Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Official GOP position?
Climate change is not happening 7 18.92%
Climate change is happening, but not man-made 28 75.68%
Climate change is happening, man made, but we shouldn't do anything about it 1 2.70%
Climate change is happening, and man made, but the free market should take care of it 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 05:53 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Isn't it interesting how the climate alarmists/environmental whackjobs have fixated on Co2, when before it was the hole in the ozone and acid rain? I guess banning Primatine Mist solved that problem.

A couple of good volcanic eruptions and we can have another Year with No Summer. Somehow these morons will figure out a way to blame Bush for that.
Because time made them liars. If they tried to really take up the bold issue again with any real force, they would be slapped into the next century with empirical data through long term observational study.

It is the same with DDT. They went on and on, predicted, speculated, and proclaimed doom based on nothing more than pulling statistical claims out of their arse to get their change, then many years later, an empirical study showed their claims to be complete garbage. Though... did they rescind the laws? Nope. That is how these charlatans work. Lie, cheat, and fear monger until they get their way, then, avoid, keep quiet, and dismiss when they are shown to be frauds. Welcome to politics, where every member deserves a short drop and a quick stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 05:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:

What is the official republican position on climate change?

Old 08-29-2013, 06:01 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Funny.

Really, no funny.

I guess when you can't argue the science, you have to resort to fallacies to establish support!

Good job, you really have the nation behind you, it is doing wonders. Keep it up, no seriously, please keep it up!!!

Here, let me help you out by providing people with some of your groups past material:

No pressure folks, I mean... you stupid mouth breathing deniers, if you don't accept our demand, we will just blow your arse up! (Seriously, this is what they are saying, watch the video, no it isn't a parody, yes the CAGW advocates made it, then pulled it quickly and tried to hide it as soon as they found how utterly stupid they were)

Old 08-29-2013, 06:07 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Isn't it interesting how the climate alarmists/environmental whackjobs have fixated on Co2, when before it was the hole in the ozone and acid rain? I guess banning Primatine Mist solved that problem.

A couple of good volcanic eruptions and we can have another Year with No Summer. Somehow these morons will figure out a way to blame Bush for that.
Better take an Environmental History class!

Ozone layer: We drastically cut CFC emissions through an International Agreement called the Montreal Protocol. Ozone hole now slowly healing.

Acid Rain: The Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 drastically cut NOX and SOX emissions from industrial sources, significantly curbing the acid rain problem. Acid Rain is still a HUGE problem in places without these standards, most notably India and China.

When we DO something about these environmental problems, they get fixed. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS!

Old 08-29-2013, 06:14 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Fantasy or ignorance? It could go either way.

Science is science, and you're talking about some stupid emails?

Yea, that refutes science.......
Time again the results of science have been adjusted to meet required results for funding. All you have is theory and not fact.

Fact, the climate always changes.
Fact, the sun affects the earths temperatures.
Theory, humans are causing the climate to change.
Theory CO2 levels are causing the earth to heat.

When your theories become facts, then come and see me.

The science is not settled.

The earth stopped heating 15 years ago. So the shrill types are calling it a pause. Cloak all your results and call it whatever you want, fact is AGW is bunk, humans are not causing anything and al-Gore is enriching himself from this bunk.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:19 PM

577 posts, read 512,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Better take an Environmental History class!

Ozone layer: We drastically cut CFC emissions through an International Agreement called the Montreal Protocol. Ozone hole now slowly healing.

Acid Rain: The Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 drastically cut NOX and SOX emissions from industrial sources, significantly curbing the acid rain problem. Acid Rain is still a HUGE problem in places without these standards, most notably India and China.

When we DO something about these environmental problems, they get fixed. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS!
Good point! But i'm sure someone will now try and say there was no ozone problem or acid rain problem to begin with, it was all a hoax. It's kind of their method of doing things, deny everything.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:22 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
way too much typing, what is wrong with you people.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:32 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,825 times
Many of them do believe it's happening, but they tend to ignore or downplay the human contributions toward it.

I tend to lean to the conservative side on most issues and I usually vote Republican, but I disagree strongly with the GOP's stance on Climate Change. Not saying the Democrats like Al-Gore are right either, they are over exaggerating things quite a bit (the doomsday stuff is just propaganda), but there is no doubt that we humans do have an impact on the environment and we need to be more responsible with it.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:35 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
I think the official position is something like:

"We're old, white, selfish, and will be dead soon. Why the hell should we care?"

Old 08-29-2013, 06:41 PM

84 posts, read 83,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Over the last 3-4 years it seems the republican position on climate change has been very fluid and for the most part unclear, while the democrat position has been very consistent and extremely clear for as long as I can remember (going back to the al gore days).

What is the clear consensus on climate change among republicans? Or is there one?
Looks like there is, and it is the accurate one. The earth's weather (short term) and climate longer-term varies constantly. Has been doing so for billions of year, and will continue long after mankind is either extinct or moved on to greener planets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies