Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2013, 02:15 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,207,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hey Liberals --- listen to this !

John Lennon - Give Peace A Chance - YouTube
Sorry but listening to anything a heroin addict says or sings about is a waste of time. Heroin addicts are no more than "the walking dead" sorry

Old 09-04-2013, 04:36 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,832,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
See, both your President and your Vice President publicly said that Bush had no authority to attack a nation without congressional approval. Then they got into office and attacked Libya. Without congressional approval.
Wrong. Republicans were saying obama is weak for not getting involved in libya and is making america look weak.And that we shouldbe leading by example and not from behind..Europeans and the UN LEAD attacks in libya supported by the arab league. And libya is peanuts to iraq. Americans invaded iraq cause they needed someone to blame for 9/11

You say the democrats are hypocrites but yet its republicans who always want to bomb and invade those countries over their.

Bottom line if obama didnt do anything about syria republicans would have a field day with this. Now that he is many object it. But newsflash many liberalvoters object it too

Old 09-04-2013, 04:50 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
..and this is like a sad reality show titled "Amateur Hour." Assad is moving everything Obama claims he wants to bomb. Why? Because Obama told Assad he was going to bomb them, and gave him plenty of time, with advanced warning, to move them.

This is all being done to make Obama look tough by backing up his extremely vague red line threat.
He's moving military bases, runways???

Old 09-04-2013, 10:38 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,192,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

This is all being done to make Obama look tough by backing up his extremely vague red line threat.
Had he launched missles within 48 hours he would have looked tough, Now I don't think so.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Sorry but listening to anything a heroin addict says or sings about is a waste of time. Heroin addicts are no more than "the walking dead" sorry
-- That's why I wrote "Hey liberals listen to this". I didn't mean it for conservatives for that reason.

Liberals only pretend they want peace, we're seeing first hand they do not want peace and are nothing but hypocrits.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wrong. We are not talking about an invasion of Syria, simply air and missile stikes to deter the Syrian Dictator from using WMDs against his own people. By the way, the "We" you refer to does not include many Republicans, including the Republican Leadership, which back the plan. Oh and just to remind you "We", the President IS getting Congressional Approval so everything is above board and legal. Oh and just another reminder, The President does not need Congressional approval to bomb another Nation, and that was the only thing Obama has done and only once, Libya. Now, you were saying?
Yeah sure -- just like JFK only was going to send "advisors" into Vietnam.

Doing a couple pre-announced strikes on something and given them plenty of warning so they can move whatever it is we say we're going to destroy by bombing is just stupid.

And then we're telling Assad that we'll only bomb something he managed to get relocated for 60 days -- then he can move it back.

Admit it -- there is no plan. No goal. We would just be bombing something to say we bombed something.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid55 View Post
I mean, IT'S WHAT DUBYA Would've done...

well this certainly brings a lot to the discussion. ^

Old 09-05-2013, 05:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
LOL, I am as conservative as I am liberal, just goes to show you are not paying attention but instead go by your own "opinions". Speaking of non-thinking minds maybe you should open yours a tiny bit for a change.
You are as independent as they come. Trying to make the conversation about you, is an obvious effort to divert away form the topic, and it is done in an affort to conceal the weakness of the original argument.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
-- That's why I wrote "Hey liberals listen to this". I didn't mean it for conservatives for that reason.

Liberals only pretend they want peace, we're seeing first hand they do not want peace and are nothing but hypocrits.
So, a British musician writes a song, and that means US liberals only pretends to want peace.....? Is that the argument here?

Old 09-05-2013, 11:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are as independent as they come. Trying to make the conversation about you, is an obvious effort to divert away form the topic, and it is done in an affort to conceal the weakness of the original argument.
Thanks, but ............oh well, I have had my say on the topic (several times) and most of the many threads on the topic turned into nothing more than personal attacks so I am done with the topic, tired of arguing with the spoiled children here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies