Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 03:38 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times

Advertisements

The question here is simple "What does the Gadsden Don't Tread on Me Banner mean to YOU"?
The things that have been said here, and the ignorance surrounding the flag, and I will say I bold the leftys feet to the fire more than the wannabe militiamen, is astounding.

That a prized symbol of unity and commitment in our countrys history, has been so tarnished this way. Being from a military background, and seeing a few funerals for fallen servicemen, one of them my father, this perversion of this flag steams me!!!

An earlier post showed the Naval Jack flying astern on a US Navy warship. Yes, the Navy STILL flys it. And the ships being ALLOWED to fly it, consider it a higb honor. Not all US Navy vessels have carte blanche to fly the Naval Jack. The flag has special meaning, for me and a LOT of other people

When I see some left wing loon compare this banner to tbe Third Reichs, I want to vomit, copiously. This take because of said moonbats offense to the TEA party, and said libby saw someone waving this flag. Some goose stepping wack job runs this flag up, and poisons the colors, and ANYONE, who dares still have pride in those colors is just like said wack job.

Damn, but I wish people could all understand what they are doing when they turn our national symbols into rags like this. It's spitting on the memories of fallen servicemen, en masse. There ya have it. This flag means a LOT to me, and much of it's pretty damn personal. Want to label me a nut job? Lump me in with ...whoever? Go ahead. You can NEVER get it. Right over head at mach 2 . Thats bout it I reckon....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 11:09 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The question here is simple "What does the Gadsden Don't Tread on Me Banner mean to YOU"?
The things that have been said here, and the ignorance surrounding the flag, and I will say I bold the leftys feet to the fire more than the wannabe militiamen, is astounding.

That a prized symbol of unity and commitment in our countrys history, has been so tarnished this way. Being from a military background, and seeing a few funerals for fallen servicemen, one of them my father, this perversion of this flag steams me!!!

An earlier post showed the Naval Jack flying astern on a US Navy warship. Yes, the Navy STILL flys it. And the ships being ALLOWED to fly it, consider it a higb honor. Not all US Navy vessels have carte blanche to fly the Naval Jack. The flag has special meaning, for me and a LOT of other people

When I see some left wing loon compare this banner to tbe Third Reichs, I want to vomit, copiously. This take because of said moonbats offense to the TEA party, and said libby saw someone waving this flag. Some goose stepping wack job runs this flag up, and poisons the colors, and ANYONE, who dares still have pride in those colors is just like said wack job.

Damn, but I wish people could all understand what they are doing when they turn our national symbols into rags like this. It's spitting on the memories of fallen servicemen, en masse. There ya have it. This flag means a LOT to me, and much of it's pretty damn personal. Want to label me a nut job? Lump me in with ...whoever? Go ahead. You can NEVER get it. Right over head at mach 2 . Thats bout it I reckon....
Amen brother!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies