Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 03:51 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Suppose Syria manages to destroy the American fleet. Then what? Did we make the right decision?

It's easy to say you want to wage war when you believe your adversary to be impotent.
Suppose a big flying pig drops a load of crap on Assads head. Will he be able to attend his Mosque the following Friday?

It's easy to create any scenario you want when you "what if"?

I proudly served my country in Vietnam. I volunteered, I wasn't drafted.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
the way your posts have been rolling, you'll have the masses believing that we are going to storm the Syrian beaches like we did in WWII and that's not the case at all. If, the chemical weapons have a chance of falling into Al Nasra's hands we will move to secure them.
Yes, yes, I know AQ already has limited capability of CWs but they don't have delivery systems and they don't have military grade CW. We cannot allow syrian CW to fall into terrorists hands, period.
Which is the reasoning to land on the beach.

Yet we lost the gold, weapons and chemicals in Libya and that's NBD ?

Old 09-03-2013, 03:54 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Suppose a big flying pig drops a load of crap on Assads head. Will he be able to attend his Mosque the following Friday?

Rarely do I laugh out loud after reading this board....

Old 09-03-2013, 03:58 PM

219 posts, read 285,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
War? It seems like only RWNJ's are declaring war. I am for a limited engagement to do the maximum possible damage to the Assad regime, to indicate that chemical weapons are in-no-way acceptable.

Stop being a partisan hack. Think for yourself.
Obama is a RWNJ? Whodathunk....... translation..... you use hyperbole to try and defend your nonsensical stance.

The only partisan on here is you kid....... you can't pick and choose what war you like based on party..... which is what you are doing

Maybe the school shooting in CT got you all riled up an you want to take it out on other nations?

And these folks call themselves Liberals.....

Old 09-03-2013, 04:00 PM

219 posts, read 285,642 times
Quote:

Sure you did....

And everyone on the internet is a millionaire rock star with a huge mansion and beautiful wife too....

You guys don't know which way to turn anymore..... now your hero O is in the war business

Glad I am not confused like you.... yikes

Old 09-03-2013, 04:00 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,842 times
Quote:

You say this as if you don't believe that Syria can retaliate. They are being supported by the Russians.

Do you really believe that this is worth sacrificing American lives?

Sure, it's possible there won't be any American casualties, but Russia threatened there will be "consequences."

Does that count for anything? Certainly, Russia has the capability.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:03 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Default It's so telling: Republicans now act dovish but trashed Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012 for being dovish.

Just like Democrats claim to be anti-war while campaigning, but once they take office turn into warmongerers.

What's it gonna take for people in this country to wake up and see that BOTH parties are completely, totally, 100% against their interests and only work for certain special-interest groups--while at the same time working together behind the scenes to keep us divided and at each others' throats?

Old 09-03-2013, 04:03 PM

349 posts, read 422,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Saving lives and preventing the proliferation of chemical weapons is emotional? Defending helpless people is emotional? Sorry, friend... Where I come from that's called nobel.

Sorry you couldn't find a rational reason to disagree with me.
It is an emotional reason. By that logic, the US should be giving handouts to African children. It's not Americas business to be saving lives around the world. Let the country sort out their own problems. The role of a military is to serve and protect it's nation. The role of the government is to do everything in it's power to protect and govern it's nation so it's people will be well off. Going to intervene in a situation in a foreign country has nothing to do with America. Zero.

If you'd like since you care so much, why don't you start your own task force with the rest of your hippie lib friends and go liberate the Syrian people? While you're there, you can oversee the radical Muslims who will take over.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:08 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
You say this as if you don't believe that Syria can retaliate. They are being supported by the Russians.

Do you really believe that this is worth sacrificing American lives?

Sure, it's possible there won't be any American casualties, but Russia threatened there will be "consequences."

Does that count for anything?
Chance we have to take. My position is that none of us have a clue what exactly the big picture is in all of this. Our leaders do. For the first time in 5 years the rabid opposition of president Obama is supporting his actions concerning Syria. this after secret intelligence briefings. I'll bow to the bi-partisan consensus in this case. even the politicians who have obstructed the president are going with the bi-partisan consensus. That's good enough for me. I support our Commander in Chief and the action he takes. It's time for the rabid partisanship to cease on this issue. Our leaders realize it and the rest of us ought to also. In the final standing, we are all warriors in the fight against terrorism.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:09 PM

13 posts, read 10,455 times
I think most Americans who support the idea of the U.S. getting involved in the Syria situation also thought we should have done more for Libya, instead of making bombing runs. It has to do with the fact that we can do something about it. Atrocities against fellow humans are going on somewhere in the world, and those people believe we should do all in our power to help them.

Personally, I think we should stay away from Syria. We are in no position to go meddling in the business of others. Plus, Russia is on the Syrian government's side, and we do not want to **** them off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies