Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 04:15 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The scariest part is that some right-wingers might read this thread and become convinced themselves that President Obama was responsible for the manner of the response to Hurricane Katrina.
It is interesting how Bush was a racist for not immediately returning to Washington when Katrina happened.

Bush also had the FEMA director resign over the handling of Katrina. How many people has Obama asked to resign over the IRS, NSA, Benghazi, or Fast & Furious situations?

But when the current administration key people - Obama, Kerry, Sommers - were on vacation during the coup in Egypt and the killings in Syria, then we're treated to explanations about how they may not be physically at their posts but they were keeping tabs on what was going on and were able to peform their jobs from their current locations.

It's also interesting how Obama gave a speech in 2007 blasting Bush as a racist over not waiving the Stafford Act for Katrina, after he himself had voted against waiving the Stafford Act for Katrina.

So while it may indeed be scary that right wingers might hold Obama accountable over Katrina, I would say it's also scary that left wingers who were so on the ball with holding Bush accountable for Katrina don't seem to hold Obama to the same level of accountability.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:24 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
ha
ha
ha

you should read all the rediculous things obama and his minions of leg-humpers blame on Bush....

Old 08-28-2013, 04:24 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It is interesting how Bush was a racist for not immediately returning to Washington when Katrina happened.

Bush also had the FEMA director resign over the handling of Katrina. How many people has Obama asked to resign over the IRS, NSA, Benghazi, or Fast & Furious situations?

But when the current administration key people - Obama, Kerry, Sommers - were on vacation during the coup in Egypt and the killings in Syria, then we're treated to explanations about how they may not be physically at their posts but they were keeping tabs on what was going on and were able to peform their jobs from their current locations.

It's also interesting how Obama gave a speech in 2007 blasting Bush as a racist over not waiving the Stafford Act for Katrina, after he himself had voted against waiving the Stafford Act for Katrina.

So while it may indeed be scary that right wingers might hold Obama accountable over Katrina, I would say it's also scary that left wingers who were so on the ball with holding Bush accountable for Katrina don't seem to hold Obama to the same level of accountability.
I wouldn't call Bush a "racist" for what occurred during Katrina. I would say "incompetent" instead. Sort of like he handled 9/11. Between 9/11, Iraq, Katrina and Afghanistan Dubya deserves a medal for killing the most Americans in modern US history. Let's not even count how many foreigners he killed.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:30 AM
bUU bUU started this thread

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
It is pretty sad that you were duped into believing a lie, and doubly-sad that you have now repeated that lie.

"Lieberman and Landrieu were joined by Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., a presidential hopeful who made the most of the opportunity offered by a swarming international media to say he was 'embarrassed' by the White House's handling of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. ...

"At the hearing Monday, Obama seemed unsatisfied with many of the answers Powell gave. Asked why the federal government had not waived the requirement of a 10 percent matching payment from local governments for cleanup and public buildings, as it had for Hurricane Andrew in 1992 and the 2001 terrorist attacks on New York, Powell said it didn't need to because the state could pay the match using federal money."

[Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune]

There were several versions of the bill, at the time, due to typical political wrangling in Washington, and Senator Obama didn't support all of them due to inclusion or exclusion of various amendments, however was a strong supporter of waiving the Stafford Act for Katrina, the exact opposite of what someone is trying to dupe people into believing. Full acknowledgement of all the facts matter, when trying to pass one's self off as credible in a matter such as this. In the end, Senator Obama was a very strong supporter, not an opponent, of waiving the Stafford Act for Katrina.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:40 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,623,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I wouldn't call Bush a "racist" for what occurred during Katrina. I would say "incompetent" instead. Sort of like he handled 9/11. Between 9/11, Iraq, Katrina and Afghanistan Dubya deserves a medal for killing the most Americans in modern US history. Let's not even count how many foreigners he killed.

Wow so Bush is now a racist but not really? How about the incompetence of the LA governor or mayor? It was the state government that was incompetent. The biggest mistake Bush made was with FEMA-however, what do you expect from a government agency?

Please enlighten us on how Bush was incompetent on 09/11?

Don't worry I'm sure your boy Obama will screw up Syria-just like everything else...

Old 08-28-2013, 02:10 PM

774 posts, read 1,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I guess the funniest thing about this is that in 2005 when Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana Obama was the Junior Senator from Illinois and had only been in Congress for 8 months! Can someone please explain to me how the Junior Senator from Illinios was responsible for the Federal response to Katrina?
Simple! It was all that community organizing that caused the flooding!

Quote:
What on earth are you talking about??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
The biggest mistake Bush made was with FEMA-however, what do you expect from a government agency?
Well, if you're running the government, you might expect a minimal level of competence, no?

Quote:
Please enlighten us on how Bush was incompetent on 09/11?
The single biggest intelligence FAILure in American history--he didn't lift a finger to prevent it, even with the report on his desk over a month in advance--and you don't think that was incompetent? What would you call it then? Wow.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:15 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
way too late. the 'bots have been babbling about this for days.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...a-katrina.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-response.html

Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 PM

774 posts, read 1,694,379 times
Thanks, my mistake, and I am usually careful too!

On the bright side, fun reading, and gave me a lot of oppty to distribute more reps

However, it was stretching it a bit to claim "29 percent of people blame Obama"

Old 08-28-2013, 02:56 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Has anyone, ANYONE been able to find the polling data and sample data for this screwed up poll? Can any of you who actually believe it explain why so many of these GOP voters also claim to be very liberal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies