Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:45 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

It comes down to imbeciles and fools getting suckered into racial division. But the effort is largely a failure even if its pushed at the highest level by our current administration and by the dregs of the news media and social and cultural personages.
We have no reason to fear or hate each other or anybody. Well, apart from our current government and their puppet master overlords.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:52 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
I wonder if the animals will call for his head?

Old 07-19-2013, 06:53 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Where has he been? Black community leaders are the most outspoken against black on black violence. Over the past 25 years, countless movies, books, rallies, and song collaborations have been made to address black on black crime. Most recently community leaders and citizens held a "300 man march" that quickly exceeded initial expectations by more than double. Of course, when you point stuff like this out, you are usually met with cynicism (too little too late, 300 men isn't worth reporting, they need to focus on their homes instead of marching, etc.) by the same folks who complain about the lack of community responses like this in the first place. People are only going to see what they want to see. They aren't interested in addressing black on black violence, they are interested in deflecting.
well obviously the efforts are not helping. Maybe new efforts are necessary?

Old 07-19-2013, 07:04 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
well obviously the efforts are not helping. Maybe new efforts are necessary?
The Trayvon Martin Killing and the Myth of Black-on-Black Crime - The Daily Beast

Quote:
Overall, figures from a variety of institutions—including the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Justice Statistics—show that among black youth, rates of robbery and serious property offenses are at their lowest rates in 40 years, as are rates of violent crime and victimization. And while it’s true that young black men are a disproportionate share of the nation’s murder victims, it’s hard to disentangle this from the stew of hyper-segregation (often a result of deliberate policies), entrenched poverty, and nonexistent economic opportunities that characterizes a substantial number of black communities. Hence the countless inner-city anti-violence groups that focus on creating opportunity for young, disadvantaged African-Americans, through education, mentoring, and community programs. Blacks care intensely about the violence that happens in their communities. After all, they have to live with it.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:06 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
You have failed to miss the point regarding Trayvon and why people of all colors have rallied for him. Does "black on black" crime exist? Absolutely but it usually isn't racial but a economic crime.
Easily, the stupidest justification for a lack of recourse to violent murders I have ever heard. Congrats.

"Well, it's economic murder, uh... so... umm... it's ok, I guess. Well, maybe not ok, but we will just wait until a single murder takes place which we can blame on racism, then we's get the anger!" (and some Ipads)

Old 07-19-2013, 08:26 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
I cant make any assuntion of this man, I just hope he working in community to bring attention to the 8 black youth that were shot in his community.

I hope his anger is for the lack of attention of the 8 youth shot and just not anger at those that are excersizing their constitutional rights.

If his anger is only to call out and ridicule others and not effect any change, then his effort and words are moot and irrelevant.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:17 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times

Idiotic article. It never mentions the obvious: what happened to make the black neighborhoods so bad in the last forty years? Did America just become racist over the last 40 years? Was it not racist until then? No. Two things happened to the black neighborhoods: This
Welfare dependency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_culture#Culture

If you notice the drop in black crime came with a decline in welfare programs...a coincidence?

Want to help blacks? Get their jobs back here instead of sending them to China. Give them jobs building American infrastructure instead of a handout.

Will Obama do those things? No, because he's just a coward and a sell out. He'd rather give millions to his favorite corporation instead of helping anyone who needs it.

Black on black crime is no Myth, as anyone who lived in a black neighborhood will tell you. I was never afraid of a neighborhood watchman...the black guys with baggy pants staring at me like they're going to steal my kidneys? Yep, I was afraid of them alright.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:39 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I think one of his main points is that the black community is doing exactly what a white racist would want them to do. That is make a big deal out of a non white killing just one black and do nothing about blacks killing blacks. That is why he refers to the leaders and their ignorant followers as shoe shine n***** because the blacks could not give a better gift then tripping over Martin and ignoring the larger problem.
Exactly!

I mean, is it racist whites and Hispanics who are getting black teenage girls pregnant at alarming rates?

CDC - Graphics Data Descriptions - Teen Pregnancy - Reproductive Health

But instead of doing something about that, the black "leaders" go buck wild over this one, aberrant event.

Quote:
His second point about getting behind the reverands and the movement will go nowhere. Yep, Jesse and Al should be the poster child for the KKK because they can get blacks to look at a speck but miss the whole log. They really know how to pimp. LMAO

Exactly. We know how great the black reverends have been to us:

Al Sharpton Net Worth - TheRichest

Old 07-19-2013, 03:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It comes down to imbeciles and fools getting suckered into racial division. But the effort is largely a failure even if its pushed at the highest level by our current administration and by the dregs of the news media and social and cultural personages.

We have no reason to fear or hate each other or anybody. Well, apart from our current government and their puppet master overlords.
I'll buy this.

BUT

I'm still pretty concerned at all the folks who took the bait on this one.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:04 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
The message will be lost on those who don't want to listen. This man says things that many people don't want to hear, and because of that, they will turn on the messenger.
Thus far, 20,744 have viewed the clip on YouTube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies