Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 03:18 PM

702 posts, read 727,133 times

Advertisements

I would exhume Ronald Regan, clone him 10,000 times and vote him into every single elected office in government before I would ever cast a vote for a Libertarian candidate for any post -- including dog catcher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 03:20 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm sorry you no longer have choices in life.... Truly sad days we live in.

I would certainly hope if you ever have a chance to buy a home in your life, you inspect it well or pay someone to do that job.

Would you move in next door and down wind to a pig farm? I guess you don't have a choice.
I lived in the California San Joaquin Valley, and they have some very large dairy farms there. This housing developer bought up some land that bordered a dairy farm, and built low cost homes all along the property line. There were literally rows of homes which were right up against the barbwire fences. The home owners had cows looking over the fences into their backyards!!! Kids on swing sets with cows twenty feet away. The stench from cow manure was sooooo bad, even before the homes went up, that I would hold my breath during that five mile stretch of dairy farm. Un-freaking believable.

I would not doubt that sooner then later, the cries for unsanitary conditions from the stench, flies, and dust kicked up from dried animal feces, would go out, and the home owners would get the county or state government to kick out the dairy farmer.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:30 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I lived in the California San Joaquin Valley, and they have some very large dairy farms there. This housing developer bought up some land that bordered a dairy farm, and built low cost homes all along the property line. There were literally rows of homes which were right up against the barbwire fences. The home owners had cows looking over the fences into their backyards!!! Kids on swing sets with cows twenty feet away. The stench from cow manure was sooooo bad, even before the homes went up, that I would hold my breath during that five mile stretch of dairy farm. Un-freaking believable.

I would not doubt that sooner then later, the cries for unsanitary conditions from the stench, flies, and dust kicked up from dried animal feces, would go out, and the home owners would get the county or state government to kick out the dairy farmer.
They had a choice to buy there did they not?? They knew of this farm there did they not?? Did anyone force them to buy there?? That is their own ignorence.
Just because a delveloper bought the land and built there doesn't mean people have to buy it....

Old 09-09-2013, 03:46 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
They had a choice to buy there did they not?? They knew of this farm there did they not?? Did anyone force them to buy there?? That is their own ignorence.
Just because a delveloper bought the land and built there doesn't mean people have to buy it....
Agreed. Why do people forget that you don't need govt to control everything. The world was here before govts and will be long after.

If someone damages you have them pay. No need for all this govt overhead. Just common sense and personal responsibility.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:52 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

Well, I can understand people having a problem with dairy farms, but you make it sound like it is some toxic plant for soilent green. I grew up in a farming town, it isn't terrible as you say, well... maybe for people who have never been around it, but the point is that people who have issues with country living need to stay out of the country, or... at least be very selective in their properties.

Now I can understand if someone builds their home somewhere and then a company comes in and builds some type of plant right next to them. I am not saying they are justified in stopping them, but their complaint is understandable. Those who move into a place where such is already there and then complain about it? Well... that has a certain type of stupid written all over it.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
They may go about it in completely different ways, but communism and libertarianism both end up with the same result. The average person's life would be controlled by the government or the oligarchs, but it would be under complete control either way.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:22 PM

311 posts, read 493,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Libertarianism is just another dogmatic system that's akin to religion. I cold heartedly agree with this thesis. There's no difference between communism and libertarianism.

Maybe you should do your homework or talk to a variety of Libertarians more (those who don't cow-tow with their ideologues like the so-called left wing liberals & right wing conservatives). Besides, Bloomberg is nothing more than an elitist control freak.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:33 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
They may go about it in completely different ways, but communism and libertarianism both end up with the same result. The average person's life would be controlled by the government or the oligarchs, but it would be under complete control either way.
This is different than the corporate fascism we have now?

Old 09-09-2013, 05:45 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,291,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
This thread has reinforced the belief I have held for sometime that we are rapidly becoming a country of simpletons and idiots.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:48 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm sorry you no longer have choices in life.... Truly sad days we live in.

I would certainly hope if you ever have a chance to buy a home in your life, you inspect it well or pay someone to do that job.

Would you move in next door and down wind to a pig farm? I guess you don't have a choice.
i have lived in farm country, it doesnt bother me in the least, but then i am not the average person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies