Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:55 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
His excuse is that his back is "out." The guy is a class act. I've never been around anyone (as a neighbor), along with his family, that has less consideration for others around him. If he doesn't have a way at any given moment to annoy the folks on the block, he'll invent one. Anyway, his back is "out." Now if that were true, I'd have no problem with him being on disability/welfare. Thing is, his back is not "out." He's built like a horse and has more muscle in his forearms than I do in my legs--strong... big... muscular... pretty buff... and his back is "out." Well, he doesn't do much during the day (at least when I've been around). He did mow the lawn that day, but he's hardly ever seen except when he hops in his gigantic diesel truck and vibrates the dishes around the block as he roars away.

And here's how he keeps the disability "detectives" from discovering that his back is really not "out": each night at about 11:30 pm, he starts doing all his work around the house and yard, along with his wife and kids. He/they makes the most god-awful noise for about three or four hours into the early morning (2 or 3 o'clock). Mows, saws, messes around with the pit bulls he raises in the back yard, waters, builds stuff (saws, hammers, etc), you name it. It's great for the people that have to get up and go to work in the mornings. The only thing he doesn't do is blast a boom-box--but he certainly makes up for it. This is all above and beyond the pit bull kennel and constant barking. The cops have been over there several times, but nothing really changes.

Poor disabled guy. He's a real class act. This is the kind of thing our tax dollars pay for. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with helping truly incapacitated people. But folks that play the system ruin the system for everyone. Personally, I can't wait for winter when it's in the single digits at night. I'm sure that will be too much for him and his "bad back," and they will all stay indoors at night so the rest of us can sleep.

If it sounds like I'm bitter and have sour grapes dangling from my vines, you would be right. I haven't had a decent night's sleep for months--maybe that's why I'm so pissy all the time. I've only talked to the guy twice--both times in a civilized manner. It only made him worse. That's the way two-year-olds act. And that's about the mentality with this guy.
Damn dude!
Document that **** and turn it in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies