Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 02:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Why does the US want to invade Syria, because it claims the Syrian government used bio gas on its citizens, which violates international law.

Can the US strike the US without approval from the UN Security Council? No it can't because that will violate international law -The use of force is lawful only when in exercise of self-defence in accordance with article 51 of the United Nations Charter and or when the Security Council approves such action. Either China or Russia or both will most likely veto.

Let's wait and see how the US government solves that dilemma.

It is so funny that in 2013, the US still thinks it is its duty to meddle with another country's internal business. Maybe it is time to let the US know that it is not in charge any more...
I've said in another post I made last week: I hope another country gives us a bloody nose for this. We lob missiles, they lob missiles back in return. Hit our ships, whatever. We deserve it. We get away with far too much in this world. A bully has to be put in his place.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:13 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Why do you constantly use the term "invade"? The US has no intention of invading. We don't need to invade. We have the Free Syrian Army already in-country.
if the US strikes syria, it will be invasion. There is no other word for it.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:17 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
And what makes you so sure that is the reason why the US is involved in this conflict?

Why didn't the US get involved with Rwanda? Did you oppose intervention in that conflict?

This is not something new. People kill eachother all around this world, yet the US picks and chooses which conflict they get involved in, which debunks your "world police at all costs" theory.

So, would you be willing to send your own brother to war with Syria?
You start a thread asking for posters to explain their side of an issue then you mercilessly attack each one who provides you with an answer.
What's up with that?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:36 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
From some of Cantor's statements after meeting with the president, I think they do intend to help develop the plan. As they should. This is going to be a bipartisan effort, which I know sticks in the craw of many on the right who would like to see the president go it alone. Your elected officials don't agree.
The plan has been developed by AIPAC boots on the ground is the plan. GOP and Dem members will be brought on board in hyper speed now.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm translating this as: "I am too cowardly to fight for this conflict myself, but I feel justified in sending another person's son in harms way, even if it was my own brother."
Where did you get the idea he was saying that? He was simply saying, which is true and I come from a military family, when you decide to go into the service, you agree to fight for your country and yes, maybe lose your life or a limb. He isn't saying he is too cowardly to fight for our country or for an other country.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:38 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where did you get the idea he was saying that? He was simply saying, which is true and I come from a military family, when you decide to go into the service, you agree to fight for your country and yes, maybe lose your life or a limb. He isn't saying he is too cowardly to fight for our country or for an other country.
If you are for this engagement, would you be willing to send your son or your brother to war over this particular conflict? If so, why?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:38 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Well OP, it doesnt look like you have any takers. No one on C-D is willing to send troops into Syria.

You know the funny thing is we are talking about what we are willing to do, and not even talking about why we are at this point.

The fact is, the only reason we are talking about this is because the President got really stupid one day and decided to tell Asad what he could and couldnt do and doing certian things would "cross a red line" etc.

Now Asad seems to have crossed the line and the President must do something so he wont look stupid.

This is about some kind of "credibility" gap and our need to make sure we are properly believed. It is a strange place to be. but we are here because Mr. Obama is a foreign policy idiot.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:39 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The plan has been developed by AIPAC boots on the ground is the plan. GOP and Dem members will be brought on board in hyper speed now.
I must admit that I've never heard any hint of any boots on the ground. This is very new news to me.
I had heard that once the Free Syrian Army has secured the AO, the 101st airborne would come in and secure all the chemical weapons but the guy who told me this was stone drunk at the time.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid55 View Post
I mean, IT'S WHAT DUBYA Would've done...
shall we start with: not all conservatives, what about McCain, Bohner, etc. They are not opposed to going. Next shall we bring up, Hussein was a treat to us and shall we also add; sometimes we can learn from our mistakes, maybe this is one time? Do you want some more reasons or will this surmise?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:41 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
If you are for this engagement, would you be willing to send your son or your brother to war over this particular conflict? If so, why?
Not that I am "for" this operation (see my post above) but just so we are all clear. THIS right here is why you started this tread. so someone would come along and say they were for it and you could get your "zinger" in and drop the "would you go die for this cause" line.

Del Boy, that right there was childish.

and your timing stinks. The guy you dropped that on, opposes this and most conflicts we have been in. He was just stating what he thought were reasons....not his...

ugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies