Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 11:05 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Because this doesn't happen disproportionately among white kids. It's a problem, but "whiteness" doesn't seem to be a substantial statistical factor.

This isn't exactly rocket science, it's just common sense.

White "leaders" (do we even have those?) should be speaking about issues that solely or disproportionately affect whites. Anything else, not much point in speaking to it from the standpoint of whiteness.
Doesn't matter. It still happens and it needs to be addressed. Tell the families of those killed in the Aurora/Sandy Hook tragedies that "well, it happens, but at least it's not as bad as the black community".

Well, since folks like to assign blacks "leaders", I thought it applied to all races (since we're about equality and all that). I propose Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 11:12 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Because this doesn't happen disproportionately among white kids. It's a problem, but "whiteness" doesn't seem to be a substantial statistical factor.

This isn't exactly rocket science, it's just common sense.

White "leaders" (do we even have those?) should be speaking about issues that solely or disproportionately affect whites. Anything else, not much point in speaking to it from the standpoint of whiteness.
Really? Because I distinctly recall lots of videos of white girl mobs going viral. The difference is, based on our socialization you are trained to think of it as an exception when white kids do it. And the norm when non white kids do it. That way you don't see it as a "bad kids problem" vs a non white kids problem.

There is a reason that mean girls resonated with all audiences across all ethnic groups.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't know if it's a trend that is more prevalent nowadays or if the actions are being reported more prevalently than in the past. Who knows if this beating was random. Could've been a fight between a couple of guys that got out of control, who knows.

Good point. This happened 10-20 years ago as well, the only difference was there wasn't a camera on every corner to catch it back then. I was at a party when a similar thing took place. The guy getting beat up was caught molesting an intoxicated 15 year old girl. He got roughed up pretty bad, but as far as I know it was never reported to anyone.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:08 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

Too bad we are not allowed to teach in the schools, "Be ye kind one to another; tenderhearted loving one another." A lot of people do not like the Bible and its teaching; but it would certainly solve a lot of the problems we have in this country today.
No it wouldn't. I'm an atheist yet you don't see me going around murdering, robbing & beating up on others.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:25 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Btw, good post on the one above that was kinda long, I read it and I feel the same way, you have a choice, either fight or get knocked out. If you get knocked out, you are at the mercy of whoever is around, and if there isn't anyone, well there is a good chance that you are dead.
Well, we agree on something.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:12 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Doesn't matter. It still happens and it needs to be addressed. Tell the families of those killed in the Aurora/Sandy Hook tragedies that "well, it happens, but at least it's not as bad as the black community".

Well, since folks like to assign blacks "leaders", I thought it applied to all races (since we're about equality and all that). I propose Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly.
Crime happens a lot more in urban black communities. Maybe you should focus on the driving forces of this phenomenon as opposed to trolling with some isolated party fight in a predominately white neighborhood simply because you feel it flies in the face of the previously stated fact.

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 08-03-2013 at 01:06 AM..

Old 08-03-2013, 12:59 AM

310 posts, read 256,262 times
Wait, why are people acting like this was a group of white kids? Looked to me like it was a mix of white and black. Are people watching the video, or just trolling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies