Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 04:37 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

I truly wish we could do more for the people of Syria. It pains me that when someone actually uses chemical weapons, we no longer can do what should be done.

Instead we wasted our national credibility on a war in iraq for weapons that were never there.

This is why we shouldn't go to war just for no reason, we are now watching the fruits of our useless work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
All wars have been useless.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:04 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I truly wish we could do more for the people of Syria. It pains me that when someone actually uses chemical weapons, we no longer can do what should be done.

Instead we wasted our national credibility on a war in iraq for weapons that were never there.

This is why we shouldn't go to war just for no reason, we are now watching the fruits of our useless work.
WMD was only one reason for the war in Iraq. Liberation was another reason.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:06 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
There's no helping the people in that region.

The best you end up with is what Churchill referred to as 'sitting atop a volcano'.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:31 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:

We truly wished we could do more for the people of Iraq at one time also. We did, but only half way because many here were content to complain and stiff and fetch about all the "war crimes" the RWNJ's were committing. So half measures left us where we are today. What do you mean when "someone "actually uses chemical weapons"? Saddam Hussein did actually use chemical weapons against his own people. I seem to recall there was talk then that Iraq's chemical weapons may have been spirited out of the country to.......Syria, at the time. Wonder where Syria got theirs from?

Why do you say we can no longer do what should be done? We can do anything at the risk of starting WW III. What do you propose?

We wasted our national "credibility" on a war for weapons that were never there? How did the those Kurds get gassed?

What just reason is there for war, specifically in Syria, at this time? Your'e the one that expressed a desire to "do something". Remember where YOU said......."I truly wish 'we' could do something for the people of Syria" What is it you wanted to do for them? Liberate them in the same manner we liberated the people of Iraq?

Your post seems disjointed, rambling, and doesn't lead in a coherent direction, at best.

Oh well, just blame Bush and go back to sleep. Just remember, the Democrats, historically, have always gotten us into the bloodiest of the big wars. This one will be on their hands, again.

YC.......

Old 08-27-2013, 08:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:

But not only in that case had Saddam used chemical weapons against the Kurds but he violated the cease fire terms that included inspections in the gulf war ceased fire.In Afganistan it was NATO who move against a attack on US by forces controlling Afganistan which is what NATO does; protect member nations. Now we have a administration calling for I guess a punishment strike against a nation who has likely used chemical weapons still unproven as then but no UN vote to act under that body and certainly no NATO nation has been attacked. We have already put weapons into the civil war going on. There is no ends seen to attacking other than punishing lesson. There were already attacks claimed in march. Then Obama failed to influence events in Egypt. Then his red lie speech. Now likely gassings again on large scales. I see no end to his attacking other than supposedly punishing Syria leadership. It is not likely to end the civil war; likely to injured more civilians; leadership likely will be in bunkers .All because Obama made a speech;it seems to me. Heck; some of the rebels are our sworn enemies. Even Clinton used the attack on Libya downing airliner causing US deaths in justifying his attack on Libya after investigation showed long after Libya was involved. Remember also its was one of the general's who will have to carry this out just warned US congress about the dangers of engaging in Syria's civil war.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:54 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
WMD was the reason used and why we went in.
Bush and company are War Criminals.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:

We should have not gotten involved in the Middle East in the first place. I'd pack it up now, and tell them they're all on their own at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
All wars have been useless.
Some are a necessary evil. WWII IMO was the last relevant war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Did they ever find those WMDs? No? Thought so. Liberation you say? Bulls***! It was simply to enforce our foreign policy in that region, and oil. Furthermore, why is it our responsibilty to liberate another nation? Why should we continue to allow our politicians to send our troops in harms way when that country poses no threat to our borders, or sovereignty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
There's no helping the people in that region.

The best you end up with is what Churchill referred to as 'sitting atop a volcano'.
It's been a hornets nest since the beginning of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
WMD was the reason used and why we went in.
Bush and company are War Criminals.

But you know there is no way in Hell they would be tried.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Wow now we have entire "blame bush" threads.

dear world, it is not Dear Leader Obama's fault that we lack the moral fiber to stand up when standing is needed. It is the Evil George Bush's fault!

get a life

Old 08-28-2013, 09:01 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Wow now we have entire "blame bush" threads.

dear world, it is not Dear Leader Obama's fault that we lack the moral fiber to stand up when standing is needed. It is the Evil George Bush's fault!

get a life

To be fair Obama... Bush... I see no difference. Then again I don't pander to the 2 main parties, so......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies