Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 10:35 AM

998 posts, read 1,215,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
If he was looking into windows, it was probably the same way anyone at night walking around does that, if that is their inclination. He wasn't a burglar! Why do you keep trying to criminalize him? He was on the phone. He was busy. He went to the store. He had a purpose. There is absolutely nothing to indicate he was scoping out places to rob. It's a fantasy.
Then why did police investigators find a "Slim Jim" burglary tool in the bush where TM hid?

Regular people don't walk next to houses peering into windows. Hundreds of people a day walk past my house & no one does that. They occasionally cut through a yard, but never near a house or stare at a house. They keep on movin-on.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:37 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
From someone who says GZ attacked TM, I'll take your question with a grain of salt. The key word in my statement was "might". Get a life!
I never said Zimmerman attacked Trayvon. At least not that I can recall. Would you mind pointing out where I said that? And if not found, apologizing for your baseless accusation?

And I'm not surprised you completely ignored my questions regarding Zimmerman's past. So typical.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:37 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
That doesn't mean he didn't assault the police officer.

Trayvon was found with jewelry, the police did not determine that the jewelry was stolen. That doesn't stop Zimmerman supporters from calling the jewelry stolen and labeling Trayvon a thief.

Again with the double standards....
It was later determined to be a part of the jewelry described as being stolen from a house less than a mile from Trayvon's school.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:38 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Again you lie & obfuscate the facts. GZ did not racial profile TM. TM was walking next to houses & starring at them. He was not walking down the street, sidewalk or walkway. TM was looking about, not ahead towards the home he was staying. Rachel Jeantel said under oath that he was not heading home before he saw GZ watching him nor after he lost GZ. She was one of the defense best witness.
Ok, I'm not going to keep arguing this one point. Trayvon was on the phone. Initially he may have been in no rush to return home, he may have wanted to continue to stroll around the complex for as long as he wanted to enjoy talking to Rachel. He was under no obligation to rush home, he had the right to stroll around the complex for as long as he wanted. There is no evidence, not even Zimmerman's testimony, that Trayvon was going right up to homes and looking in their windows.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:39 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleonidas View Post
If you are willing to sacrifice a little bit of time and put forth a little bit of effort, all of the pertinent laws of Florida are available online for your review and the ENTIRE trial proceedings are available on YouTube.

I urge you and anyone else who has the same or a similar outlook on the outcome of this trial to watch the proceedings in their entirety and determine for yourself if the prosecutions case, in light of the evidence presented and working within the laws of the state of Florida, warranted any other verdict than "Justifiable Homicide". Regardless of what you may have read or seen on television, if you can conclude that Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter or murder within the corners of the evidence and the law, then you may not be what the court considers "a reasonable person".
I cannot, in good conscious, sit on a jury in judgment of others. It doesn't sit well with me to do so and thankfully I haven't been called for jury duty yet. So I agree with your assessment that in terms of a court of law I am now "a reasonable person".

That and I have a personal bias against the legal and justice system anyway, so I wouldn't be an effective juror whatsoever.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:40 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Then why did police investigators find a "Slim Jim" burglary tool in the bush where TM hid?

Regular people don't walk next to houses peering into windows. Hundreds of people a day walk past my house & no one does that. They occasionally cut through a yard, but never near a house or stare at a house. They keep on movin-on.
They found a piece of a window frame or awning nowhere near the area where the altercation occurred. It was not a burglary tool. It had nothing to do with this case.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Again, WHAT was Zimmerman doing in that 4 minutes? Why didn't he make it back to his car? Sounds like he had a 4 minute head start.
The 4 minutes begins when tm began to run. GZ was still on the phone with dispatch. He doesn't have a blank 4 minutes. TM , scared and frightened, could have made it back to 7-11 for more Skittles in that time.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:42 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
It was later determined to be a part of the jewelry described as being stolen from a house less than a mile from Trayvon's school.
Yes the jewelry was stolen AND he had burglary tools along with the jewelry in his backpack.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-18-2013, 10:42 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
GZ was on the still on the phone & looking for the address for a couple minutes after he lost TM. TM was setting up an ambush as soon as GZ hung up with police. TM's girlfriend could hear GZ talking in the background a couple minutes before the TM attacked GZ. That proves TM was stalking GZ or laying in wait near GZ to ambush him when he hung up.
Are you kidding me? Unless he's mentally retarded, how long does it take to find a street sign *in your own neighborhood*? And wouldn't it be more effective to find such a sign in the safety of your car instead of distracted on the phone (while a suspicious person lurks in the area).

If Trayvon ambushed Zimmerman why did he ask why Zimmerman was following him? Wouldn't that suggest there was a "following" that happened? An ambush would suggest an immediate physical attack; woudln't making that statement ruin his element of surprise? And who the heck plans an ambush while on a cellphone (where you are easily distracted and not able to fully listen to the sounds of your environment)?

BTW, you suggest that Trayvon waited for Zimmerman to end his call to ambush him. That is a ludicrous statement. I guess you're at least saying that Trayvon was nice in his ambush.

Last edited by ChocLot; 07-18-2013 at 11:08 AM..

Old 07-18-2013, 10:43 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,514,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I cannot, in good conscious, sit on a jury in judgment of others. It doesn't sit well with me to do so and thankfully I haven't been called for jury duty yet. So I agree with your assessment that in terms of a court of law I am now "a reasonable person".

That and I have a personal bias against the legal and justice system anyway, so I wouldn't be an effective juror whatsoever.
If you don't want to serve on a jury, all you have to do is recite the above in the courtroom on the day of your summons. You'll never be selected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies