Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 11:11 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I grew up in the 50's & 60's, but I was lucky enough to escape the Jim Crow and White Council racism - my city had been desegregated since the end of WW2 or at least the early 50's. Oprah knows better than to link Emmett Till and Trayvon Martin - maybe some of the uninformed kids on C-D have no clue, but she does. Martin was a kid who had been kicked out of school for fighting, drugs and whatever - he attacked Zimmerman and was on his way to bashing his head in. An investigation, a Trial, not a shred of evidence to point to anything but self defense while being beaten. To link Till (great crime was to speak to a white woman) and Martin the thug, is to insult the memory of Emmett Till and his influence on the entire Civil Right's movement. They should be ashamed.

I would love for all these "victimhood race-baiters" to be able to go back in time to the 1950's in Mississippi, or almost anywhere in the USA (Jim Crow laws were in every single state) and experience for a week exactly what Racism was.

We could call that a serious Teachable Moment.
Agreed tho I don't think Jim Crow was in every state.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Can you or anyone else prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Zimmerman would not have been following Martin if he wasn't black?

Trial or no, no one has ever proven otherwise as far as I am concerned, so, that leaves us with a simple conclusion and basically the very same parallel that Ms Winfrey has drawn.

Y'all can deny that racism to this extreme still exists all day long. Fact is, it does and we as a nation need to be reminded of it regularly particularly in the face of so much denial.
Like Jesse Jackson and young Black dudes? If Mr Jackson can "profile"; why not anybody else? Sheesh!

Jesse Jackson - Wikiquote

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:16 AM

500 posts, read 376,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So, he is standing by his van which he said he was walking back to when he hung up with the police. Next, Tyrone is seen on top of him beating him up a few feet from the same van. So either A), he "followed" him only twenty feet and confronted Tyrone or B) Tyrone turned around and confronted Zimmerman. That, and when we consider that while Zimmerman had multiple injuries, the only injuries on Tyrone were on his knuckles and the gun shot wound...so, did Zimmerman punch Martin in the hand?

So the witnesses, the phone call to the cops, the injuries on Zimmerman and the lack of injuries on Tyrone, Tyrone's history of violence and drug abuse, the forensic examinations etc have no bearing on anything? Really?

So basically, you're saying we should punish Zimmerman out of an appeal to emotion? That sounds LIKE A LYNCHING!

I didn't say anything about Obozzo other than that it's mostly his followers doing the marching for Tylenol. You on the other hand have yet to explain why the blacks aren't up in arms about Daniel Adkins getting murdered. I can answer: BECAUSE HE WASN'T BLACK AND WAS KILLED BY A BLACK!

First, Emmit Till did absolutely nothing to anyone. He was ganged up on by a bunch of people. How is anything I've said anywhere near close to that? You are the one who seems just like the people winking and smiling and looking the other way at Daniel Adkins getting murdered in cold blood.
I love this post. Especially the Tyrone part.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
so you hate hispanics who are registered democrats?
You mean "Black" Hispanics? GZ's mom's dad was a Black man. Tho I catch what you mean.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:19 AM

500 posts, read 376,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And? Your argument is that I'm off by 45 sec? Go play outside. Grown ups are talking.
45 seconds in a gun/Skittles fight is a loooooooooooooong time.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Ben Crump, master of the Team Martin narrative, said that Trayvon will go down in the annals of history right next to Emmitt Till and Medgar Evers. Roland Martin and others have also made the Till analogy. Desperate for a new martyr I guess.

[I haven't read through the thread; I'll bet there's as much slamming Beck as commenting on the dopiness of the Till-Martin comparison.]
Trayvon Martin next to Dr King and Ms Parks? More like Treyvon Martin next to Mike Tyson who raped Deseree Washington IMHO.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Here's a question I've been asking, but no one has answered (because there is no good answer )

What if a goth looking guy with combat boots and a trenchcoat in the spring time was walking past a preschool with kids playing outside. Said goth guy gets followed by neighborhood watch. The goth guy reaches into his trenchcoat and the watchman assaults him and ends up killing him. Was that "profiling"? Of course...but would we see a similar reaction?

And yes, goths can be profiled...I was in high school when that Columbine thing happened and many of the same people screaming about profiling over hoodies had no problem about punishing every kid in America for the crime of wearing a trenchcoat.
Hell no. Tho REAL goths have the rep of being Ok; many people LOOK "goth" and many of them ARE bad news.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:48 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
Quote:
This coming from the guy who hasn't posted links to a single, solitary FACT
And what facts are you looking for?

Quote:
Where did I say anything of the sort? Or even hint at as much?

But I'm the one who's "making things up"
You have a deep-seeded disgust for anything "Black." Don't start trying to deny it. Your support, if an honor student were gunned down like TM was, would stop the second you learned that student embraced any kind of "Blackness." I just used Jay-Z as a stand-in.
Quote:
Translation: DO EVERYTHING BUT ADDRESS THE ISSUE AND NEVER CRITICIZE OBOZZO.

Thank you for proving my point
The issue is Oprah, Trayvon, and Emmett Till. If you want your ignorance and petty tantrums challenged on another subject, feel free to start a thread on it.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:32 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And what facts are you looking for?
The facts that the prosecution obviously couldn't find.

Quote:
You have a deep-seeded disgust for anything "Black." Don't start trying to deny it. Your support, if an honor student were gunned down like TM was, would stop the second you learned that student embraced any kind of "Blackness." I just used Jay-Z as a stand-in.
So again, for about the tenth time, please explain how this proves I have something against all things "black":
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post28099584

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post3799126

But ignore it as you do anything else that points to what you don't want to believe.

Quote:
The issue is Oprah, Trayvon, and Emmett Till. If you want your ignorance and petty tantrums challenged on another subject, feel free to start a thread on it.

Ah, I did comment. I showed how Emmit Till and Tyrone Martin are like apples and mufflers. Till was dragged out of his house by a racist white mob and hung for committing no crime, Martin was shot by a single mixed race Hispanic man who himself has black blood in his veins after "raining blows MMA style" on him. Till was a small fourteen year old boy killed by multiple grown men, Martin was 5'9, taller than Zimmerman's 5'7, three months away from being a legal adult and old enough to join the military with his parents permission.

But the Obama/Oprah butt kissers have solved America's power needs, I give you that: just attach a generator to poor Emmit Till's grave. With all the turning he's been doing in it with people comparing him to Tyrone Martin we should generate enough power to last several decades.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:38 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Hell no. Tho REAL goths have the rep of being Ok; many people LOOK "goth" and many of them ARE bad news.

I know that, just a question for people who whine about profiling people who look like this:

Sorry, but if you have women's panties on your head, wear your pants to your ankles and throw up gang signs while smoking a blunt, I will indeed profile you. The same people saying "well, they aren't necessarily bad people!" are the same hypocrites who would call 911 if they saw this guy walking up to a daycare center:

Funny, but again, after that Columbine thing every kid in a trench coat (like myself) was considered a menace...and where was Oprah then? Or Jesse Jackson, or Obama etc etc...

And spare me, SPARE ME the inevitable "well, you were a kid and you haven't gotten over it yet!" line. Obama hasn't "gotten over" being looked at funny (allegedly) because he's half Kenyan when he was a kid, so why no yells to him about "getting over it"?

Last edited by victorianpunk; 08-09-2013 at 01:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies