Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 11:19 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Some black people are enlightened... this man says it like it is.

[youtube]K9Rm7xao0IA[/youtube]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Rm7xao0IA]I Blame Oprah Winfrey For Baptizing Obama To America - YouTube[/url]

I didn't need to watch the video. Just the title of it shows the man is a fool. Ignorance comes in every color.

I'm not a big Oprah fan, although I admire all she has accomplished, but sometimes celebrities are too full of themselves.

I just edited my post because, although we strongly disagree on many issues, you seem like a nice person. I don't like getting into arguments and wish there wasn't so much hate in the world. Unfortunately, the election of this President has brought out the worst in people.

Last edited by justNancy; 08-10-2013 at 11:35 PM..

Old 08-11-2013, 12:21 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why do you keep bringing up race? What evidence showed that Trayvon started the fight other than zimmerman's word? Please provide proof that Trayvon started it.
The fact that Tyrone didn't have ANY INJURIES aside from the gunshot wounds and scratches on his knuckles. If Zimmerman had started the fight he would have at least bruised Trayvon, if nowhere else than on his arms when he blocked the first punch. The only one with any bodily injuries from an assault was Zimmerman.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:22 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Vermont is blue because its a welfare state...the four other states are populated by lots of folks on state aid, and the get out the vote drive was particularly strong there, for them. Obama is one of the worst presidents this country has had, just awful. He makes Jimmy Carter look like Barry Goldwater...

The reason Obama won was because no one in their right mind would have wanted Sarah Palin to be one old man's heartbeat away from being president.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:14 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,924,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
The reason Obama won was because no one in their right mind would have wanted Sarah Palin to be one old man's heartbeat away from being president.
Dont think so. The reason he won was white guilt; people gushed about the first black president, aren't we progressive now? Then he goes on to win the Nobel peace prize and for what again? Farce.

Hopefully, with likeminded bluedog dems and republicans, the tea party will tear the Washington elite to shreds and start anew.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:27 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Those Southern Democrats flocked to the Republican Party...and they did so over integration.

You know it, and so do i.

So again, it's like i said...
Quote:
Conservatives at the time thought the Till murder was justified
, and they think the killing of Martin was justified.

That's where the similarities end. The cases can't be compared otherwise.

BTW genius...black people left the Republican Party long before 1964. When Roosevelt bought white votes with welfare back in the 30's, black folks tagged along.
You have no proof of this, it is just an accusation off the top of your head. There is no way to prove they were conservative.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Truth is a painful thing.

Take an Advil.
Ah, perception is the truth in your mind I see.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Till wasn't killed b/c he was Black. He was killed b/c he didn't know his place as a Black man. He REFUSED to back down to the racist scumbags who killed him, even when they tied him up, beat him, and held a gun to his head. With all that abuse and torture he went through, he looked into the eyes of his killers and told them, "I'm just as good as you, and nothing you do is going to make me deny that."

That's why TM was killed. He was killed b/c he refused to "know his place" and back down to GZ. Everyone that I have seen defend GZ has always come back to the "point" that if TM had just respected GZ right to stalk & confront him, if TM had just meekly & demurely complied to whatever it was that GZ told him to do, TM would still be alive.

And let's not forget the CONSERVATIVE REACTION to both Till's & Martin's death: "Oh it's a tragedy that it happened, but we don't feel right punishing the killers for it, so let them go."
We all need to know our place and if TM had dealt with Z in a nonviolent manner, he would still be alive.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Challenge accepted!

[SIZE=4]Pittsburgh Police beating of an innocent 18 yr. old man - YouTube[/SIZE]

Well of course you will counter with "he did not get killed"

[SIZE=4]Pittsburgh, PA Police Brutally Kill Jonny Gammage and Get Away ...[/SIZE]

Is that better? I picked these two because they were the most obvious
I live in the greater Pittsburgh area and followed both of these cases closely. I do believe Gammage was murdered, but Jordan Miles injuries were mostly sustained from falling on his face while running from the police and fighting/resisting arrest. The police told him to stop and he decided he was going to run. If you run from the police it is almost an admission of guilt.

Funny but true.

Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police! - YouTube

Old 08-11-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Challenge accepted!

[SIZE=4]Pittsburgh Police beating of an innocent 18 yr. old man - YouTube[/SIZE]

Well of course you will counter with "he did not get killed"

[SIZE=4]Pittsburgh, PA Police Brutally Kill Jonny Gammage and Get Away ...[/SIZE]

Is that better? I picked these two because they were the most obvious
"Using his flashlight, Officer Vojtas knocked the object out of Mr. Gammage's hand. Mr. Gammage lunged at Officer Vojtas. The other officers rushed to help. Mr. Gammage and the officers traded numerous blows, and Mr. Gammage bit Officer Vojtas' right thumb."

Read more: In Pittsburgh, two controversial cases reveal divide between the black community and the police - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 08-11-2013, 08:36 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Agreed. That's why Obama got my vote in 2008 for POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies