Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 05:47 AM

5,319 posts, read 9,011,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Typical weekend for Joker Joe. Barry joins him when the weather is to his liking.

http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Biden-weekend-travel-Air-Force-Two/2012/06/04/id/441168
Biden doesn't fly on Air Force Two by choice.

He does it because he is told by the Secret Service to do so.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...rak-joe-biden/

Quote:
Instead of taking a plane for trips to his home in Delaware, Biden plans to take his transportation of choice – the train. “The Secret Service doesn’t like me traveling back and forth to Delaware on the train. They concluded it gives too many opportunities for people to interact with me in a way they wouldn’t like to see them interacting. And so they fly me back and forth,” Biden said, reminiscing about the nearly 8,000 times he traveled back-and-forth between Delaware and Washington by train as a senator. “And so the only thing that’s allowed me to get back on the train, now I was able to say, look, guys, I’ve got to take the train now. It’s cheaper than flying. So I get to take the train again.”
A round-trip ticket from Washington, D.C. to Biden’s home in Wilmington, Del., on the Acela line this weekend would cost $97 in coach or $142 in business class. But Biden who rode the train for 30 years, probably still has some frequent rider miles stacked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 05:57 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,803,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Sequester May Revive ‘Amtrak Joe’ Biden - ABC News
Biden rode the trains for 30 years and no one knew who he was and more than likely they still wouldn't. I think they are more worried about Joe making a Biden Blooper than someone recognizing him. LOL

It still doesn't change the fact that he does this EVERY weekend at the expense of the taxpayer. Maybe he should move to Washington and save the taxpayers some money? Add that up over an 8 year period and that's quite a pretty piece of taxpayer change.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:58 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,371,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Sequester May Revive ‘Amtrak Joe’ Biden - ABC News
Did the Secret Service tell Biden he has to travel back and forth twice to play golf with Barry?

Old 08-13-2013, 06:00 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,803,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Did the Secret Service tell Biden he has to travel back and forth twice to play golf with Barry?
Maybe. I don't think Barry has many playmates.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:15 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,299,487 times
Quote:
Maybe. I don't think Barry has many playmates.
I heard Jay-Z is friends with him.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
To RD5050:

I noticed that I posted the wrong link for the President's schedule. Here is the correct one.

White House Schedule - July 28 to August 3, 2013 | The White House

Oh, here's Biden's white house schedule.

Seems to be on the same working schedule as 0bama
Their combined (P & VP) schedule varies from week to week, so you can't make any assumptions looking at just one week.

Try using the previous week and next week buttons on the top of the White House calendar.

Here is a sample schedule showing both Biden and Obama, and notice how events can start very early and go late. Sometimes they work overnight (U.S. time) when they travel abroad. Imagine the jet lag they deal with?

White House Schedule - July 21 to July 27, 2013 | The White House

And at least Obama puts his and Biden's schedule online for everyone to see.

Last edited by RD5050; 08-13-2013 at 06:27 AM..

Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,636,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the difference is, is that when GW was on vacation, he was also working, pbo is really taking a vacation. he has no work ethic at all, and thinks that the American people owe him.

sort of like that woman with 15 kids who got up there and said the government owe her.
And you know this HOW? No president ever really takes a vacation.

On the flip side, I do recall Bushie being criticized for how many times he went home to the 'ranch' when others thought he should be working.

Must go with the territory.

But that's too reasonable for the righties so keep on playing VACATIONGATE.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Biden rode the trains for 30 years and no one knew who he was and more than likely they still wouldn't. I think they are more worried about Joe making a Biden Blooper than someone recognizing him. LOL

It still doesn't change the fact that he does this EVERY weekend at the expense of the taxpayer. Maybe he should move to Washington and save the taxpayers some money? Add that up over an 8 year period and that's quite a pretty piece of taxpayer change.
The V.P. requires high level protection because it is in the nation's interest to do so.

He is second in line for the Presidency.

And as Biden has stated, he would prefer to ride on the train because it is cheaper to the taxpayer, but he is being told to fly on AF2.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:27 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,278,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
But unlike Obama, Bush and Reagan had a fully operational oval office at their ranches.
It also saved tax dollars by them being at the ranch, instead of the whitehouse.
Bush & Reagan paid for their bills while at the Ranch, with their own pay checks.
So ... it's a requirement of office that presidents be wealthy enough to own their own ranches?

Old 08-13-2013, 06:30 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,278,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So the Op suggests that because others did it or were worse then that makes it okay to do. We don't normally let our children use this excuse so I am wondering why as adults it is an acceptable excuse.
LOL, no, but nice try. The OP is suggesting that the cons should stop whining about something that is routine for presidents and stop hypocritically pretending that it's some terrible new thing that Obama thought up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies