. GZ got scared because TM was on top and shot him. GZ looks like a "creepy as cracka" to me...

At the end of the day TM has parents and siblings that miss him. A parent should never have to bury a child. That is something that we're supposed to do in our 40s, 50s, and 60s (depending on your parent's age when you were born).

Zimmerman has hair on the back of his head too.

and your quoted comment is racist and illogical considering he's Hispanic.

and btw, there are no cracke-rs in America since everybody alive today was born after 1865, stop blaming someone born in 1972 for your problems.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
This whole case is just irritating. Those wanting to make this a racial issue blame Zimmerman. Those that are unbiased and logical see there is no right answer but due to lack of evidence Zimmerman will be acquited. And the other side that is heartless say Zimmerman was right, even though the severity of the beating can be questionable and is interpretive to the victim at the time (Zimmerman).

I'm in the middle. This has nothing to do with race. Zimmermans statement of "these *******s aways get away" can simply be these kids walking around, he says nothing about race. Martin is the only one that used a racial slur calling Zimmerman a cracker. If actual events are as Zimmerman says, and Martin attacked him, Zim was right to use his gun if he was getting beat.

Getting out to be vigilant and seeing what someone is doing is legal, and just being a good neighbor. Face it, more people should be pro-active against crime.
I agree. I cannot wait for this case to end. I think the bottom line is being overlooked here. A young man lost his life. He would probably be on summer break right now, or maybe just have graduated from high school. Instead he is 6 feet underground. No matter the verdict, the Martin family will still lose, their son is forever gone and nothing will ever change that. It's just sad all around. If GZ didn't have that gun that night, they both would've probably have forgotten all about the incident by now but instead two lives have been changed forever.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:57 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Zimmerman didn't provoke a confrontation. He was watching the kid to see where he was going and then lost sight of him, then Trayvon Martin jumped out and attacked him. Zimmerman defended himself. Trayvon Martin probably didn't think Zimmerman was armed. Guess he should have thought of that.

I am so sick of people who have not actually watched the trial get on this and other boards and spout what they have heard the media say, WHICH IS CONTRARY TO THE EVIDENCE.
So, where is the "evidence" that Trayvon "jumped out and attacked" Zimmerman?

Because Zimmerman said so?

Because other than Zimmerman's word, which doesn't carry much, if any, credibility, no one knows who made the first physical contact.

So.......in answer to the OP's question: Nope. Zimmerman is not being railroaded. He was involved in a violent altercation which resulted in the death of an unarmed teenager. There are a lot of questions as to his motives, why he made the choices he did that night, and who initially assaulted who, and he needed to be brought to trial.

It is now in the hands of the jury. And, while I admit that I will be terribly disappointed if they cut him loose, it is what it is, that is the way our system works, I will accept it, and my life will pretty much go on, as it has for the last 58 years.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:57 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
I've had worse "injuries" after trimming bushes and vines. I believe that after murdering Martin, zimmy broke his own nose and scraped his head. He's that sort of person.
you can think whatever you want, but prove it. Thats what all of this comes down to, there is simply lack of proof that things transpired any other way than what Zimmermans word is, whether it be truth or fiction.

But the race baiters KNOW the answer, they don't care about fair trials that we are granted in the US. They made their decision to crucify Zimmerman one way or another, and that's what I have a problem with.

PS - plenty of people have had worse injuries, but I wouldn't let my fate be in someones hand and wait till its severe enough to cause brain damage to hope to do something. Someone messes with me and my health due to no fault of my own, I'll go with the most effective and powerful method I have to get away.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:59 PM

774 posts, read 1,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I read Sheena12's post and noted that she called Trayvon a child because he was just seventeen. It reminded me of the two British men, James Kouzaris 24 & James Cooper 25 who were shot to death by a sixteen year old African American called Shawn Tyson in Sarasota Florida 2011.

Before killing them Tyson said "if you aint got no money- I got something for you ass" he then executed both men in cold blood. Later on he bragged to his friend. that he had "capped two crackers". No members of the African American community went on to the streets to condemn these killings.
More to the point, no white people took to the streets either. Because killings of white people by black people don't matter in this country. If anyone wishes to take issue with that statement, first look up how many white people have been killed by black people in this country over the past 50 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleonidas View Post
I think the verdict will be justifiable homicide and I think the wheels are going to come off for a while after that.
The judge is deciding what verdicts she will accept, and that (so far) is not one of them afaik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
This whole case is just irritating. Those wanting to make this a racial issue blame Zimmerman.
You have just indicted the entire mass media in the U.S. Not that I disagree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
I've had worse "injuries" after trimming bushes and vines. I believe that after murdering Martin, zimmy broke his own nose and scraped his head.
Wow, just wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies