Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 09:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Hey, if I complain about the way my stepfather treated me as a kid, can I get all sorts of sympathy and financial help? After all, it only happened a few decades ago.
How about if he wiped out your memories of who you were and made you think that you were someone else would that matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 11:23 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,443,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
We have a choice system. And the choice generally means to either not invite people like me to the party. Or assume if I am invited I don't deserve to be there. These are great choices.

I am well aware I was fortunate to have quite a few advantages (being born to college educated parents). And even with that I run into issues. If I run into roadblocks, what about other people without those luxuries?

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

It sounds like you are the one with the hang ups. You seem to have a complex feeling as thought you think people feel this way about you. There is no reason that if an person can come from another country, barley speak the language with no one here can make it that blacks that were born here can't. The difference is one WANTS to make it and the other wants it HANDED to them.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:00 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
How about if he wiped out your memories of who you were and made you think that you were someone else would that matter?

Oh, please!
If they're missing out on these identities, mother Africa is always there waiting for them.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:31 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,186,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Life is now bowl of cherries for anyone, people have their likes and dislikes. As stated elswhere on this thread many people have issues of all sort. People do not go around liking everyone they see, that is just life. I do see recent immigrants from Africa that seem to succeed much more than the "natives".
Yep because recent Africans didn't have hundreds of years of oppression in the U.S. They tend to know where they come from, their original ethnicities. They can usually look at their names and know their family legacy. They usually speak their native languages etc. And you'd better believe that many are very glad not to have slavery, especially American slavery in their backgrounds. Immigrants from Africa have totally different experiences which impact their success levels in the US...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Oh, please!
If they're missing out on these identities, mother Africa is always there waiting for them.
Really? So you could tell them what their ancestors names were and show them to the right ethnic groups and families?

Old 08-03-2013, 01:29 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,302,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL, Mr. Limbaugh is insane and has an false understanding of history.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:31 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee
Maybe whites should have picked their own cotton. I guess it's too late for that.
That's it! People on welfare, a job for able bodied welfare recipients, they can pick cotton.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:33 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Blacks in America have a very self-destructive culture, which has only gotten worse over time. Nothing the government has done to help these people has worked, and God knows it has tried everything for a long, long time. It has only made things worse for them. Any changes for the better must come from them, which is highly unlikely to happen because they don't have the same values that are looked upon by non-blacks as being favorable. I think in the decades to come Hispanics will fly past blacks in social status, which will setback blacks further due to their own negative actions and inadequences. More and more people are starting to care less and less about what blacks have to say about most everything...especially their complaints pertaining to race discrimination.
Who has ridden the racist politics for years now. For the sin of slavery, which ended over 140 years ago, long before the invention of the electric light, the automobile or even the basketball. Who has received trillions of dollars in the form of welfare checks, small business loans, affirmative action, Operation Headstart and food stamps.

In return, the community, has given back to America a record number of illegitimate children, violent crime totally disproportionate to their numbers, an academic dropout rate that guarantees the cycle of ignorance and violence will continue unabated, and a constant clamor for more and more in the way of city, state and federal handouts.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:38 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,137,639 times
A majority of the population are becoming more and more like slaves. We're losing more rights each year.

Maybe we need to revisit the definition of slavery.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:51 AM

808 posts, read 663,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Reading is really fundamental and you apparently missed that part of the program because if you would re-read what I wrote you would understand that I was not blaming the media pe se, I was comparing how blacks and jews are treated differently by them.

ah, you are backing up when it is up to your face
still - it was you, who have said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime
No because not one peson in the media dare say anything negative about them. There is more of a fear of insulting jews then it is with blacks.
in a discussion who and what are to be blamed for the PERSONAL failures of one vs the other group of people.

in explanation of which YOU posted that moronic "media insulting blacks" reason.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:33 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,002,227 times
[quote=petch751;30615952]Who's feeling guilty, I don't. Especially when I was not born and it was over 140 years ago. That's slower than Obamas economic growth rate.

Who has ridden the racist politics for years now. For the sin of slavery, which ended over 140 years ago, long before the invention of the electric light, the automobile or even the basketball. Who has received trillions of dollars in the form of welfare checks, small business loans, affirmative action, Operation Headstart and food stamps.

In return, the community, has given back to America a record number of illegitimate children, violent crime totally disproportionate to their numbers, an academic dropout rate that guarantees the cycle of ignorance and violence will continue unabated, and a constant clamor for more and more in the way of city, state and federal handouts.

These people never picked a bushel of cotton or had a horse whip to their bare skin but some how feel entitled to reap from others who had nothing to do with slavery.Wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies