Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 04:09 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I call BS on that statement. Let's see some data that show conservatives thought either Till or Martin deserved to be killed. I seriously doubt you know much about either case, just your "opinion" along with
various other assumptions.

[SIZE=4]Ted Nugent: Trayvon Martin 'Got Justice,' Was A 'Gangsta …[/SIZE]

I guess BS accusations don't count?
[SIZE=4]Was Trayvon Martin using a street drug called “Lean?” « Bob Owens[/SIZE]

I believe this "concerned conservative citizen" may prove DD's point

TRAYVON WAS A VICIOUS THUG

Old 08-18-2013, 04:17 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

At least 10% of conservatives, 10% of liberals and 10% of everyone else are bat**** crazy.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
At least 10% of conservatives, 10% of liberals and 10% of everyone else are bat**** crazy.
Ok, even I can accept those numbers

Old 08-18-2013, 05:39 PM

[quote=Ghostrider275452;31012493]
Quote:
I know, my kids used to short cut through Braddock to get home and they were pulled over by the police because they were white kids in a predominantly black area, they thought they were there to buy drugs.

So your son has at least an idea of how a young black kids walking through wealthy white areas might feel like.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:14 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
[quote=simetime;31020242]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post

So your son has at least an idea of how a young black kids walking through wealthy white areas might feel like.
I honestly did not have a problem with it, I guess they were profiling, but profiling works and the cops were just doing their job. I could almost guarantee if a white kid is in Braddock or the Hill district, there is a 99% chance they are there to buy drugs. Or if young kids are hanging out late at night, they are probably up to no good. Remember this, if you are black or white for that matter and walking/driving thru a wealthy white area and you do not belong there, you had better have a damned good reason for being there.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:25 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times
[quote=Ghostrider275452;31025224]
Quote:
I honestly did not have a problem with it, I guess they were profiling, but profiling works and the cops were just doing their job. I could almost guarantee if a white kid is in Braddock or the Hill district, there is a 99% chance they are there to buy drugs. Or if young kids are hanging out late at night, they are probably up to no good. Remember this, if you are black or white for that matter and walking/driving thru a wealthy white area and you do not belong there, you had better have a damned good reason for being there.
If i lived there, the cops or anyone else should have nothing to say!

I could care less what the average Joe thinks about me or what they write or who they like or don't like. It's the Garbage who has power who has issues with race that bothers me.

This is the "Garbage" that I stand against. Not everyone with a pulse who calls himself a law abiding citizen should be given the power to take someone life. There are too many people with racial issues and with just plain issues shouldn't have guns.

Candidates for any police department should have a proven disposition of service before considered for employment to any police department. Anything different should be looked at hard by the community as well as their potential superiors.

Allowing citizens to record police and each officer having cameras is a step in the right direction. Those who staff the police department shouldn't have a problem with that type of accountability. Neither should our elected officials.

It's a new day. People are not very tolerant of people who abuse power.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:39 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Please people, nobody cares about this case anymore. It's old news and people needs to move on.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Nobody cares about this case anymore ? You should tell that to Sybrina, Crump, the NAACP, and the media. They can't get enough of using gz's so-called racial profiling of The Child to push their policy agenda. New laws they so humbly want to name after The Child, 'Trayvon's Law,' continuing to lie about the facts.

Though the verdict is old news, the case and myths are still in full swing.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Nobody cares about this case anymore ? You should tell that to Sybrina, Crump, the NAACP, and the media. They can't get enough of using gz's so-called racial profiling of The Child to push their policy agenda. New laws they so humbly want to name after The Child, 'Trayvon's Law,' continuing to lie about the facts.

Though the verdict is old news, the case and myths are still in full swing.
They won't be done with it until they have made as much money as they can off of it.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
People have a right to be anywhere they damn well please without explaining to you why they are there.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:45 AM

578 posts, read 963,970 times
One day just hopefully there needs to be peace and no drama, but that seems to be wishful thinking. For now, it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies