Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How worried are you today for the future of America?
Extremely worried 48 52.75%
Very worried 26 28.57%
Not worried too much 15 16.48%
Don't care 2 2.20%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 04:13 PM

309 posts, read 365,411 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how worried/concerned....or not
people feel about the overall direction the US is going from this point on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 04:20 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
Extremely worried. The problem is that no matter what happens, we get the same type of President and same type of Congress in, specifically nothing gets done because no matter Republican or Democrat they all pretty much do the same exact thing.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:29 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
The nation is moving in a dire direction. Our politicians are fiscally bankrupting our nation's future. Our middle class is shrinking more and more each and every day all while 20 to 30 million unskilled illiterate illegal aliens have poured across our southern border. Our public schools now rank right up there with many third world countries when it comes to performance in math and the sciences. Tens of millions of Americans are forced to work two or three jobs just to make ends meet. Fifty-million Americans are without health insurance while tens of millions more are only one healthcare emergency away from financial ruin and bankruptcy. All this while our businesses and corporations have more power and influence over our politicians and what laws are passed than ordinary American citizens do.

This nation is definitely moving in the wrong direction.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:30 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I am extremely worried.
Our country is pouring HOW much money into foreign countries?

Even after the mess in Iraq, people who would otherwise be considered SANE want to invate Iran. If the news is correct, its only a matter of time before these same so called sane people want to invade Pakistan?

Meanwhile wages we are paid are staying the same or going down and the cost of gas is going up.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:00 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
7 years ago, I would have voted "not worried too much". I think most people of my generation(born in 74) are a lot more conscious now about the state of our nation because of what's going on here and abroad.

Now, Im extremely worried.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:28 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
I think the future of America was more worrisome from the 1960s to the early 1980s back when so many political figures, beginning with President Kennedy, were getting gunned down in the streets pretty regularly. During that time inflation and 20% interest rates came and went as big worries.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:36 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
The nation is moving in a dire direction. Our politicians are fiscally bankrupting our nation's future. Our middle class is shrinking more and more each and every day all while 20 to 30 million unskilled illiterate illegal aliens have poured across our southern border. Our public schools now rank right up there with many third world countries when it comes to performance in math and the sciences. Tens of millions of Americans are forced to work two or three jobs just to make ends meet. Fifty-million Americans are without health insurance while tens of millions more are only one healthcare emergency away from financial ruin and bankruptcy. All this while our businesses and corporations have more power and influence over our politicians and what laws are passed than ordinary American citizens do.

This nation is definitely moving in the wrong direction.
You are so right it is scary!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I think the future of America was more worrisome from the 1960s to the early 1980s back when so many political figures, beginning with President Kennedy, were getting gunned down in the streets pretty regularly. During that time inflation and 20% interest rates came and went as big worries.
Thanks for that perspective.

What bothers me now is that I feel that all the things going on now are leading up to something very big(and bad)-as if we're being acclimated to living in fear and on edge to prepare us for something looming much larger in the near future. Dunno what, but I dont like it one bit.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:04 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
About says it all for me, I don't see major issues which can't be managed.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:58 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
With our likely next presidential choices, we are in trouble. Illegals given amnesty, Public schools freefalling behind, Crime up all over the country, our dollar becoming more worthless, Judges trying to play god.

Not much reason for hope in america.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies