Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 10:48 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Hi IBGINNIE. Since you're here I think it's time to go get lunch.

For the rest of you, who I have enjoyed talking to, let me leave you with the thoughts of a liberal blogger on the Martin trial and King Obama's comments:

Quote:
I am very disappointed that the President has chosen to endorse those who have turned a case of assault and self-defense into a referendum on race and civil rights. And that he is using it to support those with an agenda of restricting gun rights.

The President, like so many others, refuses to acknowledge that George Zimmerman had no avenue of retreat from the beating Martin was inflicting on him. Zimmerman would have prevailed on self-defense without a stand your ground law. The only additional element a stand your ground law adds to traditional self-defense is the elimination of a duty to retreat if one is available.
Link: Obama Addresses George Zimmerman Verdict - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

See everyone in about 8 hours.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:51 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,523,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Hi IBGINNIE. Since you're here I think it's time to go get lunch.

For the rest of you, who I have enjoyed talking to, let me leave you with the thoughts of a liberal blogger on the Martin trial and King Obama's comments:

Link: Obama Addresses George Zimmerman Verdict - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

See everyone in about 8 hours.
The point is SYG empowers a guy like Zimmerman who wouldn't have the courage to confront someone without being armed. He proved that as he was getting beat up by a teenager. You don't have to agree with that opinion but you could at least understand the point that is trying to be made.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:27 AM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
"Trayvon Martin could have been me" ???

Was Obama repeatedly suspended from school because of violent behavior, beating up people?
We're burglary tools found in Obama's school locker???
Was Obama suspended for drug use???
Did Obama casually use racist talk such as, "crazy ass cracker?"

Old 07-20-2013, 11:28 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
The point is SYG empowers a guy like Zimmerman who wouldn't have the courage to confront someone without being armed. He proved that as he was getting beat up by a teenager. You don't have to agree with that opinion but you could at least understand the point that is trying to be made.
Zimmerman did not confront Martin.

He called the cops and kept an eye on the kid.

The confrontation began when Martin assaulted Zimmerman, said "You are going to die tonight", and pounded Zimmerman's head into the pavement.

All Martin had to do was walk(or run if he was fearful) the 70 yards to his home and all would be well.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

The confrontation began when Martin assaulted Zimmerman, said "You are going to die tonight", and pounded Zimmerman's head into the pavement.
Yes according to Zimmerman the liar.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:30 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:

Don't believe everything Zimmie says.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Don't believe everything Zimmie says.
Harrier believes the jury who heard all testimony, reviewed the evidence, and deliberated before rendering a verdict of NOT GUILTY.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yes according to Zimmerman the liar.
Prove that George Zimmerman is lying.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:35 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,523,507 times
Quote:

All Martin had to do was walk(or run if he was fearful) the 70 yards to his home and all would be well.
Without his gun propping up his courage he probably would have stayed in his car.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:35 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
I'm still wondering why Conservatives are taking GZ word as gospel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies