Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 08:11 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,401,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
He is a butthole and if given half a chance I would like to put my foot so far up his butt that his tongus taste like shoe leather
That's pretty hostile. Maybe even mean.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,351,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
That's pretty hostile. Maybe even mean.
I always believe that: " don't ask about something that you really don't want know the answer to"

Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,672,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You cannot talk to people like this, they are not able to see or understand this was put up as a racist crime from the very git-go, hence the altered tape. Also, they are unable to figure out that GZ was investigated by the DOJ for hate crimes (or something like that) prior to this, and they found NOTHING.

The only thing people like this hear are: They called him black....that's it, even when the altered tapes were figured out....the race game was on and GZ's life has changed for ever.
GZ's life has changed forever not because of the actions of others, but because of his own actions. He is still responsible for what he did.

Just because he was found not-guilty by a jury doesn't mean he didn't kill Trayvon Martin; it's not like it erases the death and brings Trayvon back to life and everything's just fine now. It's still an irreversible tragedy.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:40 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,351,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
I know you didn't speak to me, but I once lost a cousin and my best friend due to almost identical circumstances. He was a toughie, or so he thought, and got shot trying to prove something. Dead, age 19.

No charges were filed against the shooter. It was self defense and everyone with an IQ over 2 knew it.

IQs have certainly fallen since then.
I will bet dimes to a doughnut that your situation was different than this one was. There are too many inconsistancies in zimmerman's tale, the police inactions inregards to a investigation and the inept prosecution in regards to this case is what really pisses me off and I doubt that your cousin's case had these many things happen all at once.

If you noticed that I have not mention anything about race, since to me the things that I mentioned carried more weight than just the fact of a fat wannabe cop following a possibly wannabe thug

Old 07-26-2013, 08:48 PM

78,734 posts, read 60,939,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
GZ's life has changed forever not because of the actions of others, but because of his own actions. He is still responsible for what he did.

Just because he was found not-guilty by a jury doesn't mean he didn't kill Trayvon Martin; it's not like it erases the death and brings Trayvon back to life and everything's just fine now. It's still an irreversible tragedy.
Absolutely.

Now contemplate how we have had people calling the jurors racist. How we have had people calling those of us that thought Zimmerman would be found innocent due to presentable evidence racist.....even though some of us thought he was at fault to varying extents.

THEN contemplate on Daniel Adkins, whose black killer took 3months to bring charges against for FAR more egregious circumstances than TM vs. Zimmerman....yet I have to read about the "racism" behind TM and Zimmerman?

I'm done. I'm sick and tired of hearing cries of racism at every turn. Is it real? yes. Does it happen? yes. Is it racism every time someone gets a ticket? gets shot by a white person? gets the wrong order at a restaurant or bad service? No.

Most of us are respectful individuals, regardless of our pigmenations or 1/4 this or 1/8 that or 1/2 something else. We should not allow the actions of morons to be indictments of those of us that are 7/8 white or 5/8 causcasian etc.

However, I have to hear sweeping statements about "our" perceptions because our pigmentation is white.

Sometimes, people are morons and do bad things regardless of the victims pigment.....it's not always racism....and no, I don't automatically think racist thoughts because of my pigmentation.....you pack of flaming racist race baiters....

Last edited by Mathguy; 07-26-2013 at 08:59 PM..

Old 07-26-2013, 08:59 PM

545 posts, read 452,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Absolutely.

Now contemplate how we have had people calling the jurors racist. How we have had people calling those of us that thought Zimmerman would be found innocent due to presentable evidence racist.....even though some of us thought he was at fault to varying extents.

THEN contemplate on Daniel Adkins, whose black killer took 3months to bring charges against for FAR more egregious circumstances than TM vs. Zimmerman....yet I have to read about the "racism" behind TM and Zimmerman?

I'm done. I'm sick and tired of hearing cries of racism at every turn. Is it real? yes. Does it happen? yes. Is it racism every time someone gets a ticket? gets shot by a white person? gets the wrong order at a restaurant or bad service? No.

Most of us are respectful individuals, regardless of our pigmenations or 1/4 this or 1/8 that or 1/2 something else. We should not allow the actions of morons to be indictments of those of us that are 7/8 white or 5/8 causcasian etc.
My math shows the only thing to contemplate is a story which explains the idea in calling wolf. The nation wide nonsense perpetrated by the media was nothing more then an invitation to self explain reality in the interior mind-set, and it was bought hook line and sinker. The voice has lost its power rest assured in time. Plus immigration will flood it out . The racial complaint has lost its credibility and, exactly at the most needed time, financial chaos.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

Just because George shot Trayvon, doesn't men Trayvon would have stopped beating on him. Everyone knows George shot Trayvon, George said he did. He is responsible for what he did, so is Trayvon. My guess is that if George was dead from a fractured skull, you'd be much happier. Think about that. How would you feel about Trayvon then?

Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I always believe that: " don't ask about something that you really don't want know the answer to"
I already know the answers to what I ask. Your projection is no surprise to me at all. Doesn't impact me in the least, I expect it. I'm pretty comfortable with my feelings regarding life and death, compassion, empathy, and what's right. I never equate any of those feelings or belief with race, politics or ideology.

Can you say the same?

Old 07-26-2013, 10:03 PM

32,153 posts, read 15,160,461 times
Janelle, I blame the state of Florida for televising the trial. This would have been a non issue for the rest of the country. No trial should be televised in my opinion.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:20 PM

545 posts, read 452,791 times
It was all dramatized intentionally knowing what would happen.

Last edited by macpherson; 07-26-2013 at 11:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies