Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 06:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
can you carry a gun into a Bank? or School? Can you carry you firearm into the AR statehouse, or into a Arkansas court room?

As long as I don't pull it out unless my life, or some other individuals life, is in immediate threat, that a lethal weapon is required to eliminate the threat to life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 09:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,040,088 times
Left-wing gun-grabbers should love this.

Their boy Clinton was from Arky!

Oh- wait.

Guns scare liberals.

They want to ban them because they are scary and they can kill people(note - this doesn't apply to gun murders that take place in Chicago).

Besides - keeping and bearing firearms is constitutionally protected and the left doesn't like that particular section of the constitution.

Maybe the Arkansas connection doesn't mean much after all.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:00 PM

27,179 posts, read 15,359,752 times
Freedom still lives somewhere!

Old 07-18-2013, 11:07 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,342,496 times
I'm not a huge gun nut. I don't even own one currently, but I believe citizens should have the right to own guns.

I'm too exhausted to look up stats right now, but I suspect that gun-related crime and homicide rates are lower in these states (Arkansas, Alaska, Wyoming, Arizona and Vermont) than they are in a lot of others. Of course for the most part these places don't have huge urban-decay metro areas (Phoenix, Arizona might be the biggest) and that might be one factor.

I've lived in Wyoming and Arizona and don't remember a lot of gun fatalities or anything in the news, etc.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:10 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,342,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Guns scare liberals...
I wouldn't classify myself as a total liberal but I do hold a lot of views that are traditionally considered liberal I suppose.

Personaly I have no problem with guns or with citizens owning them. I've been a gun-owner multiple times in my life. I enjoy shooting.

I have many friends you could definitely call hardcore liberals who believe in the right to bear arms and who own guns themselves.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:14 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,920,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
As long as I don't pull it out unless my life, or some other individuals life, is in immediate threat, that a lethal weapon is required to eliminate the threat to life.
Wrong.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:20 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,953,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Well considering you can't do that in most States, probably not.
Why not? Arkansas state house or court house are public places, Are not conservatives telling everyone that Lawmakers should live with the same laws they pass on the gerenal public?

Why would there be a restriction on carring a fiream in a public place? Seems like a restiction of the 2nd Amendment.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
.....really? you are really going to ask such moronic questions?
Yes...explain why my question is moronic.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:26 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Why not? Arkansas state house or court house are public places, Are not conservatives telling everyone that Lawmakers should live with the same laws they pass on the gerenal public?

Why would there be a restriction on carring a fiream in a public place? Seems like a restiction of the 2nd Amendment.
Believe it or not there are laws, and self respecting gun owners will respect the law. Because you say they are public, they are still governmental, and why would you want someone to be able to carry when going to court?

Are you saying you would want people to be able to carry into a court house and kill the person before going to trial?

It's not restriction, it's common sense....

Old 07-19-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Believe it or not there are laws, and self respecting gun owners will respect the law. Because you say they are public, they are still governmental, and why would you want someone to be able to carry when going to court?

Are you saying you would want people to be able to carry into a court house and kill the person before going to trial?

It's not restriction, it's common sense....
You presume everyone that carries a gun into court is going to shoot someone. Why shouldn't that same logic extend to the public street? It's ok to shoot someone on a public street but not a court room?

If gun owners can live with common sense laws resticting gun usage, then why all adulation of the Arkansas Law?

One would gather that this law totally restores a gun owners right to use his firearm in any maner in which he chooses...

Thank you for pointing out that this law does not do that. There are still permits and restrictions on gun ownership and usage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies