Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 08:11 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,308,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73IsAnIdiot View Post
Hey ********, why don't you stop with the dumb acronyms.... they make you look like a little child

Obviously, you want to kick and scream like a little girl because other people are much more knowledgeable on a subject than you...... but if you just listened you might learn something
I can't do nothing but laugh. Iamme73IsAnIdiot, you might be comedy gold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 08:16 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,617,318 times
Quote:
You do know that she is black...... right? You ignorant F.ucktard

Try listening to people who know what they are talking about before you run your mouth and look stupid...... like you always do

Bye bye.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:22 PM

29,629 posts, read 16,616,922 times
Quote:
You do know that she is black...... right? You ignorant F.ucktard

Try listening to people who know what they are talking about before you run your mouth and look stupid...... like you always do
isnt your name illegal, by forum terms that is.

Also, yes, we all know she claims to be black.

I say claims simply because her comments see to be derogatory towards black people.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:27 PM

29,629 posts, read 16,616,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
That is something that, in all honestly, I have noticed from many blacks. Going on and on about racism, slavery etc and never actually doing anything to pick themselves up. I have seen black guys in the ghetto with a crack pipe in one hand, a forty ounce in the other, screaming about how "the white man is keeping him back"

I suppose the "black experience" is the experience of blaming what happened to one's ancestors two hundred years ago as opposed to taking a big tall glass of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

If that is the case, than many suburban and professional blacks don't share the "black experience" neither, and neither do African immigrants. Hence, the "black experience" is really nothing more than "the experience of certain losers who happen to be black and not the experience of blacks who do something with themselves."
So if you have been racially profiled and listen to rap music then you are a loser ? That is what you called the black experience in your OP.

Are you really saying that no black person who has done something with their life has been discriminated against ?

Allen West, is that you ????

Old 08-07-2013, 09:31 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,684,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
isnt your name illegal, by forum terms that is.

Also, yes, we all know she claims to be black.

I say claims simply because her comments see to be derogatory towards black people.
I am reminded of another post in another thread.

"A 49 yr. old man living in a basement can become a curious 13 yr old girl on the internet."

In many cases one can feel they are throwing pearls before swine.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:56 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,482,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Dubois would'nt be "Black" in most places except maybe the US of 50 years ago.
Dubois was darker than me. He'd be considered black in the US at all times. Have you seen a picture of him?

Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,992,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Right about what in 1953 and in 2013 not so much? That most biracial people with one black parent are considered black by American society?
First you say I am wrong, then at the end you say I am right that in America they'd be pegged as black.

So which is it?

Please point me to any change in how biracial people with one black parent are cast in movies or tv shows or anything.

Do they play biracial people or are they considered black?

Here's Vin Diesel in "Saving Private Ryan," depicting an Italian-American soldier:

Saving Private Ryan (2/7) Movie CLIP - Sniper in the Tower (1998) HD - YouTube

And I have yet to see a full black person play a mixed person in any movie...they did it in Roots and even back then people were like "Ah, Chicken George looks more African than Kunta Kente".

And movie casts are a VERY BAD INDICATOR of what people are perceived as. I posted several links to polls and data showing that mixed people are not taken as either black or white by American society, but people refuse to see facts and instead make appeals to emotions.

Quote:
Where are the biracial politicians? Where are the biracial neighborhoods? Where are the historically biracial universities? They don't exist because biracial as a separate racial category doesn't exist in the context of American society.
First, "historically" in America, thanks to the now dead one drop rule, blacks and mixed were lumped together. Everywhere else on Earth, that was not the case. The Pardo of Brazil have a different culture than Afro-Brazilians, the Basters are their own people in Namibia, the Creole are not black, the Coloureds of South Africa have their own people and own experience etc. Only in America did the "one drop rule" established by dead white supremacy, make that history not happen. But, in the year 2013, we are starting to see America fall more in line with the rest of the planet.

Census: More people identify as mixed race – In America - CNN.com Blogs

And Obozzo is mixed...he suffers from extreme self-hatred of his white side, but he's still mixed and Africans don't consider him black.

"As I imagined myself following Malcolm X’s call, one line in his book stayed me. He spoke of his wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged. I knew that, for Malcolm, that wish would never be incidental. I knew as well that traveling down the road to self-respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction. I was left to wonder what else I would be severing if and when I left my mother at some uncharted border." Source: Dreams from My Father, by Barack Obama, p. 80 Aug 1, 1996
I want it to be known, that in general I reject the whole idea of racial categorizations.

Quote:
These categorizations were not chosen by all groups of people. These categorizations were enforced are enforced onto mostly non white people in America and much of the world by a system of white supremacy.
Were, were and were. Past tense. This is the present we are talking about. 2,000 years ago, the Celts and the Jews were enslaved and forced to lick my ancestor's sandals clean...do they still lament the fact that their ancestors licked Roman sandals? No, they understand that times have changed. Blacks should do the same.

People of African descent now share no one experience, anymore than French, English and Spanish all share the same experience as victims of Rome.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:06 AM

Quote:
The fact that most biracial people with one black parent are considered black in America is American history, and America's current reality.

You are simple minded. Those fictional black people in a fictional neighborhood just like all Americans are washed in the same racial nonsense as the rest of the nation. They'll identify people racially the same as the rest of America.

But for some reason that's where your focus stops. On those fictional black people.

You ignore the white supremacy and the white racial identity which are the core reasons these racial categories exist.

You ignore the rampant racial hierarchy that you yourself says exists. Are black people responsible for the racial hierarchy that you says places their race at the bottom? If what black people thought mattered in terms of racial categorizations, then black people wouldn't be rated at the bottom of the racial hierarchy that you says exists.

Yes, people that looked like Slash were considered and treated as black people in America. You need to read some history. And it didn't matter how they saw themselves or how black people saw them. American society defined them as black.

So, you go on and on about the past, but have nothing to say about the present. In the present, mixed is not black. In the present, African immigrants have next to nothing in common with American blacks. In the present, suburban blacks have nothing in common with ghetto blacks. This is THE PRESENT.

The French and the Belgiumese are two different people...but to my ancestors? They considered them all Gaulish barbarians. Roman society considered them all Gauls. It didn't matter how they say themselves, Roman and hence European society defined them as all Gauls. So...are you saying that the French and the Belgiumese should not consider themselves as separate people today?

If your answer is no, than why should African immigrants, suburban blacks, ghetto blacks and mixed people all go by equally outdated standards?

So, you say the French and the Belgiumese should have it one way but Americans of African descent shouldn't have it the same way? THAT'S Racist!

Old 08-08-2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:

If you want to get rid of a biracial black person being considered just black then you attack the foundation of racial identity which is white supremacy.
So, I guess the mixed race people being oppressed by the black dominated South African government is also "white supremacy"

Quote:
So you reject the reality of the multiracial and biracial heritage of most black American's?

Again you are doing the same thing that you accuse others of doing. You won't accept black people who have multiracial or biracial ancestry claiming their own identity, which is the very thing you are complaining about, but you don't see it do you.
All say it again: the rest of the world goes by phenotype, not genotype. You can say you're whatever you want, but if you look it, you're it. Just as Rebecca Hall is white despite having a little black blood from way back Wesley Snipes is black despite maybe having white blood from way back. At the same time, Slash is mixed because he looks mixed.

I say the same thing to the blonde haired, blue eyed guy who insist "he's Native American" And it's always Cherokee....

Quote:

You are so confused on this issue. You do realize that this very thinking that you are endorsing is the main reason why most biracial people with one black parent are considered black? LOLOLOLOLOL. You support the very racial categorization that you claim to be against. SMH.
Mulattoes don't look back. Again, does Slash look black? Everyone knows it. I have yet to see a black person be mistaken for an Arab or a South Asian.

Quote:
You have no credibility. And no reason to be upset with those black people identifying you as black, since you do the same thing. You just admitted that you deny the multiracial/biracial ancestries of black people and their right to claim that identity because they look black to you.
And if Rebecca Hall tried to tell me or anyone else she was mixed, she would get laughed at. Let's just be real: black people and mixed people look different. Rule of thumb: if you've never been mistaken for another group that you have no ancestors in common with (other than cavemen) and/or people ask you "ah, what are you?", you're not mixed.

Quote:
Again, you aren't interested in progress at all, you support the same old racial nonsense.
You're the one saying everybody with a deep tan is black. I am saying this: THERE IS NO REAL BLACK EXPERIENCE! Successful blacks have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON with Tyrone Hightower in jail for selling crack and with three babies by three women. You are the one pushing that racist "brotha and sista's" identity politics line.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:17 AM

Quote:

If you want to get rid of a biracial black person being considered just black then you attack the foundation of racial identity which is white supremacy.
So, I guess the mixed race people being oppressed by the black dominated South African government is also "white supremacy"

Quote:
So you reject the reality of the multiracial and biracial heritage of most black American's?

Again you are doing the same thing that you accuse others of doing. You won't accept black people who have multiracial or biracial ancestry claiming their own identity, which is the very thing you are complaining about, but you don't see it do you.
All say it again: the rest of the world goes by phenotype, not genotype. You can say you're whatever you want, but if you look it, you're it. Just as Rebecca Hall is white despite having a little black blood from way back Wesley Snipes is black despite maybe having white blood from way back. At the same time, Slash is mixed because he looks mixed.

I say the same thing to the blonde haired, blue eyed guy who insist "he's Native American" And it's always Cherokee....

Quote:

You are so confused on this issue. You do realize that this very thinking that you are endorsing is the main reason why most biracial people with one black parent are considered black? LOLOLOLOLOL. You support the very racial categorization that you claim to be against. SMH.
Mulattoes don't look back. Again, does Slash look black? Everyone knows it. I have yet to see a black person be mistaken for an Arab or a South Asian.

Quote:
You have no credibility. And no reason to be upset with those black people identifying you as black, since you do the same thing. You just admitted that you deny the multiracial/biracial ancestries of black people and their right to claim that identity because they look black to you.
And if Rebecca Hall tried to tell me or anyone else she was mixed, she would get laughed at. Let's just be real: black people and mixed people look different. Rule of thumb: if you've never been mistaken for another group that you have no ancestors in common with (other than cavemen) and/or people ask you "ah, what are you?", you're not mixed.

Quote:
Again, you aren't interested in progress at all, you support the same old racial nonsense.
You're the one saying everybody with a deep tan is black and has the same experience.

I am saying this: THERE IS NO REAL BLACK EXPERIENCE! Successful blacks have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN COMMON with Tyrone Hightower in jail for selling crack and with three babies by three women. You are the one pushing that racist "brotha and sista's" identity politics line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies