Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:43 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
You're still wrong. If you want to be right, the government needs to get out of her wallet.
I can pretty much guarantee you that the branch of government paying for the WIC, which comes indirectly from federal dollars, is not getting taxes from her. Get over it. You take money from the government, you ask the government into your business. Just like we pay taxes so we get a say by voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 09:44 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I can pretty much guarantee you that the branch of government paying for the WIC, which comes from federal dollars, is not getting taxes from her. Get over it. You take money from the government, you ask the government into your business. Just like we pay taxes so we get a say by voting.
Excuse me, but taxes don't buy us a vote.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:45 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Isn't it interesting that liberals defend a mothers right to choose to kill her child, but not to raise it the way she sees fit. We all know that this isn't just about WIC, this is about raw milk of any sort, and those of you that want to force vaccines on everyone, the younger and more vulnerable, the better. The gov't doesn't own these families, just because they receive some assistance.
God help us if Obamacare takes hold, none of us will have any choice about anything, because health can be tied to everything we do, or think about doing.

This thread is to draw your attention to how insidious this cabal is. Don't give em an inch.

If I was giving birth today, I'd get midwife, but keep it under the radar. Snoops everywhere.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:51 PM

WIC is specifically given to ensure what government considers adequate nutrition. You don't like their definition, don't take the *beeping* coupons. It really is that simple. Among the requirements of WIC is medical check-ups. By the way, looking at a picture of that baby, something seems a little off.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Excuse me, but taxes don't buy us a vote.
No, but we do have a say.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:

Irrelevant to the discussion. You're sort of circling around back on yourself anyhow.
If the taxes give us a say, as you claim, then we're back at my original assertion that she is entitled to have a benefit for that taxation. You seriously couldn't mean that taxes make Congressmen, Senators, and the President sit up and listen to us. You surely can't mean that.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Not really, but that's what they want you to think. The winner of 2016 and beyond has already been decided, the rest is just theater.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:01 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Remember claudhopper.... it takes a village.

(Obvious sarcasm)
You haven't the foggiest what that proverb means. Amusingly, it actually makes reference to a principle most conservatives used to trumpet - The value of community and elders. Unfortunately, our current crop is just so plain ignorant and stupid, they'd never be able to figure that out.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Irrelevant to the discussion. You're sort of circling around back on yourself anyhow.
If the taxes give us a say, as you claim, then we're back at my original assertion that she is entitled to have a benefit for that taxation. You seriously couldn't mean that taxes make Congressmen, Senators, and the President sit up and listen to us. You surely can't mean that.
I don't care what you blather. If she doesn't want them in her business she shouldn't put herself in a position to make them entitled to be in her business. One of the requirements to receive WIC, which she is not required to do, is that her child receives check-ups by WIC personal. Usually it's cursory, but if they notice a problem it isn't. Another requirement of taking those coupons is discussing your child's nutrition their workers. You want to make your own choices and not be questioned? Don't take the coupons. It is that simple. If you want government out of your life a good way to start is to not take things from them. Just like if you don't want to follow your parents' rules after you turn 18, don't live in their house. No one is forcing her to take WIC.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I don't care what you blather.
The sure sign that I've won the argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies