Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 01:25 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
See, Andy - this strikes me as fairly representative; not what you think the Tea Party is:
It strikes you as fair representative because you base your opinions on ignorance and lies. You scream and cry about bigotry in the tea party while making and agreeing with extremely bigoted and unfounded comments about everyone in the tea party. As a college educated conservative who supports what the tea party stands for I can see why you and your liberal friends would despise the tea party, you want to continue the practices that the tea party wants to correct in this country.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Do you disagree substantively with anything that I said? Or are you just tossing out various nouns and adjectives that you think make a point?
I disagree with everything you said and unless you can actually prove anything you said I'm correct. You do nothing but attack an entire group of people with bigoted, hateful comments and you claim they are hateful bigoted people. How much more hypocritical and ignorant could you be?

Old 09-11-2013, 01:29 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I disagree with everything you said and unless you can actually prove anything you said I'm correct. You do nothing but attack an entire group of people with bigoted, hateful comments and you claim they are hateful bigoted people. How much more hypocritical and ignorant could you be?
Oh come on, call them "leftist trash", you know some more of the right-wing Tea Party "class" ya got going there.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:30 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,773,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post

I doubt the Tea Party will ever be anything other than a fringe group.
Tell that to former Senator Bob Bennett or "mainstream" Republican David Dewhurst of Texas.

The Tea Party has now elected multiple U.S. Senators.

Quote:
I do NOT see that "fascists/progressives are massively afraid of the Tea Party."
then why do they constantly lie about and slander the Tea Party movement? Read this thread, it is thick with Tea Party slander. Where did these folks pick-up these propaganda talking points? From the fascist/progressive leadership who knows the Tea Party is a major threat to totalitarian fascist govt.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:31 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
I'd love to see a viable third party. Republicans and Democrats both can kiss my butt.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:31 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Many of the leaders of the Democratic Party are moderates, some of them even moderate Republicans chased from the GOP by brigades intent on purging "RINOs" from the party. The leftists have all been marginalized, while the right-wingers run the Republican Party.
The Progressive caucus was formed by people who thought the existing party was not liberal enough. That caucus now has triple the membership of the previously existing Blue Dog caucus. The Democrats attempted an overhaul of healthcare in the 90s and when the majority of people opposed it, they dropped the effort. The Democrats under Obama attempted an overhaul of healthcare and when the majority opposed it and there was 0 bipartisan agreement on it, they used reconciliation to push it through without the votes. The Democrats and Republicans worked together to reform welfare with a bipartisan effort. When Obama got into office he unilaterally reversed the reforms with an executive order.

Your contention that the Democrat party of today is moderate is humorously ridiculous. There is no evidence whatsoever to support it, and all evidence in existence contradicts it. Sorry, but you're just flat out wrong.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:32 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
I'm tired of this two party system bull$hit. It's time the country elects someone to office who has a firm head on their shoulders...
Tell me what issues make a moderate

Old 09-11-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Oh come on, call them "leftist trash", you know some more of the right-wing Tea Party "class" ya got going there.
If you truly believe in your heart that thousands and thousands of Americans who support the tea party are nothing but really old racist white people you are pure ignorant liberal trash, quite worthy of the name.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:35 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It strikes you as fair representative because you base your opinions on ignorance and lies. You scream and cry about bigotry in the tea party while making and agreeing with extremely bigoted and unfounded comments about everyone in the tea party. As a college educated conservative who supports what the tea party stands for I can see why you and your liberal friends would despise the tea party, you want to continue the practices that the tea party wants to correct in this country.
No. You got that 100% wrong. These are not my opinions. These are the opinions I hear around me, living in the South, being surrounded by a bunch of good-ole-boys and African-Americans. As I said previously, these opinions may be based on propaganda but even if so, it doesn't change that this is what they are. Your angry response clearly shows that you, too, know what they are.

Alas, I think your response is indicative of the problem the Tea Party has:
You don't listen to anybody else.
You are convinced that your self-perceptions are accurate.
You wear your blinders at all times.
And you condemn anything and anyone who doesn't see things your way.

Thanks for attacking the messenger, though.

May I suggest you take a look in the mirror to find out what the Tea Party does wrong?

Old 09-11-2013, 01:36 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Tell that to former Senator Bob Bennett or "mainstream" Republican David Dewhurst of Texas.
Yeah, Bennett was replaced by Mike Lee, who proposed raising the SS retirement age to 70. I'm guessing that would badly hurt a lot of baggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies