Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 06:43 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Look, the whole story is that we have black youth breaking and entering, and a black youth out in the rain with a Hoodie, reaching inside his waistband as though pretending he had a gun. A perceived threat to the community neighborhood watch. He was already trying to act tough, and everyone is blaming GZ for trying to act tough or vigilante. Perfect word, BTW, for the media to incite emotional anger.

Shame on his parents AND Sharpton for talking about TM's "legacy". Going by his FB and cell phone texts, I'd be embarrassed to pretend he was a roll model for anyone, but a thug wanna be. BUT, the media won't get into that information. They'll put his hoodie in a museum, as though he was a hero. Society is nuts.
I want to say it's surprising how often Conservatives prove my point on TM, but it's not. At the very best, your definition of "act tough" means "not running away." Yet you FL has a law that Conservatives LOVE that gives you permission to "act tough" ie not run away.

Explain to us how a Black teen acting legally = "acting tough," yet every other person who's defended themselves under SYG is somehow doing something else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
No, that is what THE EYE WITNESSES said in court. That little bit is often forgotten, but witnesses saw Martin beating him up.
There are NO WITNESSES to how the fight started. All the witness said amounts to "GZ was losing when I saw them." That's it. Creating this narrative about TM suckerpunching/attacking out of nowhere is based on nothing but GZ testimony. That you choose to push an uncorroborated account from a guy w/ a motive to give a self-serving version is exactly the issue that you and most of the other Conservatives on here run away from. EVERY. TIME.

Quote:
Point is, I wouldn't have just assaulted someone. If I was close to home, I would have gone home. If I was far from home, I would have asked him in a strong yet respectable manner if there was a problem. That thug Martin did what thugs do: he went straight to violence. That's what all the evidence and the witnesses say.
You do what the racists who jumped at the chance to abduct ET did: create a story based on nothing but your own dislike of Blacks. It's funny watching someone repeatedly try to pass off facts that everyone knows aren't facts, and try to claim there's nothing behind it.

Quote:
Translation: I don't care that the same thing that Zimmerman is accused of doing happened TEN TIMES AS BAD to a Hispanic because he's not black and hence I'll change the subject.
So your point is still that Obama responded to questions about a national story, and didn't just bring up a story that no one's talking about. "Boo Obama" for not going out of his way for to create a national story so that later on he could respond to questions about that national story. Get a clue.

Quote:
And yes, no one's talking about a black man shooting poor Daniel Adkins, you got that right at least. But if the races were reversed? Oprah would be flipping out and every buck dancing, shoe shining uncle Tom from Sacramento to Chicago would dust off their dashiki and their protest sign and scream "no justice, no peace."
Did Obama address the 3 White paratroopers who killed the Black couple b/c they were Black? Did Oprah? Did the MSM? Oh... so there's White-on-Black crime that doesn't make it into a national story?

Quote:
Thank you for proving my point.
That your mindset is just as bad as the racists who abducted & killed ET? That didn't take much. Or that "responding to" is not synonymous w/ "promoting" a national news story? Well... buy a dictionary.

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 08-08-2013 at 07:10 AM..

Old 08-08-2013, 07:05 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I haven't heard conservatives say that they think Martin deserved to be killed by Zimmerman. I think the vast majority of people, conservative and liberal, think it's a tragedy that Martin was killed. The issue in the case was the role racism played in the shooting. While I think race was an issue, because Zimmerman was suspicious of Martin because he was black, I don't know if Zimmerman is truly racist. The fact was that there were burglaries in the area, one of the characteristics of the suspected burglars was that they were black, and Martin shared that characteristic, and was unknown to Zimmerman who lived in the neighborhood. His suspicion, added to his poor judgment, resulted in an innocent, unarmed kid dying.

I think many people, conservative and liberal, grieved for Martin, and grieve for Zimmerman as well. Whatever his ambitions were, to be a hero that caught a bad guy, to protect his neighborhood, whatever they were, he will always be someone whose choices resulted in a young man's death. His choices may or may not have risen to the level of criminality. The jury concluded that he wasn't a criminal. And from what we've heard from the jury, they didn't arrive at their conclusion because of racism. The instructions on the rule of law that they received from the judge persuaded them that Zimmerman didn't act criminally. They debated it, and that's what they decided the law said.

I can understand comparing Till and Martin. It's not an invalid comparison. Comparisons are of things that are alike in some ways and unalike in others. Till and Martin are alike in some ways, and unalike in others. Oprah has focused on the ways they are alike. Beck has focused on the ways they are unalike.

Isn't this what Oprah said --- "Trayvon Martin parallel to Emmett Till, let me just tell you. In my mind, same thing," Winfrey said, ..."

I can give parallels between apples and oranges, horses and dogs, Jesse Jackson and Michael Jackson, the Pacific Ocean and my toilet bowl. Would you or I use one to represent the other ? I wouldn't, maybe you would.

I understand the usefulness of rhetoric, symbols, and martyrs by interest groups and social movements. Using a Till/Martin comparison, however, is a cheap distortion of facts and historical garbage.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:13 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
I have no respect left for Oprah. She is nothing more than a shill for the left, and now, it appears, for the race baiters too.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
[/b]
Isn't this what Oprah said --- "Trayvon Martin parallel to Emmett Till, let me just tell you. In my mind, same thing," Winfrey said, ..."

I can give parallels between apples and oranges, horses and dogs, Jesse Jackson and Michael Jackson, the Pacific Ocean and my toilet bowl. Would you or I use one to represent the other ? I wouldn't, maybe you would.

I understand the usefulness of rhetoric, symbols, and martyrs by interest groups and social movements. Using a Till/Martin comparison, however, is a cheap distortion of facts and historical garbage.

I don't think Zimmerman, kidnapped and pulled out trayvons eyes, then shooting him in the head, wrapping him in barbed wire and throwing him in a river all for whistling at a white girl.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:48 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
This has been debated to death and the media has moved on.
I totally agree. The media has moved on and so should everyone else. There are more important things to worry about.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:18 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post

There are NO WITNESSES to how the fight started. All the witness said amounts to "GZ was losing when I saw them." That's it. Creating this narrative about TM suckerpunching/attacking out of nowhere is based on nothing but GZ testimony. That you choose to push an uncorroborated account from a guy w/ a motive to give a self-serving version is exactly the issue that you and most of the other Conservatives on here run away from. EVERY. TIME.
So, he is standing by his van which he said he was walking back to when he hung up with the police. Next, Tyrone is seen on top of him beating him up a few feet from the same van. So either A), he "followed" him only twenty feet and confronted Tyrone or B) Tyrone turned around and confronted Zimmerman. That, and when we consider that while Zimmerman had multiple injuries, the only injuries on Tyrone were on his knuckles and the gun shot wound...so, did Zimmerman punch Martin in the hand?

Quote:
You do what the racists who jumped at the chance to abduct ET did: create a story based on nothing but your own dislike of Blacks. It's funny watching someone repeatedly try to pass off facts that everyone knows aren't facts, and try to claim there's nothing behind it.
So the witnesses, the phone call to the cops, the injuries on Zimmerman and the lack of injuries on Tyrone, Tyrone's history of violence and drug abuse, the forensic examinations etc have no bearing on anything? Really?

So basically, you're saying we should punish Zimmerman out of an appeal to emotion? That sounds LIKE A LYNCHING!

Quote:
So your point is still that Obama responded to questions about a national story, and didn't just bring up a story that no one's talking about. "Boo Obama" for not going out of his way for to create a national story so that later on he could respond to questions about that national story. Get a clue.
I didn't say anything about Obozzo other than that it's mostly his followers doing the marching for Tylenol. You on the other hand have yet to explain why the blacks aren't up in arms about Daniel Adkins getting murdered. I can answer: BECAUSE HE WASN'T BLACK AND WAS KILLED BY A BLACK!

Quote:
That your mindset is just as bad as the racists who abducted & killed ET? That didn't take much. Or that "responding to" is not synonymous w/ "promoting" a national news story? Well... buy a dictionary.

First, Emmit Till did absolutely nothing to anyone. He was ganged up on by a bunch of people. How is anything I've said anywhere near close to that? You are the one who seems just like the people winking and smiling and looking the other way at Daniel Adkins getting murdered in cold blood.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
You seem to have made that entire narrative up. Sorry, but thee evidence point to Zimmerman running after Martin, and then continuing to pursue him after hanging up on the police dispatcher. The fight was nowhere near Zimmerman's truck, and was in fact around the corner approaching Where Martin was staying.

Nice try, though.

No, that is exactly what happened.
Blog: More lies from the main stream media about the Zimmerman case

The media is making up lies to paint this as a racist attack, when it was not.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
That seems to have no relevance to this case.

Since you obviously didn't understand it, I will say it again:

Why is it wrong to profile a kid for wearing a hoodie today, when it was perfectly okay to profile a kid for wearing a trenchcoat in the late 90s? And why were the same people with their "hoodie marches" today profiling kids in trench coats in the 90s?

But ignore the difficult questions. That's all you people do anyway.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:05 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
Quote:
So, he is standing by his van which he said he was walking back to when he hung up with the police. Next, Tyrone is seen on top of him beating him up a few feet from the same van. So either A), he "followed" him only twenty feet and confronted Tyrone or B) Tyrone turned around and confronted Zimmerman. That, and when we consider that while Zimmerman had multiple injuries, the only injuries on Tyrone were on his knuckles and the gun shot wound...so, did Zimmerman punch Martin in the hand?
Good lord. Willful ignorance at its finest. So I take it you just chose to ignore that 4 min between the end of the call & the gun shot? Or the witness' testimony about where GZ was? No... let's just ignore everything that makes you sound like an ignorant clown when actually mentioned.

Quote:
So the witnesses, the phone call to the cops, the injuries on Zimmerman and the lack of injuries on Tyrone, Tyrone's history of violence and drug abuse, the forensic examinations etc have no bearing on anything? Really?
And which of those "facts" tell what happened when TM & GZ finally met? None of them? Really? Well I guess we've just learned what "corroborate" means.

Quote:
So basically, you're saying we should punish Zimmerman out of an appeal to emotion? That sounds LIKE A LYNCHING!
Strawman much? Where did I mention anything about Zimmerman's punishment?

Quote:
I didn't say anything about Obozzo other than that it's mostly his followers doing the marching for Tylenol. You on the other hand have yet to explain why the blacks aren't up in arms about Daniel Adkins getting murdered. I can answer: BECAUSE HE WASN'T BLACK AND WAS KILLED BY A BLACK!
Maybe if you stopped w/ the stupid nicknames, people would understand if you're talking about Obama or his supporters.

Quote:
And let's not forget the Obomzi reaction to the shooting of Daniel Adkins: "well, it was a black man who got away with murdering a mentally disabled Hispanic, so it should get ignored."
"Obomzi"...

Quote:
First, Emmit Till did absolutely nothing to anyone. He was ganged up on by a bunch of people. How is anything I've said anywhere near close to that? You are the one who seems just like the people winking and smiling and looking the other way at Daniel Adkins getting murdered in cold blood.
Your characterization of TM after the fact, is no different that the characterization from the people that supported ET's murderers. You purposely distort or ignore facts, create fictional narratives, take innocuous moments from his life to try to further demonize him, all for the express purpose to justify TM's death. That's exactly what happened in ET's case.

Yes. Your mindset is exactly like I said.

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 08-08-2013 at 03:17 PM..

Old 08-08-2013, 03:09 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,756,963 times
does anyone take oprah seriously? isn't this the same uneducated chick that was running some all girl rape factory in africa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies