Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 08:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
1) The United States was founded on the principle that there are certain inalienable rights that are endowed upon each of us... these are not rights that the Constitution bestows upon us in the Bill of Rights, but rights we are born with. The right to protect one's self and the right to liberty are two of them. 2) The last 100 years is riddled with examples of modern, liberalized countries falling into the hands of tyrants... what do you think they do first? Take away the guns through regulation, registration, confiscation, and incarceration. You don't need to go back to the days of the Founding Fathers... just look at the last 100 years.

We should all appreciate that they understood that tyranny is always a danger, and that 'eternal vigilance is the price of liberty'. They affirmed the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment (right after freedom of speech, religion, and press!), because they knew it protects all of the other inalienable rights and acts as the fourth check and balance. Not for recreation, but to defend liberty!

Furthermore, all the proposed executive orders by President Obama and bills proposed by Sen. Feinstein (including the provisions of the former "assault weapons ban") do is take guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens; they have not, do not, and will not reduce crime. Criminals don't care whether or not they are breaking gun laws; law-abiding gun owners do. There are over 300 million guns in the U.S... do you think they will be able to confiscate them from all of the law-abiding citizens who know it is their natural right to own them, let alone from the criminals who intend to use them to rob and murder?

The answer is 'no', so accept that there will always be guns in this country; let's drop the facade of these political attempts to control the population in the name of 'safety', and try to address the real problems behind these shootings (namely mental health issues and "gun-free zones") and violent crime in general.
Has anyone taken a single gun from your hands yet? You freak out about this over and over, yet still no one has come for your guns.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
That's because it was never said..
Or I don't care if you believe me because I am not going to waste my time hunting through old posts of conversations that didn't involve you.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:30 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Or I don't care if you believe me because I am not going to waste my time hunting through old posts of conversations that didn't involve you.
I know that I would keep track of such a post for later reference if I was going to make such statements.
Whatever..

Old 11-18-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I know that I would keep track of such a post for later reference if I was going to make such statements.
Whatever..
HAHA, well then you sir are way too involved in this site. I personally don't invest as much interest in this site than you clearly do.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:36 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
Oh Gunz and I have been having this conversation for a long time, he knows what I am talking about and it goes well beyond this one thread.
Then you will have no problem find them, right?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Has anyone taken a single gun from your hands yet? You freak out about this over and over, yet still no one has come for your guns.
They have prevented the legal ability for me to buy a M416 or any other Automatic Weapon that was made after the registry cut off date of May 19 1986. that is an infringement.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
You cant find it, why because it never happened, if any side is going to start a civil war it will be the statist left who starts ban self defense weapons and starts rounding people up, kind of like how the left did it to the Japanese during WW2

Old 11-18-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
HAHA, well then you sir are way too involved in this site. I personally don't invest as much interest in this site than you clearly do.
Yes its his fault you made a BS claim...Liberalism at work say or do something dumb, change the subject.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
LOL.. No, you just like to come here and try and stir a bunch of crap with deception and lies, but hey it's a free country.. Who do you have to thank for that? Hmmmm... Oh yeah, people like you.

Old 11-18-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
You cant find it, why because it never happened, if any side is going to start a civil war it will be the statist left who starts ban self defense weapons and starts rounding people up, kind of like how the left did it to the Japanese during WW2
Well then you best be very afraid cause we are coming for you right wingers first. Or does that mean you are just gonna let us lefties put you in camps cause you don't want to start a war or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies