Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 08:28 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think they're smiling over the Obama haters who either want:

a) war with Syria

-or-

b) no war with Syria

I report. You decide. Seems your side is having a split decision on this one.
The "Man child in chief" drew a red line, which he thought would be adhered to.

He has nowhere near the power in his speech that he thinks he has.

That is where it started.

"Present!" Now, what time do I tee off?

Old 09-01-2013, 08:38 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
I missed the morning news shows. Is Obama now talking about declaring War on Syria and effectuating regime change using American troops?

Or is he talking about bombing strategic Syrian assets, with little to no war commitment?

Seems to me the situation is pretty much apples to oranges vis-à-vis Iraq. Bush capitalized on Sept. 11 fears to literally fabricate a reason to go to war with a leader that had been contained for a decade. The WMD threat was hyped to effectuate the neo-con wet dream fantasy of fighting a war to make a pluralistic middle eastern democracy out of a dictatorship....

But let's stop trying to draw parallels there.

These partisan games and Obama derangement is tedious.

This current situation is more like when Clinton intervened in Kosovo. (Back then, of course, conservatives and Republicans also railed against unilateral interventionism and use of force...... and then promptly also forgot that when Bush wanted a war).

Old 09-01-2013, 08:46 AM

200 posts, read 274,003 times
Well, we haven't gone to war with Syria yet. So perhaps that's why you don't see any of these weirdos out protesting yet. But it really doesn't matter to me how much they whine and cry about anything, anybody who supports Obama isn't the brightest bulb in the pack. I have more respect for the opinion of a sheep than them because at least the sheep has an excuse for being one.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The "Man child in chief" drew a red line, which he thought would be adhered to.

He has nowhere near the power in his speech that he thinks he has.

That is where it started.

"Present!" Now, what time do I tee off?
You're so disappointed that this war hasn't developed.

Yet you were spittle-spewing furious at how successfully he aided Qadaffi duck's downfall.

RWNJs...

amusing.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:11 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears they have gone silent. Why is that? Where are the protests? Where is the anti war crowd? Where are the front yard signs I saw? I guess nobody cares anymore?

It's quite amazing the hypocrisy of these left handed folks.

Here is the saddest part of it all. Obama sits around a table like a child at a tea party with his little world leaders he's indulging and old Hanoi John goes out behind the podium and microphone to make the US statement. I mean how ridiculous is that? Hell I bet ketchup man was in heaven as that is the stage he always wanted to be on. I'm surprised he didn't knock the damn podium over with his woody he had to be sporting at the time. Just a pathetic mess this entire administration is.
They traded in their protest signs for pom-poms.

"Go-Bama, Go-Bama, go, go, go"

Old 09-01-2013, 09:21 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Every liberal on city-data just sqeezed shut there eyes, stuck there fingers in there ears and, started yelling lalalalalalalalalalala... Oh how they love to pretend that none of these things were said, or better yet how the evil Bush/Cheney tricked them with there Haliburton mind control machine.

wish I could rep ya again.

bill
The hypocrisy of the left forever shows.

The whine and cry about Bush but, ignore they voted for Hillary, Kerry and Biden, twice. All who voted FOR the wars.

Isn't it funny they NEVER say those evil democrats lied.

Almost forgot it was Bill Clinton who signed the order for regime change in Iraq, yet not a whimper about HIM lying.

Bill signed the order and Bush carried it out.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:54 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
^ exactly.

I'm not happy with the way that they've handled it thus far; lots of saber-rattling, and an official stance as to who fired what, before the UN has even weighed in on the matter.

However, no bombs have fallen yet, there are no boots on the ground. We haven't actually waged or gone to war yet, which is why there are no mass-scale protests pouring out into the streets, which will likely happen if we go to war. And if this happens, the irony is that most likely both the left and the right will be mobilized to march against it: the right simply because it's happening under Obama, and the left out of a general opposition to war, as well as a feeling of betrayal.

I've noticed that in the last few days, rather than rushing to the forefront with lies and claims about chemical weapons being all over Syria, the Obama administration has walked back from their hawkishness. At first, we were saying that we could be attacking as early as Thursday; now, it's Saturday, and we're waiting and weighing options. In the event that the UN concludes that it was the rebels who instigated the attack, then Obama will have some serious egg on his face.

Hold the phone. Obama wants to enter into war with Syria because they used chemical weapons on their own people. Iraq did the same thing. So why is it ok to bomb Syria but it was not ok to bomb Iraq?

Old 09-01-2013, 10:57 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Oh and at least Bush had other countries and over 15 UN sanctions. Obama has NONE!!! Not even Britain but hey if Obama thinks it needs to be done then it needs to be done.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:18 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,859,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I missed the morning news shows. Is Obama now talking about declaring War on Syria and effectuating regime change using American troops?

Or is he talking about bombing strategic Syrian assets, with little to no war commitment?

Seems to me the situation is pretty much apples to oranges vis-à-vis Iraq. Bush capitalized on Sept. 11 fears to literally fabricate a reason to go to war with a leader that had been contained for a decade. The WMD threat was hyped to effectuate the neo-con wet dream fantasy of fighting a war to make a pluralistic middle eastern democracy out of a dictatorship....

But let's stop trying to draw parallels there.

These partisan games and Obama derangement is tedious.

This current situation is more like when Clinton intervened in Kosovo. (Back then, of course, conservatives and Republicans also railed against unilateral interventionism and use of force...... and then promptly also forgot that when Bush wanted a war).
No proof of anything your saying?
The Bush lied thing is getting old, not even the Democrats 4 investigations could prove that Bush lied about anything.
Hell the Iraq war started under Clinton, any time there was a scandal in the white house the citizens of Iraq were ducking for cover. we used to call it wag the dog.

bill

Old 09-01-2013, 11:19 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Did democrats protest the Afghanistan war? No.

Democrats only protested the Iraq war (because Iraq had nothing to do with Sept 11.)

The Bush White House told 935 documented lies about Iraq, killed 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people, and killed 1,000's of US soldiers for nothing.

Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

When Obama tells 100's of lies to start a war, kills 100,000+ innocent people, and kills 1,000's of US soldiers for nothing, then we will complain about Obama, just like we complained about Bush.

Based on flawed intelligence that the entire 'community' agreed on. So Bush was wrong, but 60 percent of the US was in favor of going into Iraq. Congress voted, and we went.

Now, about 75% of the US is against bombing Syria, and Obama says the intelligence is that weapons of mass destruction were used, only the UN and our British allies say we shouldn't attack.

I find it disturbing that the Bush era anti war group is remaining so silent at this point. My vote is that we stop this military action BEFORE it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies